CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.5

Active: Homosalate (12%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octocrylene (2%), Zinc Oxide (3.5%), Other: Purified Water, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate and Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Cholesterol, Hyaluronic Acid, Phytosphingosine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

I LOVE THIS!! The spf is high, the pump keeps the product sanitary, and it lightly moisturizes my combination, sensitive skin without breakouts. I mix one pump with a little mineral powder and put this on first thing in the morning. I top it off with a little more mineral powder, and look flawless.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to like this. Really, I did. But, being acne prone, I broke out SO BAD from using this. It contains some titanium dioxide, which can be really bad for acne.

It worked for the first day, but then it just went downhill from there.

I wish this had worked for me, it's cheap, readily available and CeraVe uses great ingredients. Unfortunately, like every sunscreen, this broke me out. It has a greasier finish than other CeraVe products, but not enough to keep me from using it if I could have. I love the CeraVe cream, lotion and PM and have had no problems with them but I'm still looking for sunscreen my skin will tolerate.

This product clogged what seemed like every single pore on my entire face. It started with my forehead and moved downward on my face. I kept using it for a few days but it only got worse, and it has been 2 weeks and my face is still recovering. I bought this in tandem with the PM lotion and got such terrible results! My skin is generally clear, I get a pimple every once in a while like everyone else, but this induced giant patches of skin covered in acne. I didn't even want to leave the house.

This would get 5 stars, but the packaging is dire. I have been wanting an a.m. cream with a nice knock of SPF for a while--I have Scottish skin and need more than 20 SPF. So I read about CeraVe day cream yesterday and it had a very good review due to the quality contents. I ran out to Harmon's and bought some. The pump didn't function. Ran back to Harmon's (I work a block from there), and tried using the pump on another bottle before I exchanged. That didn't work. Then I systematically pulled down each bottle at Harmon's, gave each pump about 50 pushes; not one functioned at all. Not. One. So if you buy a bottle from Harmon's on 24th and 6th in Manhattan, I can tell you now she no work. . .

I bought it nonetheless. I needed the moisturizer. And I used it for the first time this morning; excellent texture, sank in nicely, and my dry skin feels good without being sticky. I didn't notice any spf smell and feel I can get on board with this moisturizer. I like the density of it, because it feels lush around my eyes. But CeraVe need to work on their packaging, big time. I would switch back to Kiehl's but theirs is only SPF 20.

Obsessed! Finally, a facial sunscreen that doesn't break me out or turn my face into a big greasy mess by noon! Also a great value for the somewhat high (for drugstore) price. I use 3 pumps every morning and still have 2/3 of the bottle left after 2 months.

I have been using the Cerave PM for over a year now, but only recently began using the AM version. I really can't say enough good things about these products. I have combination oily skin and the Cerave AM provides even, non-greasy moisture and SPF protection to my skin. Although I am in my mid thirties, I still have occasional break-outs but since using this product my skin is actually glowing and clear! This is a definite HG item for me. I can't believe I waited to long to try it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I said that I would buy it again, because actually I would. I love Cerave products and have the body moisturizer and the PM face moisturizer and love them. I seem to have redness and eczema that are not irritated by Cerave products at all. The same is true for this, the AM Cerave. I've had NO irritation or breakouts from it. I have, however, had some annoyances from it.

The first annoyance is minor. The bottle I have is not like the one shown in the picture at the top of this page. It does not have a pump - it's just a squeeze bottle with a press-up cap and hole for the product to come out. I have to shake and shake and squee-eee-eze to get any product to come out, and that happened even when I first bought the bottle and it should have been full.

The second annoyance is worse for me. During the so-called winter we have in my area, it would probably be fine. But in the hot, humid, at least 6-month-long summer we have, my skin just feels suffocated by this thick formula. I want to reiterate that I have had no breakouts or bumps or rashes. What happens is that I put it on my face and immediately my skin feels smothered and starts to sweat buckets. TMI, I know, but it takes me several minutes of blotting and sitting directly in front of a fan to get my face to dry! I do have this to some extent with other sunscreens I've tried, but this takes the cake since it is so thick. Most people will probably not have this unique problem, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Like I said, I would repurchase because it seems mild to my skin otherwise, does not irritate it, and does its job of protecting my skin from the sun. It just might need to be a winter-only product for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a review for the new formula which is now broad spectrum. My new HG morning moisturizer with SPF. I was previously using the Eucerin Daily Protection, but I think I like this more. I love all CeraVe products but I was nervous to try this since I had tried their SPF 50 sunscreen in the past and hated it. This is great. I have combination, acne-prone skin and this glides over my skin beautifully. It does not feel heavy or greasy AT ALL. It provides a nice amount of moisture to my skin and does not leave a white cast. It didn't burn or irritate my sensitive skin. This contains a decent amount of zinc oxide (6.3%) and contains a blend of physical/chemical sunscreens that offer good protection from UVA/UVB rays. Overall, I am EXTREMELY impressed with this moisturizer and would recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This moisturizer is the one thing I have EVER found that keeps me from getting irritated little clogged bumps on my forehead and cheeks. I don't know if it's the niacinamide (topical antioxidant) or something else in the formulation, but this helps scabs heal fast and keeps my face MAGICALLY clear, provided I'm on track with a healthy diet and keeping hair products off my face, etc. I keep being stupid and trying other things, but I always come back to this and it always clears me up within a week. I usually use it at night, but sometimes in the morning as well.

This plus fermented cod liver oil = gorgeous skin. When will I ever learn to stop experimenting?

I don't find it greasy. It soaks in nicely and doesn't leave a whitish cast (but I'm very fair, so take that with a grain of salt). It has no smell. It doesn't sting the eyes if you accidentally get some in there. The pump packaging keeps the product clean, locks so you can't spill it, and the bottle is small enough to go in an airplane carry-on. It lasts several months per bottle, even with daily use, and because of the sunblock in it, I can use it in a pinch to protect my tattoos if I'm out in the sun. And it's easily available everywhere - I can pick it up at any drugstore or Target if I run out.

Yes, it has parabens. No, I don't like that. But I have never had anything else work so well, so I deal with it. Can't win 'em all. This is a simple basic product in simple plain packaging, but I'm not in it for what it looks like; I'm obsessed with what it does.