August 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Ultrabalm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this, but don't love it as much as I expected to.

I have persistent dry patches on and around my lips, and Ultrabalm seems to have helped some with that, without causing breakouts. You do need to reapply often, though.

I'm not really crazy about the cucumber-y scent, but it doesn't bother me. I'll use up this tin, but I'll probably try something else next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by bedeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I walked into Lush just to look around and browse but not purchase anything as I was just starting to re-furbish my skin care regime. The sales lady talked me into buying this and while I'm not entirely hating it, I don't particularly like it either. Apparently they use this as the base for their lip colour line so I've been using it as a lip balm. It has made the clogged pores around my lips disappear because it's completely non-comedogenic, unlike most natural lip chaps that have coconut oil in them. It's a little too oily for my liking for other body parts, even my lips it doesn't seem to really nourish enough. The oiliness is actually a little irritating. It doesn't smell so great. My boyfriend agrees that isn't the nicest thing in the world. One bonus is that it lasts forever because you don't need much. It's ok, but I'd prefer to look for something better and more nourishing. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by fenomenoide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lush is my go-to brand ever since i stopped using animal tested products, of the few things I've used, no product has disappointed me and this isn't the exception.I've used this on mosquito bites, some minor cuts,cuticles and pretty much everything and I have to say this is the BEST balm ever, it is kind of expensive but since you don't need a lot I guess this is going to last for ages, I would definitely repurchase and recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I've used this for everything. Diaper cream. Lip balm. Hand cream. Lotion. And it's never disappointed

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by DiJO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using it mainly on my lips.
While it is a good lip balm not greasy and not matte, I found that I had to re-apply constantly to make my lips stay moisturised. And I DON"T have DRY lips.
This is not too expensive compared to other LUSH products, but I do
feel that there are heaps of other products(from other brands) that work just the same or even better.
Probably will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another Lush wonder!
I got this yesterday as an alternative to Tattoo Goo, as I just received a new, large tattoo on Tuesday. I'd heard that this was a great vegan alternative (not to mention all-natural, which Tattoo Goo no longer is), so I figured I'd give it a go.
So far, it's keeping my healing tattoo feeling very comfortable and doesn't leave behind a tacky film. Just a silky sheen, which is what one should want during the healing process.
I also went ahead and used it on my lips right before bed and HOOBOY were they soft this morning!
I like that you don't have to use much at all to get lasting results. It is pricey, yes, but reapplication isn't necessary every hour, so the tin should last quite a while.
It is quite melty, but I keep it upright in my bag as much as I can to avoid any spilling over and it's worked thus far. They should make the container a bit more well sealed, though, since I am wary of it greasing up the inside of my bag should I misstep. Maybe I'll repot into a small hermetic jar or something.
I've got a sample of Dream Cream, which is supposed to be a good follow-up to Ultrabalm after the tattoo is well into the healing process. I hope it's as good as everyone says in terms of helping to keep tattoos vibrant, but I'll keep Ultrabalm around for my lips and cuticles, or for whenever any of my healed tattoos need sprucing up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ultrabalm is THE perfect all-natural substitute for Vaseline & petroleum jelly products - think I've found a keeper here! I prefer to keep my skincare products natural and was recommended Ultrabalm by Lush staff for dry lips and patches of dry skin on my arms from a combination of winter weather and mild eczema since my skin was in such a bad place at the time.
At 8.25 for a small 45g tin it does seem on the pricey side, although as you only need a tiny amount it lasts for ages - I'm barely halfway through my first tin I bought a year ago. It has a pleasant 'woody' smell similar to Lush's Ultrabland cleanser - if you're not a fan of the smell don't worry, it doesn't linger as much. I was pleased to see the formula is kept simple and natural with no chemical nastiness - just organic jojoba oil, rose wax and candelilla wax.
There are literally hundreds of uses for this product - I use it as an emergency overnight lip treatment and wake up with baby-soft lips, as well as on my dry knuckles and heels in winter during the day when I don't want to apply greasy hand cream or foot cream all over. My skin always turns out super-soft and lovely afterwards. Even my boyfriend uses it to relieve sore dry skin on his hands and elbows caused by irritant chemicals after working on cars all day. It can be used just like Vaseline but without the worry of putting chemicals on your skin - ideal for removing makeup, using when dyeing hair to prevent stained skin, tattoo balm, you name it.
The only negatives: it feels slightly gritty, again like Ultrabland cleanser, which is why I only use it on my lips occasionally. Also it can be messy to keep sticking your fingers in the tin so it would be great if they did a compact tin for hygiene.
I really do recommend this to anyone with dry skin patches or who wants a natural alternative to Vaseline - this product is seriously amazing and 100% worth the purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mariacardoso

Love this balm. It is not only for lips, i use it before my aha treatment and it helps. It' s amazing how my skin glows when i put ultrabalm+treatment aha glytone+compact mineral spf50!! And, at night, the same ultrabalm before treatment. Oh and my make up lasts forever with it, blush mineral from mac lasts forever. I am impressed. I can forget the smell and texture when apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by windypoint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A rich slick of something oily when I want it, and no real fuss. Need to use it up quickly as like most Lush it doesn't have much in the way of preservatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot use a lot of products on my lips due to allergies but this really helps my lips which are very dry and cracked. You only need a very small amount and it glides on easily.
It does have a grainy texture many will find a put-off, but because of the benefits of its 3 all natural ingredients i'm willing to over look this. I do recommend using a mirror when applying as it can leave little white grains on your lips though.

A great all rounder and definitely a good alternative to vaseline.

NB: Its worth asking for a small sample before trying as it is expensive.