October 23, 2014 | 880 users online

Eyeliner - Palladio - Eye Ink

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like it and I'm sorry to put the rating down. I did not like it. It was not dark enough for me and if I draw a line over it would not get darker it would actually fade and them the skin shows grrr. I'm giving 2 lippies because it easy to draw the thin line but that is about it. Sorry I would not buy it again, just not my thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I am a complete klutz when it comes to eyeliners. I must have a few cotton swabs at the ready for cleaning up the mess I create. Lack of a steady hand and formulas that are too creamy and smudgy make me a fail at this common makeup procedure. However, I was so desperately looking for something that will create a clean crisp line that was dark black and applied with ease. This liner comes in a tube with a small brush felt tip and a screw on cap. My previous experience with a felt tip liquid liner was a nightmare. I tried the Revlon CS felt tip liquid liner and the product was terrible. The felt tip was stiff and stratchy and poked the lid too hard. The formula was watery with poor pigmentation. Pallidio is sooooo much better. Pallidio's felt tip is perfect. It glides on the lid very fluid and it doesn't skip. The color is exactly like a Sharpie permanent marker - very dark black. This liner allows you to clean up any mess before it sets. Once it sets, it stays on all day even on a hot and humid summer day. I was truly amazed at the first time I used this liner. I was able to achieve the perfect cat eye with one simple stroke without any clean up! I still can't believe how user friendly this liner is! I finally found my HG black liner! Pallidio can be found at Sally's or Ulta.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by gunkfury

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The Palladio Eye Ink comes in a sturdy and compact little tube thatís ideal for traveling. It has a typical rotate-y cap thing thatís easy to remove, but will seal the product off well enough that the felt tip liner wonít just dry out and get useless. However, you do have to shake the tube (with the cap on of course) in order to get the product going.

These are pen type felt tip liners, so you do get a lot of control in terms of where you want your lines to go. However, as is expected of felt tips, itís a little bit more difficult to thin out a line especially as you approach the inner corner. Thereís just enough give to the tip thatís still great for steady control, but I find it to be a wee bit too stiff if I want to create a specific shape that requiresÖ more swooping lines and such. I guess I wouldnít use any felt tip liner for jobs like those anyway.

The packaging is pretty good quality and the applicator doesnít fray easily. I use the brown one quite a bit and the tip is still as good as new.

The entire thing is about 3.5 inches long, and a few people have commented that the thing is too short to handle comfortably. Personally, the length isn't a problem for me. I find the size quite nifty, especially for bringing around as an everyday liner. I do understand how some people may have a bit of trouble maneuvering it though, so I suggest checking it out in person and judging for yourself. Don't test it on your actual eye though (gross)! Just kind of bring it near your llid and pretend to line your eye.

I have the shades Black, Dark Brown, and Navy. I find that the labels rub off quite easily, which can be annoying for someone like me who has to refer to product names often.

The formulation is on the watery side and is quite inconsistent in terms of pigmentation. The black is pretty opaque, while the brown is just a bit less so. The navy, on the other hand, applies quite unevenly and is the most watery of the three. It is such a lovely color though, and not impossible to work with. It is especially important to shake the tube well so that the product doesnít come out as watery.

Palladio describes the Eye Ink to be fast drying, which I have NOT found to be true. Once I have this on my lid, I find that I have to keep my eyes lowered for quite some time (I would say at least a minute) before the product sets. Otherwise, I end up with empty patches that I have to fill in again. Once the product sets though, it will stay put. It is pretty water resistant but will easily come off with regular makeup remover.

All in all, I think the Palladio Eye Ink is on the better side of midrange liquid liners, which is why I said I'd buy it again despite my critique on the formula. I like it much better than the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner, which is even more annoyingly watery and has a felt tip that frays like a nerdís nerves. For the price, I didnít really expect the Eye Ink to be perfect, and it did very much exceed my expectations. Even the navy one is something that I reach for quite often. If I liked the other colors enough, I think I would actually buy them, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by danisanchez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a great eyeliner!! It works perfect for on-the go as it is small and can fit even in your pocket!

I used it to go out to at night for a party, and when I came home, my eyeliner was still in place!!

I will definitely go back to Sally Beauty to buy it in another color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by nyxisis

Great product. Pros: Got it in black and it gave me a dark, bold, thin line with its thin, soft felt tip. Doesn't bleed and I like that it dried fast. Doesn't irritate my eyes and I could apply to my waterline if I want. Doesn't smudge during the day.
Cons: Felt tip dries up quickly after opening so while I think there is plenty of product still in the bottle, I have to wet the tip very quickly under water and use a tissue to start the product flowing again (and draw the extra water I just added out of the felt tip so it stops diluting the product). Doesn't stay long on my waterline (but then not much does so it could just be my eyes that it doesn't work with).
Still despite cons, I will buy it again because of the quality of the dark line it creates and that it won't budge all day which makes it worth a re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by TeMpErMeNtAl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeliner. It really does remind me of ink. This does not smudge and dries quickly. It doesn't run onto my eyelashes. If you want a dramatic look you most shake well or else you'll only get a faint line. I will defiantly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this in a swap in Brown and I love it! I've been using it everyday. I have never used brown liner but its really pretty and subtle. I like this pen because its fool proof. You can def pull of a good wing-eyed look easier than with a liquid or gel liner at least for me. The pigment is not super dark brown but I like that. Looks naturally pretty but enough to bring out your eyes. Try it & if you dont like it, I will swap for it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by sleepismytherapy

I LOVE THIS EYELINER!!!! this is my favorite eyeliner... well, at least for right now. I like how they design it to have a pen tip, but unlike of the other pen tip eyeliner this one doesn't dry out. I have the purple and black color, they both work wonders...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by luveliane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

CONS:
since its labeled ink, (if its a pen its dark first then faded if out of ink) as i line my eyes its like fade black then i line again.
PROS:
love love the tip, you can line from the thinnest to thickest line. it stays all day. i can apply it my lower lash line without making it look harsh/too heavy for the area.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by lauralovebug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! It's so hard to find an eye marker that actually works. You can get such a precise line with this marker, but the best part is that it actually produces a dark liquid line that you don't even have to go over a second time! And it lasts all day. Can't beat it. Love it. Will repurchase again and again and again.