December 18, 2014 | 1755 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Burt's Bees lip balm, and it's the only brand I use. However, I feel like they haven't been the same since being owned by Clorox. I used to love the honey lip balm, but now it has a strong, baby power scent. I can't stand it, so I tried this rejuvenating lip balm. I also hate the smell of it - it reminds me of some fake fruity scent of a little girl's Lip Smacker lip balm. Yuck. I also get a pretty strong waxy smell. Like all Burt's Bees lip balm, it goes on smoothly and moisturizes. However, I wouldn't buy this again because of the strong, childish fruity smell. I emptied this out and used the tube to make my own lip balm. I don't know why they feel the need to add fragrance; it would be much better without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is in my top three out of all the Burt's Bess Lip Balms that I've used. I love how smooth it is when applied, it's not waxy or heavy. It keeps my lips feeling replenished and supple. I LOVE the smell/taste of this, it's my absolute favorite. One con would be that I'm constantly tempted to lick my lips when I'm wearing this because I'm addicted to the scent. The price isn't bad at all considering that it's effective and all natural, I'm really looking forward to trying out more of these.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by electra_cd

I was loyal to these lip balms for a few years now (got the acai and the mango). Loved the flavor, loved the texture. BUT it turns out, they were causing milia (big white bumps) just outside my lips and on my chin. I had these bumps for a while and started getting facials to fix them. My facialist had me toss out my tinted moisturizer, my face wash, everything and I still had the bumps. Then she finally asked "Is there anything else you use on your face?" and I said "I guess the Burt's Bees lip balms." So she asked me to toss them out too. Well, that did the trick. After only a week or two, all my bumps went away. Maybe the wax/oil in this product doesn't agree with me, or I'm allergic to an ingredient. Too bad, because I did enjoy these lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by demographictarget

HG lip balm at last!!! I'm very picky about lip balms and would consider myself a lip balm authority since I've been using the stuff for 20 years. I've tried all the major drugstore brands: Chapstick, Nivea, Blistex, Lip Smackers, Burt's Bees, Body Shop, Carmex, Maybelline, VMV, Neutrogena, Rosebud Salve, Fresh Lip Sugar, et cetera. I thought it was about time I switched to a petroleum and paraben-free lip balm, given all the hype about hydrocarbons in makeup. This one meets ALL my criteria: no sweet flavor (makes me lick my lips a lot = dryness), effective moisturization, no menthol or peppermint flavor (scientifically proven to be drying and tastes like toothpaste), color-free and not overly emollient (makes my matte lipsticks fail). I would hope they develop a variant with SPF though. Good thing I work the night shift.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Based on my renewed interest in Burt's Bees after trying the Ultra Conditioning balm (twist stick version), I decided to try some of Burt's fruity flavors. That was "my bad," so to speak. I immediately opened the package and applied a layer of balm in the car. I loved the smell of the acai berry - from afar. When I put it on, I realized that the balm had a taste and smell similar to paraffin wax, partially disguised with tropical fruit. This seemed odd to me, because other BB balms I've tried didn't have such a waxy taste (though they did have a waxy feel). I could have excused the taste/smell if this had been an effective balm, but that is where I should have known better. BB balms have never been particularly moisturizing on my lips, and this turned out to be the least moisturizing of them all. It didn't even begin to penetrate or soften the dry outer layer of my lips....it just sat there, even more so than pure Vaseline (which moisturizes/softens as it sits there!). It was uncomfortable because when I tried to eat or drink, I had dry-feeling lips covered in a greasy, waxy-smelling mess. If this hadn't cost me $3, I probably would have thrown it away by the time I got to my next parking lot :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lucidx

I picked this up at my local Target. This little guy comes in the traditional Burt's Bees packaging - twist up, golden yellow packaging, clear balm. My first impression: grape soda. It's got a pretty strong berry flavor, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're not a fan of berry scents in general. It's not like the original beeswax balm - it's not at all waxy; in fact, it's rather slick, more smooth. It doesn't feel very heavy on your lips, but I wouldn't call it light either, as it definitely isn't. You can feel it on your lips, but it's not overpowering, if that makes any sense. It's somewhat shiny on my lips, but not greasy, super shiny, or gloopy like many lip products I've tried are. It's a good daytime balm, but I've found that this works best for me as a nighttime balm. I simply swipe on a couple of layers of this, then massage the product into my lips using circular motions. The next morning, I buff my lips gently with a face washcloth, moisturize with whatever lip balm or chapstick I've got lying around, and voila! Soft, slightly glossy, kissable lips!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

It lasts for AGES. It's scarily never ending. The only positive thing I can say about it.

It's waxy, smells and tastes weird, doesn't moisturise, and makes my lips flaky and uneven. There is no colour payoff like the pomegranate one.

Dislike, don't understand the hype, think its expensive, and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I normally rotate through the Burt's Bees Mango, Acai & Pomegranate. All 3 give my lips ample moisture and protect them from getting chapped or wind burnt. I love the thicker consistency of these balms because they seem to last longer than average, yet aren't sticky in the least. I use one every single night after brushing my teeth (before bed) and rarely find the need for daytime use. They don't make your lips look glossy or shiny so the guys can use them too. I'm just not a fan of peppermint so I don't use the original Burt's Bees. Thankfully these 3 have no minty smell/taste, they are fragranced after the corresponding fruits.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by caroline7502

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my least favorite Burts lip balm. Initially it feels nice, lots of slip. Gives my lips a nice feel and appearance for a bit. But within 30 minutes or so after application, my lips feel dry again. Also, when I used this exclusively, my lips got significantly drier overall.

Another good thing about this balm is that it smells good. I won't repurchase, but will finish my tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by unicornlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very good product to put on when overnight. it keeps lips moisturized well. It smells pretty nice, is very thin and nonsticky.