April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Ultrabalm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I've used this for everything. Diaper cream. Lip balm. Hand cream. Lotion. And it's never disappointed

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by DiJO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using it mainly on my lips.
While it is a good lip balm not greasy and not matte, I found that I had to re-apply constantly to make my lips stay moisturised. And I DON"T have DRY lips.
This is not too expensive compared to other LUSH products, but I do
feel that there are heaps of other products(from other brands) that work just the same or even better.
Probably will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another Lush wonder!
I got this yesterday as an alternative to Tattoo Goo, as I just received a new, large tattoo on Tuesday. I'd heard that this was a great vegan alternative (not to mention all-natural, which Tattoo Goo no longer is), so I figured I'd give it a go.
So far, it's keeping my healing tattoo feeling very comfortable and doesn't leave behind a tacky film. Just a silky sheen, which is what one should want during the healing process.
I also went ahead and used it on my lips right before bed and HOOBOY were they soft this morning!
I like that you don't have to use much at all to get lasting results. It is pricey, yes, but reapplication isn't necessary every hour, so the tin should last quite a while.
It is quite melty, but I keep it upright in my bag as much as I can to avoid any spilling over and it's worked thus far. They should make the container a bit more well sealed, though, since I am wary of it greasing up the inside of my bag should I misstep. Maybe I'll repot into a small hermetic jar or something.
I've got a sample of Dream Cream, which is supposed to be a good follow-up to Ultrabalm after the tattoo is well into the healing process. I hope it's as good as everyone says in terms of helping to keep tattoos vibrant, but I'll keep Ultrabalm around for my lips and cuticles, or for whenever any of my healed tattoos need sprucing up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ultrabalm is THE perfect all-natural substitute for Vaseline & petroleum jelly products - think I've found a keeper here! I prefer to keep my skincare products natural and was recommended Ultrabalm by Lush staff for dry lips and patches of dry skin on my arms from a combination of winter weather and mild eczema since my skin was in such a bad place at the time.
At £8.25 for a small 45g tin it does seem on the pricey side, although as you only need a tiny amount it lasts for ages - I'm barely halfway through my first tin I bought a year ago. It has a pleasant 'woody' smell similar to Lush's Ultrabland cleanser - if you're not a fan of the smell don't worry, it doesn't linger as much. I was pleased to see the formula is kept simple and natural with no chemical nastiness - just organic jojoba oil, rose wax and candelilla wax.
There are literally hundreds of uses for this product - I use it as an emergency overnight lip treatment and wake up with baby-soft lips, as well as on my dry knuckles and heels in winter during the day when I don't want to apply greasy hand cream or foot cream all over. My skin always turns out super-soft and lovely afterwards. Even my boyfriend uses it to relieve sore dry skin on his hands and elbows caused by irritant chemicals after working on cars all day. It can be used just like Vaseline but without the worry of putting chemicals on your skin - ideal for removing makeup, using when dyeing hair to prevent stained skin, tattoo balm, you name it.
The only negatives: it feels slightly gritty, again like Ultrabland cleanser, which is why I only use it on my lips occasionally. Also it can be messy to keep sticking your fingers in the tin so it would be great if they did a compact tin for hygiene.
I really do recommend this to anyone with dry skin patches or who wants a natural alternative to Vaseline - this product is seriously amazing and 100% worth the purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mariacardoso

Love this balm. It is not only for lips, i use it before my aha treatment and it helps. It' s amazing how my skin glows when i put ultrabalm+treatment aha glytone+compact mineral spf50!! And, at night, the same ultrabalm before treatment. Oh and my make up lasts forever with it, blush mineral from mac lasts forever. I am impressed. I can forget the smell and texture when apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by windypoint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A rich slick of something oily when I want it, and no real fuss. Need to use it up quickly as like most Lush it doesn't have much in the way of preservatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot use a lot of products on my lips due to allergies but this really helps my lips which are very dry and cracked. You only need a very small amount and it glides on easily.
It does have a grainy texture many will find a put-off, but because of the benefits of its 3 all natural ingredients i'm willing to over look this. I do recommend using a mirror when applying as it can leave little white grains on your lips though.

A great all rounder and definitely a good alternative to vaseline.

NB: Its worth asking for a small sample before trying as it is expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another total letdown from lush. I was hoping this would be a great multi use product. I had bought it with the intention on using on fresh tattoos in place of a petroleum-based balm like a&d or aquaphor, since petroleum can block the pores. I also thought its be good for cuticles and lips, maybe even stretched earlobes. Well...the smell of this was straight up horrid. One sniff and I swear I literally puked in my mouth a bit. It smells rotten, rancid, and very strongly chemical-y (why when it only has like 2 or 3 ingredients and is natural? And No I didn't get an expired one or anything like that). I could just not stand the smell so could not use the product. Also when I received it the outside of the container had the melted oil all over it and got all over all my other items in my order (no it wasn't warm out causing it to melt, it was like 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside lol). Big disappointment. If it didn't smell or they fix the smell I'd retry, maybe..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail lip product! Yes this stuff is truly amazing for chapped lips and as a prep for lipstick. I use this every night and when I wake up in the morning my lips feel baby soft. Especially if I use Fresh Sugar Lip Polish before I use it. I don't really use this product for much else except my lips, but it has helped me when I was in a pinch and needed some cuticle moisture. The smell of the product is almost woody, but it doesn't linger. There is a slight grainy texture in addition to the slippery, emollient feel which I'm willing to overlook because of the benefits. I think tub will last me a long time since I really only use it for my lips. I really like the fact that it's composed of natural ingredients and I can't complain about the packaging. I'd suggest taking advantage of the fact that Lush offers samples and pick some of this up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Marivale

Este es un GRAN producto, porque sirve no sòlo para los labios sino para cualquier zona del cuerpo con problemas de resequedad.
Además de usarlo como complemento al Mint Julips Lip scrub, lo uso para los codos, que es una zona que se me seca y se me pela la piel.
Dió resultados casi inmediatamente, habìa probado un montòn de humectantes (incluso aceites) sin obtener tan buenos resultados.
Como hidratante labial contribuye a la fijación del labial.