Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, beeswax, aroma (flavor)*, castor seed oil, lanolin, euterpe oleracea fruit oil**, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, soybean oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene, linalool *natural flavor **acai berry

on 3/19/2014 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Feels waxy, oily, and moisturizing. Have to reapply often. Tastes like fruity wax. Locks moisture in but does not add moisture. Would not buy again.

on 12/30/2013 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely lip balm that I use religiously! Here's why:

PROS:

- VERY smoothing and moisturizing but no thick goopy texture
- Pleasant taste ~ subtle berry
- Great ingredients

CONS:
- It's kinda expensive, but I don't mind because I love the ingredients

In summary, I recommend this lip balm to anyone! You will NOT be disappointed. :)

on 12/8/2013 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hello, my name is, msh9899, & I am a lip-balm addict! I am one of those people that absolutely needs a lip-balm on me at all times. Having said that, I feel very qualified to review lip balms.

I really like Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm w/ Acai Berry. BTW, Acia is pronounced "ah-sigh-EE". I have other flavors/formulas of Burt's balms and don't love them all but this one is excellent. It provides lasting moisture w// a slight sheen and it has a light, fresh sort-of-berry/fruity scent that is not your run-of-the-mill, overly used, strawberry or cherry scent. It is one of the few lip balms that I have that effectively provides moisture and protection during the colder, dryer seasons of the year. I don't detect any color in it. Feels light on the lips and provides long-lasting moisture. It contains many natural, moisturizing oils, lanolin and most importantly for me, it does not contain menthol.

Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, euterpe oleracea fruit oil** (**Acai berry), ammonium glycyrrhizinaterosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), anise alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, farnesol, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Keep in mind that Burt's Bees offer a wide variety of lip balms and the formulations can widely differ. Not all of their lip balms are as wonderful as the Rejuvenating w/ Acai Berry. I actually really dislike a few of Burt's Bees other lip balms, but this one is a winner.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the Açaí berry scent! It's very light and not overly sweet.
I can't stand the mango version. To me it smells just like over-ripe bananas, not very pleasant!

on 4/4/2013 10:09:00 AM

I love Burt's Bees lip balm, and it's the only brand I use. However, I feel like they haven't been the same since being owned by Clorox. I used to love the honey lip balm, but now it has a strong, baby power scent. I can't stand it, so I tried this rejuvenating lip balm. I also hate the smell of it - it reminds me of some fake fruity scent of a little girl's Lip Smacker lip balm. Yuck. I also get a pretty strong waxy smell. Like all Burt's Bees lip balm, it goes on smoothly and moisturizes. However, I wouldn't buy this again because of the strong, childish fruity smell. I emptied this out and used the tube to make my own lip balm. I don't know why they feel the need to add fragrance; it would be much better without it.

on 3/29/2013 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is in my top three out of all the Burt's Bess Lip Balms that I've used. I love how smooth it is when applied, it's not waxy or heavy. It keeps my lips feeling replenished and supple. I LOVE the smell/taste of this, it's my absolute favorite. One con would be that I'm constantly tempted to lick my lips when I'm wearing this because I'm addicted to the scent. The price isn't bad at all considering that it's effective and all natural, I'm really looking forward to trying out more of these.

on 3/23/2013 7:14:00 PM

I was loyal to these lip balms for a few years now (got the acai and the mango). Loved the flavor, loved the texture. BUT it turns out, they were causing milia (big white bumps) just outside my lips and on my chin. I had these bumps for a while and started getting facials to fix them. My facialist had me toss out my tinted moisturizer, my face wash, everything and I still had the bumps. Then she finally asked "Is there anything else you use on your face?" and I said "I guess the Burt's Bees lip balms." So she asked me to toss them out too. Well, that did the trick. After only a week or two, all my bumps went away. Maybe the wax/oil in this product doesn't agree with me, or I'm allergic to an ingredient. Too bad, because I did enjoy these lip balms.

HG lip balm at last!!! I'm very picky about lip balms and would consider myself a lip balm authority since I've been using the stuff for 20 years. I've tried all the major drugstore brands: Chapstick, Nivea, Blistex, Lip Smackers, Burt's Bees, Body Shop, Carmex, Maybelline, VMV, Neutrogena, Rosebud Salve, Fresh Lip Sugar, et cetera. I thought it was about time I switched to a petroleum and paraben-free lip balm, given all the hype about hydrocarbons in makeup. This one meets ALL my criteria: no sweet flavor (makes me lick my lips a lot = dryness), effective moisturization, no menthol or peppermint flavor (scientifically proven to be drying and tastes like toothpaste), color-free and not overly emollient (makes my matte lipsticks fail). I would hope they develop a variant with SPF though. Good thing I work the night shift.

on 3/18/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Based on my renewed interest in Burt's Bees after trying the Ultra Conditioning balm (twist stick version), I decided to try some of Burt's fruity flavors. That was "my bad," so to speak. I immediately opened the package and applied a layer of balm in the car. I loved the smell of the acai berry - from afar. When I put it on, I realized that the balm had a taste and smell similar to paraffin wax, partially disguised with tropical fruit. This seemed odd to me, because other BB balms I've tried didn't have such a waxy taste (though they did have a waxy feel). I could have excused the taste/smell if this had been an effective balm, but that is where I should have known better. BB balms have never been particularly moisturizing on my lips, and this turned out to be the least moisturizing of them all. It didn't even begin to penetrate or soften the dry outer layer of my lips....it just sat there, even more so than pure Vaseline (which moisturizes/softens as it sits there!). It was uncomfortable because when I tried to eat or drink, I had dry-feeling lips covered in a greasy, waxy-smelling mess. If this hadn't cost me $3, I probably would have thrown it away by the time I got to my next parking lot :(

on 3/16/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I picked this up at my local Target. This little guy comes in the traditional Burt's Bees packaging - twist up, golden yellow packaging, clear balm. My first impression: grape soda. It's got a pretty strong berry flavor, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're not a fan of berry scents in general. It's not like the original beeswax balm - it's not at all waxy; in fact, it's rather slick, more smooth. It doesn't feel very heavy on your lips, but I wouldn't call it light either, as it definitely isn't. You can feel it on your lips, but it's not overpowering, if that makes any sense. It's somewhat shiny on my lips, but not greasy, super shiny, or gloopy like many lip products I've tried are. It's a good daytime balm, but I've found that this works best for me as a nighttime balm. I simply swipe on a couple of layers of this, then massage the product into my lips using circular motions. The next morning, I buff my lips gently with a face washcloth, moisturize with whatever lip balm or chapstick I've got lying around, and voila! Soft, slightly glossy, kissable lips!

Popular Lip Treatments