July 29, 2014 | 1200 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by demographictarget

HG lip balm at last!!! I'm very picky about lip balms and would consider myself a lip balm authority since I've been using the stuff for 20 years. I've tried all the major drugstore brands: Chapstick, Nivea, Blistex, Lip Smackers, Burt's Bees, Body Shop, Carmex, Maybelline, VMV, Neutrogena, Rosebud Salve, Fresh Lip Sugar, et cetera. I thought it was about time I switched to a petroleum and paraben-free lip balm, given all the hype about hydrocarbons in makeup. This one meets ALL my criteria: no sweet flavor (makes me lick my lips a lot = dryness), effective moisturization, no menthol or peppermint flavor (scientifically proven to be drying and tastes like toothpaste), color-free and not overly emollient (makes my matte lipsticks fail). I would hope they develop a variant with SPF though. Good thing I work the night shift.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Based on my renewed interest in Burt's Bees after trying the Ultra Conditioning balm (twist stick version), I decided to try some of Burt's fruity flavors. That was "my bad," so to speak. I immediately opened the package and applied a layer of balm in the car. I loved the smell of the acai berry - from afar. When I put it on, I realized that the balm had a taste and smell similar to paraffin wax, partially disguised with tropical fruit. This seemed odd to me, because other BB balms I've tried didn't have such a waxy taste (though they did have a waxy feel). I could have excused the taste/smell if this had been an effective balm, but that is where I should have known better. BB balms have never been particularly moisturizing on my lips, and this turned out to be the least moisturizing of them all. It didn't even begin to penetrate or soften the dry outer layer of my lips....it just sat there, even more so than pure Vaseline (which moisturizes/softens as it sits there!). It was uncomfortable because when I tried to eat or drink, I had dry-feeling lips covered in a greasy, waxy-smelling mess. If this hadn't cost me $3, I probably would have thrown it away by the time I got to my next parking lot :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lucidx

I picked this up at my local Target. This little guy comes in the traditional Burt's Bees packaging - twist up, golden yellow packaging, clear balm. My first impression: grape soda. It's got a pretty strong berry flavor, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're not a fan of berry scents in general. It's not like the original beeswax balm - it's not at all waxy; in fact, it's rather slick, more smooth. It doesn't feel very heavy on your lips, but I wouldn't call it light either, as it definitely isn't. You can feel it on your lips, but it's not overpowering, if that makes any sense. It's somewhat shiny on my lips, but not greasy, super shiny, or gloopy like many lip products I've tried are. It's a good daytime balm, but I've found that this works best for me as a nighttime balm. I simply swipe on a couple of layers of this, then massage the product into my lips using circular motions. The next morning, I buff my lips gently with a face washcloth, moisturize with whatever lip balm or chapstick I've got lying around, and voila! Soft, slightly glossy, kissable lips!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

It lasts for AGES. It's scarily never ending. The only positive thing I can say about it.

It's waxy, smells and tastes weird, doesn't moisturise, and makes my lips flaky and uneven. There is no colour payoff like the pomegranate one.

Dislike, don't understand the hype, think its expensive, and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I normally rotate through the Burt's Bees Mango, Acai & Pomegranate. All 3 give my lips ample moisture and protect them from getting chapped or wind burnt. I love the thicker consistency of these balms because they seem to last longer than average, yet aren't sticky in the least. I use one every single night after brushing my teeth (before bed) and rarely find the need for daytime use. They don't make your lips look glossy or shiny so the guys can use them too. I'm just not a fan of peppermint so I don't use the original Burt's Bees. Thankfully these 3 have no minty smell/taste, they are fragranced after the corresponding fruits.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by caroline7502

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my least favorite Burts lip balm. Initially it feels nice, lots of slip. Gives my lips a nice feel and appearance for a bit. But within 30 minutes or so after application, my lips feel dry again. Also, when I used this exclusively, my lips got significantly drier overall.

Another good thing about this balm is that it smells good. I won't repurchase, but will finish my tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by unicornlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very good product to put on when overnight. it keeps lips moisturized well. It smells pretty nice, is very thin and nonsticky.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I used to prefer this balm because it smells nice. but it gets this awful grainy texture that I hate, and it is one of the more oily of their balms, which means it slides right off.

I think the original mint balm and the pomegranate balm moisturize & protect way better, and neither of those get the annoying lumpy texture.

I'm giving this product a 3 because I've tried lip balms that are way worse than this. I just think other burt's bees products are better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm more of a flavored lip balm kind of person, so when I saw it had the acai berry, I thought it might have a berry flavor-- It doesn't. It smells like acai berry, just minus the flavor. It's texture is a little on the grainy side and I prefer more of a waxy feel. It does moisturizer the lips well though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by mavendark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I switched to Burt's Bees after someone told me that the original Chapstick brand had some addictive ingredients in it. It is safe to say that now, I am no longer addicted to chapstick and I only use it when necessary. Like other reviewers here, I did not notice any Rejuvenating effects from this chapstick, it seemed like a normal chapstick to me. I usually put it on at night so that it helps heal my lips without it fading so quickly (I end up licking most of it off during the day). It has a great flavor/smell, it's a very sweet bubble-gum-ish smell.

**EDIT: I originally gave this product a 4/5 overall rating but I'm going to change this. Recently I started using the Eos lip balms and I realize that those work SO much better than the Burt's Bees ones. I realize that the Burt's Bees lip balms are really "oily" and slides right off my lips after a while. It just felt like I was slathering oil all over my lips. However, the Eos lip balm does not feel that way. It also gives a better effect, and fully moisturizers and softens my lips after keeping it on at night. I believe that I will, from now on, switch permanently to using Eos.**