September 20, 2014 | 1641 users online

Sunscreen - Kiehl's - Super Fluid UV Defense Spf 50+

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sunshine702

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I live in Las Vegas where it can be 121 in August and I have a fair complexion. I love this product!

Finally I found a product that does not sting around my eyes and is thin and matte enough to wear under makeup. It goes on wet and dries quickly without the annoying white smears of most sunscreens. My face can breathe.

During the summer I put it on everyday on my face, neck, hands and hair part (I've burned that before and it hurts!)

I've used it during a sporting event where I was in the sun all day. It worked without reapplying. My boyfriend is even fairer than I am and he loves it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Excellent sunscreen! offer great protection without being greasy. Very light texture that leaves a matte/satin finish with no white cast at all. Stings a little bit when i apply but after 5 mins it's ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by CharleneCasey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best sunscreen I have ever used!! HG for sure. I'm allergic to the sun so believe me, I have tried my share of sunscreens.

I use this daily on my entire body and on my face under my makeup. It goes on very light and milky, and you only need a few drops. There is barely a scent to it. It doesn't burn my eyes at all. Gliding over my sensitive skin, it feels like lotion, rather than sunscreen. On top of having a great application, it offers amazing protection. I buy it at the Kiehl's store where there will a.) give you a small sample if you ask and b.) give you 15% off for buying in their store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Me: NC30ish AAB

Formula, wear, consistency: Thin, runny formula similar to many of the popular Asian "milk" type sunscreens. This must be shaken well prior to use. It spreads easily and evenly over the skin and feels a little greasy at first but sinks in quickly and dries to a matte finish with no white cast. I apply this in the morning to bare skin, wait a minute for it to sink in, then blot (never rub--this will remove the s/s!) the grease away gently with a tissue. Afterward I can follow up with whatever concealer or powder I am wearing that day. I do not typically use liquid foundations so I can't comment on how this works with those.

Packaging: A sturdy, white plastic bottle with a screw-on cap and a dropper top that is perfect for dispensing little drops of sunscreen. I tend to tilt my head back squeeze the bottle very gently to deposit little drops straight out of the dropper and onto my chin, cheeks, forehead, and nose. Then I rub the ss in with my fingers. Quick and easy. The bottle is very sturdy and leakproof--I throw it into my purse all the time and have traveled with it and it has never once leaked on me!

Pricing and Availability: Rather expensive at $36 for 1.7oz (50mL). A little goes a long way, though, and this can be had for less than retail price on eBay. That's where I got mine. I've had this for about a year and while I don't use it NEARLY as often as I should (even though I live in Seattle), the bottle is still about half full. A worthy investment if you ask me, and now that I've seen how long it lasts I don't think I'd mind plopping down the cash for a new bottle.

Bottom line: A solid facial sunscreen. Did not turn me into an oil slick (my face is already so oily you could grease a pan with it) and did not break me out, either! I even took this to Mexico with me and used it on my face the whole time--not a single iota of sunburn. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I live in gray dark Seattle. Skin care aficionados tell me that doesn't matter, but I have never been one for daily sunscreen - I've tried dozens and they all make me breakout or leave me super greasy and burn like s***. This stuff is the best by far that I have ever tried, including all the weird and hard to find European and Asian stuff people on the boards recommend.
I second everything the oily and very oily people have said so far, and will add that Kiehls is great about samples, especially at Nordstrom or the stand alone shops if you are lucky enough to live near one. If you don't, but you order cosmetics online, call Nordstrom, talk to a real person, place your order and ask for some samples of this. I never would have tried it if my local Kiehls store had not thrown three tiny tubes of this in my bag one day after I mentioned to the SA that I was headed down to FL to visit some family. That was enough vof the week I was there. I'm very fair naturally (and have no sun tolerance...Seattle) and never burned once.
If I continue to not break out from this, I will continue to buy it. If you buy it, get the larger size - it's so much cheaper per oz. (about $14 vs. $21) and Kiehls has a wonderful return policy plus they never try to make you feel like a moron when something doesn't work for you. Looking at you, Seattle Barney's.

Bumping this down, as it began to cause irritation and a few clogged pores. I would still recommend this to most people, but I won't continue to use it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'd give this a 3.5. It's definitely a lot better than your standard sunscreen, but it leaves a slight shine. On lighter skin, a slight shine might look "dewy" or "glowy," but on darker skin it just looks greasy. I'd use this on my arms. So far, Biore Perfect Milk is the best I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. My whole family loves this stuff. My husband, who has always hated greasy stuff on his face and wouldn't wear sunscreen til he had to see a dermatologist to have a few precancerous lesions burned off his face, finally conceded and started wearing a very heavy La Roche Posay sunscreen every day even though it was greasy and thick. But he was good in that he was listening to his dermatologist. Well, he was thrilled when I came home with this sunscreen from Kiehls because he likes the feel of it so much better for daily wear (riding his bike to and from work in summer, walking to and from work on milder days in winter). My kids also like this far more than heavier, greasier sunscreens and I really like it too for the very same reasons. This will be a staple in this household. It may be pricier than a lot of perfectly find sunscreens available but the combination of a high level of protection with a lightweight, non-greasy feel makes Super Fluid worth it for us.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by leenn32

One of my favourite all time products, very light and does not break me ou, love the texture and how well is blends into my skin. The only drawback is the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Perrywynkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the kiehls brand so when I read the positive reviews I gave this product a try. The spf level and light consistency are great. However, the product stung slightly upon application. During the day I rubbed my eye and must have gotten a bit of lotion in it. More stinging. By the end of the second day I had inflamed red areas on my face. Sadly, this did not agree with me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by equinery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first thing I have ever bought that I can truly say is an HG product.
This sunscreen has an amazing SPF, and goes on my skin like silk. Soaks into my skin and completely disappears and I can put makeup on top no problem.
I have tried soooo many sunscreens and nothing has ever come anywhere near the amazingness of this product.
winning.