September 20, 2014 | 1890 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish this had worked for me, it's cheap, readily available and CeraVe uses great ingredients. Unfortunately, like every sunscreen, this broke me out. It has a greasier finish than other CeraVe products, but not enough to keep me from using it if I could have. I love the CeraVe cream, lotion and PM and have had no problems with them but I'm still looking for sunscreen my skin will tolerate.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by kristanley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product clogged what seemed like every single pore on my entire face. It started with my forehead and moved downward on my face. I kept using it for a few days but it only got worse, and it has been 2 weeks and my face is still recovering. I bought this in tandem with the PM lotion and got such terrible results! My skin is generally clear, I get a pimple every once in a while like everyone else, but this induced giant patches of skin covered in acne. I didn't even want to leave the house.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by LeiMar86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Obsessed! Finally, a facial sunscreen that doesn't break me out or turn my face into a big greasy mess by noon! Also a great value for the somewhat high (for drugstore) price. I use 3 pumps every morning and still have 2/3 of the bottle left after 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Lyn8

I have been using the Cerave PM for over a year now, but only recently began using the AM version. I really can't say enough good things about these products. I have combination oily skin and the Cerave AM provides even, non-greasy moisture and SPF protection to my skin. Although I am in my mid thirties, I still have occasional break-outs but since using this product my skin is actually glowing and clear! This is a definite HG item for me. I can't believe I waited to long to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by BluePlastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I said that I would buy it again, because actually I would. I love Cerave products and have the body moisturizer and the PM face moisturizer and love them. I seem to have redness and eczema that are not irritated by Cerave products at all. The same is true for this, the AM Cerave. I've had NO irritation or breakouts from it. I have, however, had some annoyances from it.

The first annoyance is minor. The bottle I have is not like the one shown in the picture at the top of this page. It does not have a pump - it's just a squeeze bottle with a press-up cap and hole for the product to come out. I have to shake and shake and squee-eee-eze to get any product to come out, and that happened even when I first bought the bottle and it should have been full.

The second annoyance is worse for me. During the so-called winter we have in my area, it would probably be fine. But in the hot, humid, at least 6-month-long summer we have, my skin just feels suffocated by this thick formula. I want to reiterate that I have had no breakouts or bumps or rashes. What happens is that I put it on my face and immediately my skin feels smothered and starts to sweat buckets. TMI, I know, but it takes me several minutes of blotting and sitting directly in front of a fan to get my face to dry! I do have this to some extent with other sunscreens I've tried, but this takes the cake since it is so thick. Most people will probably not have this unique problem, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Like I said, I would repurchase because it seems mild to my skin otherwise, does not irritate it, and does its job of protecting my skin from the sun. It just might need to be a winter-only product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ccj36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

CeraVe SPF 30 Facial Moisturizing Lotion has become a part of my daily routine. I use it every morning on my face and neck, and a bottle lasts me a couple of months. I have normal skin that tends to be slightly dry in the winter, and I am able to use this year-round. (To be fair, I use this with CeraVe Moisturizing Cream to prevent my face from getting chapped when running on cold, windy days.) I've strayed from it to try new things, but I always return to this lotion. The sunscreen is effective, and the lotion has an elegant texture, providing enough moisture for my over-40 skin without being greasy or causing blemishes. My makeup (whether I use mineral, cream, or liquid foundation) applies smoothly over it, and I feel that my skin is protected. It does have a slight "sunscreen smell" that fades quickly, but it is not bothersome. My only complaint is that the pump applicator doesn't work when you get to the bottom of the bottle, causing you to have to unscrew the top to get the last bit of product out. However, this is a minor annoyance, and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lotion after I used up all of my Eucerin SPF 30 lotion. I have combination skin, which usually gets oilier in the warmer months, and occasional acne. Since using this product, my skin has turned dry and flaky, and broken out more than I've seen in years. I did like that it's a thick product which absorbs quickly, has a locking pump bottle, doesn't have a scent that I noticed. It just doesn't agree with my skin! I won't be buying this product again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

(Updated June 21 2012)

I've been using this for over 2 months now so now I can completely review it.

PROS: Good ingredients (niacinamide, ceramides cholesterol, hyaluronic acid, Phytosphingosine), Multivesicular Emulsion time based deliver, sunscreen, no fragrance. Amazing price, nice pump that doesn't waste product or get clogged easily. Very moisturizing. I actually find it doesn't burn at all (CeraVe cream burned a ton, I hate it). No sunscreen smell.

CON: The finish just SUCKS. I use 2 pumps and it's flat out oily/sweaty looking and I can really feel it. Sure, I could wait for it to absorb, but it takes like 20-30 minutes or doesn't absorb at all! I don't have that much time in the morning to JUST wait for absorption. I put a tissue on my face and it just sticks there without me holding it. You would think that having a smooth, moisturized base would help makeup application though but I found it does just the opposite. It's so oily that stuff never dries, but the real sin is that it promotes oxidization! Whenever I TRY to wear foundation with AM, I must make sure my face is not heavy feeling at all when I begin otherwise it ranges from a little change to a ton. I have dry skin and only driest parts of my skin soak it up. Also got a bunch of tiny zits when I first started using it too, though I think it was a coincidence. And the sunscreen is really not that high, there was a big post on the skincare board.

OVERALL: Nothing else has ingredients like this, a pump, and 3 ounces for the price. And it's a good thing cause the heaviness would have killed it otherwise. UPDATE: It still (somewhat) does! Of course every lighting is different, but in light that favors shine, it REQUIRES a powder (unless you like to hightlight your flaws and look like you just did cardio). And when you factor in the powder, now the price isn't so low. It's either that or be really careful how much you use. And how many people do you know that LIKE skimping on moisturizer!? Also by using less you are getting less sun protection. Best for casual use use, the driest of skin, and/or those who are careful how much they use. I don't really really recommend using it with makeup either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a spf 30 moisturizer for the summertime since I normally wear spf 15. I tried a couple others that didn't quite work for me but then I heard about this one and it's much cheaper than alot of the others I looked at so that was a winner. You get 3 oz. for around 14 bucks and most of the other brands are 1.7 oz for the same price or more. I love this and it works great on my slightly dry skin. It's not sticky or greasy so I could see this working on oily skin too. I put one pump on my face and then another on my neck/chest area. It does soak it quickly so you have to work fast rubbing it in but that's a deal-breaker in the least. I love this and will definitely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 6:43:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Prior to using this product, I had been using Olay Complete SPF 30 Daily Moisturizer. This product had worked just fine for me, but now that I am in my 40s, my skin is definitely drier and Olay just wasn't cutting it anymore. I absolutely love the Cerave AM. It works very well under makeup and it leaves my skin feeling very soft and hydrated. I find myself touching my face because it feels so soft! My skintone is also more even since I started using this product..perhaps it's the Niacinamide. I really like the fact that this lotion has an SPF of 30 and it's so lightweight, which makes it easy to apply and wear under makeup. I just bought my second bottle and I picked up Cerave PM, too.