December 20, 2014 | 1350 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish this had worked for me, it's cheap, readily available and CeraVe uses great ingredients. Unfortunately, like every sunscreen, this broke me out. It has a greasier finish than other CeraVe products, but not enough to keep me from using it if I could have. I love the CeraVe cream, lotion and PM and have had no problems with them but I'm still looking for sunscreen my skin will tolerate.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wear moisturizer with SPF every day on my fair skin, but I've hated a lot of the products out there because they feel like sunscreen (Olay Total Effects SPF 15... I am talking to you!). They either burn, smell like sunblock, or look/feel greasy and heavy. So I used to LOVE this moisturizer. It doesn't feel disgusting going on even though it has a high SPF. It left my face matte, smooth, and non-greasy. Plus it didn't have an overwhelming sunscreen scent.

HOWEVER -- for those of you sunscreen divas (like me) out there, THIS PRODUCT IS NOT BROAD SPECTRUM. I just called the company to confirm and they said that it does not meet FDA standards for broad spectrum sunscreens, and they have no plans as of now to reformulate the product. That kind of shocks me because Cerave is supposed to make "dermatologist approved" products and it seems ridiculous to me that they are selling a moisturizer with SPF that doesn't totally protect the skin. That's kind of crappy to me.

THEREFORE, as much as I love this moisturizer I will not be repurchasing it. What is the point of wearing a moisturizer with SPF if it doesn't block out all of the sun's dangerous UVA and UVB rays? There are plenty of other products that will. Another great one is the Eucerin Daily SPF 30... it is slightly sticky and smells like sunscreen and leaves a whitish cast but it IS broad spectrum.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by kristanley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product clogged what seemed like every single pore on my entire face. It started with my forehead and moved downward on my face. I kept using it for a few days but it only got worse, and it has been 2 weeks and my face is still recovering. I bought this in tandem with the PM lotion and got such terrible results! My skin is generally clear, I get a pimple every once in a while like everyone else, but this induced giant patches of skin covered in acne. I didn't even want to leave the house.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Dlou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This would get 5 stars, but the packaging is dire. I have been wanting an a.m. cream with a nice knock of SPF for a while--I have Scottish skin and need more than 20 SPF. So I read about CeraVe day cream yesterday and it had a very good review due to the quality contents. I ran out to Harmon's and bought some. The pump didn't function. Ran back to Harmon's (I work a block from there), and tried using the pump on another bottle before I exchanged. That didn't work. Then I systematically pulled down each bottle at Harmon's, gave each pump about 50 pushes; not one functioned at all. Not. One. So if you buy a bottle from Harmon's on 24th and 6th in Manhattan, I can tell you now she no work. . .

I bought it nonetheless. I needed the moisturizer. And I used it for the first time this morning; excellent texture, sank in nicely, and my dry skin feels good without being sticky. I didn't notice any spf smell and feel I can get on board with this moisturizer. I like the density of it, because it feels lush around my eyes. But CeraVe need to work on their packaging, big time. I would switch back to Kiehl's but theirs is only SPF 20.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by LeiMar86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Obsessed! Finally, a facial sunscreen that doesn't break me out or turn my face into a big greasy mess by noon! Also a great value for the somewhat high (for drugstore) price. I use 3 pumps every morning and still have 2/3 of the bottle left after 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Lyn8

I have been using the Cerave PM for over a year now, but only recently began using the AM version. I really can't say enough good things about these products. I have combination oily skin and the Cerave AM provides even, non-greasy moisture and SPF protection to my skin. Although I am in my mid thirties, I still have occasional break-outs but since using this product my skin is actually glowing and clear! This is a definite HG item for me. I can't believe I waited to long to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by BluePlastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I said that I would buy it again, because actually I would. I love Cerave products and have the body moisturizer and the PM face moisturizer and love them. I seem to have redness and eczema that are not irritated by Cerave products at all. The same is true for this, the AM Cerave. I've had NO irritation or breakouts from it. I have, however, had some annoyances from it.

The first annoyance is minor. The bottle I have is not like the one shown in the picture at the top of this page. It does not have a pump - it's just a squeeze bottle with a press-up cap and hole for the product to come out. I have to shake and shake and squee-eee-eze to get any product to come out, and that happened even when I first bought the bottle and it should have been full.

The second annoyance is worse for me. During the so-called winter we have in my area, it would probably be fine. But in the hot, humid, at least 6-month-long summer we have, my skin just feels suffocated by this thick formula. I want to reiterate that I have had no breakouts or bumps or rashes. What happens is that I put it on my face and immediately my skin feels smothered and starts to sweat buckets. TMI, I know, but it takes me several minutes of blotting and sitting directly in front of a fan to get my face to dry! I do have this to some extent with other sunscreens I've tried, but this takes the cake since it is so thick. Most people will probably not have this unique problem, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Like I said, I would repurchase because it seems mild to my skin otherwise, does not irritate it, and does its job of protecting my skin from the sun. It just might need to be a winter-only product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

This moisturizer is superb. It contains ceramides, hyaluronic acid, niacinimide, AND sunblock. It's better than many MUCH more expensive moisturizers.

I was using another moisturizer I thought I liked by a brand I trust. It was more affordable than this one, contained 4 oz of product, and was good for mixing up tinted moisturizer, but I realized it was making my face greasy and shiny throughout the day. It just never seemed to sink in or evaporate.

This one has twice the SPF of my old one, plus all the other great ingredients. It's a little less moisturizing, but it's perfect for me. Feels elegant going on- smooth and comfortable and not at all greasy. It looks white until you rub it in, but absorbs and becomes invisible almost immediately. Best of all, my skin stays pretty much shine-free all day. My skin has been pretty normal my whole life, but I was starting to think my skin was naturally oily. Turns out, it was my moisturizer.

Makeup goes on great on top of this.

One con and one potential con: No antioxidants is a definite no-no, but I can forgive because I use a serum before putting this on, which is full of antioxidants. And the potential con: It has a sunscreen-y smell right out of the bottle. Doesn't bother me a bit, and the smell disappears pretty quickly.

I also like cerave's PM moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ccj36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

CeraVe SPF 30 Facial Moisturizing Lotion has become a part of my daily routine. I use it every morning on my face and neck, and a bottle lasts me a couple of months. I have normal skin that tends to be slightly dry in the winter, and I am able to use this year-round. (To be fair, I use this with CeraVe Moisturizing Cream to prevent my face from getting chapped when running on cold, windy days.) I've strayed from it to try new things, but I always return to this lotion. The sunscreen is effective, and the lotion has an elegant texture, providing enough moisture for my over-40 skin without being greasy or causing blemishes. My makeup (whether I use mineral, cream, or liquid foundation) applies smoothly over it, and I feel that my skin is protected. It does have a slight "sunscreen smell" that fades quickly, but it is not bothersome. My only complaint is that the pump applicator doesn't work when you get to the bottom of the bottle, causing you to have to unscrew the top to get the last bit of product out. However, this is a minor annoyance, and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lotion after I used up all of my Eucerin SPF 30 lotion. I have combination skin, which usually gets oilier in the warmer months, and occasional acne. Since using this product, my skin has turned dry and flaky, and broken out more than I've seen in years. I did like that it's a thick product which absorbs quickly, has a locking pump bottle, doesn't have a scent that I noticed. It just doesn't agree with my skin! I won't be buying this product again!