December 21, 2014 | 1387 users online

Concealers - Ellis Faas - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by inbetweendays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm reiterating what everyone has already said about this incredible concealer. The consistency is perfect: fluid, easy to blend, and buildable. The coverage is great; it covers like a thicker concealer or corrector. I was previously using BB corrector and LM secret concealer but those started settling into lines. Ellis Faas, however, does not settle into fine lines. It lasts more than 8 hours for me. I have hereditary dark purplish dark circles and #204 covers them perfectly. I am around NC30ish. The only downside for me is the clicky pen, which I hate but I will grudgingly accept because it houses such a perfect concealer. Love this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can only echo the sentiments of my fellow reviews below to say this is hands down the best concealer I've ever used - yes, its really sublime. Fluid yet pigmented, I can use it on both hyper pigmentation and under eye circles and come away with a flawless finish on both. I have a crease under my eye that I've had since I can remember & this is the only concealer I've ever used that doesn't settle in there after i pat it down - yes, Dorothy, there is an Oz!

For really bad days, I layer this over the GA pink corrector & I look like I've slept for 16 hours in a shady hammock outside in an Alpine village. Yes its expensive but look out for deals with online retailers to make it more bearable. Personally I am happy to support a small business and to buy a product that works so brilliantly... particularly when I think of all the money that's been spent in the past on products that don't.

In addition, I have to give a big shout out to the CS at Ellis Faas - I recently repurchased the concealer, but managed to receive a defective pen. As I was travelling out of the country (and couldn't return it to the store), I emailed the company directly. A new pen was immediately dispatched. The only problem was that it was coming to Italy which has a notoriously awful postal service, so when I was leaving I let them know it had not yet arrived (and that I was having trouble with another product)- and they sent another new one plus a replacement for the other product, to my address in the USA. This time they arrived in 3 days. Unbelievable. Both of these new ones work perfectly. What a great experience with a great small company - I wish more would take note!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by rebelb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The best concealer for me yet. I use it around my eyes, above my brow to soften some redness, and around my nose. I have a light beige complexion, and I use #202.
The packaging, as others have said, isn't so great--you can't tell if you have anything left until, well, you don't have anything left! And the brush gets a little splayed, so I took a lippie off for packaging (and price.)
But the product itself? Sublime.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Words cannot convey how wonderful this concealer is, and how horrible the packaging is. I'm fair-skinned and had to buy both colors (1 and 2) and blend to get it to work with my current skin color. (I'll tan a bit through the windshield during the summer.) It does stay on very well and needs minimal touching up. I have not used it on my eyes but just on blemishes. The combined reviewers' hatred of the packaging still cannot convey how terrible that brush is. I'm seriously considering returning the product, even though it works well, simply due to the packaging. They are all correct: you have to spin the dial too many times to get any product to come out, and then it's either too much product and/or some clear liquid. I'm also having issues with stray brush wisps randomly sticking out because it doesn't go back into the cap well, but that could be my fault. I wish I could somehow get it open and transfer the product into a container where it wouldn't dry out. Maybe cracking it open will diffuse some of my frustration!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by feiste

Love the formulation of this concealer. It blends like a dream so you don't tug on the delicate skin around your eye area. It stays on all day and covers everything it's supposed to from blemishes to broken capillaries to undereye circles, though the one thing I don't like about it is that it can sometimes look a little cakey. Why sometimes? Because while the concealer itself is beautiful, the application system this product comes sealed in is @#$%$@@. I hope that has aptly conveyed to you how much I dislike the click-pen system. It just doesn't work. Sometimes no product comes out so you start turning the end of the pen with a vengeance and then everything pours out. So if you keep the extra product to use the next time round, it will have dried out a little by the time you get to it.

You may be enterprising and think, "Well, I'll just be smarter and more patient then and not click like there's no tomorrow." Oh ho. That's what I thought too. Trust me, this pen tries your patience like no other.

The strangest thing is that Ellis Faas uses this packaging for everything but the mascara so you'd have thought that she would make it great. It's not impossible. YSL has done a good job of it with Touch Eclat and so has By Terry and Stila and Faas is priced similarly.

So, love the product, hate the applicator but love>hate since Faas has got the colour and formula right (soooo much better than Bobbi Brown, which has too much yellow even for Asians and is thick, cakey and hard to blend) so I will keep using this. The things we do for love (and the illusion of perfect skin)...

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by arodwhat

This is my HG concealer. It blends like a dream. It doesn't even look like I have put anything on--it just looks like my natural skin. I have some creasing under my eyes that with other concealer, halfway through the day it would migrate to the creases and just sit there, highlighting them. This stays in places all day and makes those creases less noticeable. A thing that I really like about it is that it's more of a liquid so it goes on smoothly and doesn't feel thick and cakey but still provides great coverage. I am about an NW15 and I used S201, the lightest shade. It is slightly lighter than my skin but I like that because it lightens up the eye area.

The only con about this product is the packaging. I truly despise it. I use my finger to apply so the brush is pointless to me. Also, I will click and click and nothing comes out and then it will start leaking some oily looking fluid and then eventually too much of the product will come out in one big glob. I keep this glob on the brush and use it for a few weeks until the brush has no concealer left in it and then repeat the process of clicking and getting oil and then excess. Very annoying. Regardless of the terrible packaging, I love this product and would buy again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't live without concealer, so I purchased the Ellis Faas concealer in 202 to pair with my 102 Skin Veil. First I must say that this is a liquid concealer that has a lot of coverage considering that it is a fluid. The product itself has a fool proof applicatio, two twists and I apply it directly over my dark circles, blending it with my fingers. While I didn't like the brush for the Skin Veil Foundation, this one is rather adequate and the product is rather effective in camouflaging my dark circles. It doesn't crease in my fine lines nor does it dry the sensitive under-eye skin giving me an immediate awake result without looking cakey or giving me a reverse panda look.

I also this to apply on my brow bone for natural illumination and my cupid's bow, the texture is fluid and blends seamlessly and has enough coverage to mask blemishes or other imperfections.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by SR19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG concealer. I'm using S204. It does not crease (with powder applied on top) and it stays put! I have terrible dark circles under my eyes, and I used a combination of Master Corrector by Giorgio Armani and Touche Eclat by YSL. The colour and texture of this concealer is perfect so I only use this now. The clicking mechanism is not great. Alot of clicks to get the product out, But worth it. Definitely worth it. I put a little under my eye and then dab with my fingers. One tube lasts about 2 months.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by medin1234

I have this in S201 on to my 2nd tube.I think it would last 1.5-2 months if used every day. I love the packaging and the brush. The metal look is really classy. Not good for under the eyes because it shows up with my NARS Glow but it is pretty good in the T-zone once it is rubbed in a bit. It cover the redness I have and any temporary scars I have from picking my face. However the colour can be a bit to white sometimes depending on how much redness I have. Still an awesome product though, because even though it is a bit light on my skin once it is rubbed in and the makeup is applied over the top you cannot see it. I will repurchase this forever or until I stop picking my face ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by primflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a difficult review to write. The product itself is by far the best concealer that I've ever used. However, the delivery system is totally useless. I have had this for exactly one week and already I'm unable to get any more product out of the pen. I took it away on a trip with me last week and it drove me crazy trying to get the concealer out. It was taking at least 15 clicks for any product to appear in the brush, and then a huge globule of it came out and was wasted. I followed the instructions on the EF website and watched the video when I first got this, so I'm doing it right. This product is far too expensive to have so many problems with, and as someone pointed out in another review, the brush technology has been around for years, so I just don't understand what the problem is here. I realise my review says little about the concealer itself - however I believe that packaging and product delivery totally detract from the quality of the concealer. I had been ready to buy another concealer in a lighter shade, plus the Skin Veil, but I'm not prepared to spend any more money on this line until the packaging is improved. I believe the Skin Veil is available in a bottle, larger size than the pen and of course a higher price.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No