April 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ccj36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

CeraVe SPF 30 Facial Moisturizing Lotion has become a part of my daily routine. I use it every morning on my face and neck, and a bottle lasts me a couple of months. I have normal skin that tends to be slightly dry in the winter, and I am able to use this year-round. (To be fair, I use this with CeraVe Moisturizing Cream to prevent my face from getting chapped when running on cold, windy days.) I've strayed from it to try new things, but I always return to this lotion. The sunscreen is effective, and the lotion has an elegant texture, providing enough moisture for my over-40 skin without being greasy or causing blemishes. My makeup (whether I use mineral, cream, or liquid foundation) applies smoothly over it, and I feel that my skin is protected. It does have a slight "sunscreen smell" that fades quickly, but it is not bothersome. My only complaint is that the pump applicator doesn't work when you get to the bottom of the bottle, causing you to have to unscrew the top to get the last bit of product out. However, this is a minor annoyance, and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Dlou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This would get 5 stars, but the packaging is dire. I have been wanting an a.m. cream with a nice knock of SPF for a while--I have Scottish skin and need more than 20 SPF. So I read about CeraVe day cream yesterday and it had a very good review due to the quality contents. I ran out to Harmon's and bought some. The pump didn't function. Ran back to Harmon's (I work a block from there), and tried using the pump on another bottle before I exchanged. That didn't work. Then I systematically pulled down each bottle at Harmon's, gave each pump about 50 pushes; not one functioned at all. Not. One. So if you buy a bottle from Harmon's on 24th and 6th in Manhattan, I can tell you now she no work. . .

I bought it nonetheless. I needed the moisturizer. And I used it for the first time this morning; excellent texture, sank in nicely, and my dry skin feels good without being sticky. I didn't notice any spf smell and feel I can get on board with this moisturizer. I like the density of it, because it feels lush around my eyes. But CeraVe need to work on their packaging, big time. I would switch back to Kiehl's but theirs is only SPF 20.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Techers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS!! The spf is high, the pump keeps the product sanitary, and it lightly moisturizes my combination, sensitive skin without breakouts. I mix one pump with a little mineral powder and put this on first thing in the morning. I top it off with a little more mineral powder, and look flawless.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lotion after I used up all of my Eucerin SPF 30 lotion. I have combination skin, which usually gets oilier in the warmer months, and occasional acne. Since using this product, my skin has turned dry and flaky, and broken out more than I've seen in years. I did like that it's a thick product which absorbs quickly, has a locking pump bottle, doesn't have a scent that I noticed. It just doesn't agree with my skin! I won't be buying this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Lyn8

I have been using the Cerave PM for over a year now, but only recently began using the AM version. I really can't say enough good things about these products. I have combination oily skin and the Cerave AM provides even, non-greasy moisture and SPF protection to my skin. Although I am in my mid thirties, I still have occasional break-outs but since using this product my skin is actually glowing and clear! This is a definite HG item for me. I can't believe I waited to long to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a spf 30 moisturizer for the summertime since I normally wear spf 15. I tried a couple others that didn't quite work for me but then I heard about this one and it's much cheaper than alot of the others I looked at so that was a winner. You get 3 oz. for around 14 bucks and most of the other brands are 1.7 oz for the same price or more. I love this and it works great on my slightly dry skin. It's not sticky or greasy so I could see this working on oily skin too. I put one pump on my face and then another on my neck/chest area. It does soak it quickly so you have to work fast rubbing it in but that's a deal-breaker in the least. I love this and will definitely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 6:43:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Prior to using this product, I had been using Olay Complete SPF 30 Daily Moisturizer. This product had worked just fine for me, but now that I am in my 40s, my skin is definitely drier and Olay just wasn't cutting it anymore. I absolutely love the Cerave AM. It works very well under makeup and it leaves my skin feeling very soft and hydrated. I find myself touching my face because it feels so soft! My skintone is also more even since I started using this product..perhaps it's the Niacinamide. I really like the fact that this lotion has an SPF of 30 and it's so lightweight, which makes it easy to apply and wear under makeup. I just bought my second bottle and I picked up Cerave PM, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by KZARTMAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great SPF moisturizer for sensitive, normal to dry skin. I normally don't review products (I admit to mainly lurking on MUA and benefitting from others' expertise!) but this is so great I had to review. I have extremely reactive, dry skin, and this is the first and only moisturizer than includes broad spectrum SPF that keeps my skin moisturized and irritation-free. I used to use EL ANR, Cerave cream and then a sunscreen...now I use just this. I hope Cerave never discontinues this product. I found it at CVS for about $13.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like the other reviewers, I so wanted this product to be great. But here I sit with a neck, chest, and arms full of little hives. I'm talking covered, not just a little redness or a few bumps. Fortunately, I didn't use it on my face. Sunscreens and I have a checkered relationship. If this works for you, you'll probably like it. It's light and absorbs quickly. Back to the drawing board...

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this for winter. It is slightly thick for my oily, acne-prone skin, but it's really hard to find a non acnegenic, non irritating sunscreen for the face. I literally have not found one I like as much as this one.

I think the combo of this and the PM at night keeps my skin plump and healthy looking. This is actually thicker and makes me a little oilier than the PM, so I wish it was more matte, but I just can't bring myself to risk breakouts from straying. And it feels sooooo nice on the skin.

I tried the SPF 50 sunscreen too, which I kept for beach or hiking days, but for everyday use this leaves far less of a white cast and is less pasty.

The pump clogs on all the bottles. I've bought 3 or 4. It's not that you got a bad one. Just pump it 30 times or so and it will come out.

This and the other CeraVe products have Ceteareth 20+cetearyl alcohol, fatty acids that show up on lots of comedogenic ingredients lists. But don't be scared. Formulation matters more than individual ingredients. Do you ever hear a dermatologist--a real one, not a cosmetic clinic one--tell you to look up ingredients on CosDNA? I haven't, and I've been to lots of derms.

This does not cause or aggravate acne for me...and almost everything else does (looking at you, Paulas Choice, Neutrogena, Clinique....). It actually feels soothing and reduces redness and inflammation from acne when I do have it.

Last summer, I did notice this May have been too moisturizing under my pressed powder (usually Almay or Clinique Stay Matte). It gave a bit of a droopy whitish look in certain lights, about the same as my old Olay SPF 15 did. But for a sunscreen with no avobenzone, no silicone base, no other potentially aggravating aspects, I'll deal with it.

Has never burned my skin or eyes...benzones usually end up being the culprit for eye stings for me (Olay, Paulas Choice Skin balancing). Some people complain of redness and stinging, which is a known adverse reaction in those individuals allergic to niacinimide. Thank goodness I'm not. If you're sensitive to that ingredient, don't use this :)