LUSH Ultrabalm

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Another favourite! This is fairly cheap for a Lush product and it's just so lovely. It has no noticeable scent or colour and it's great for any kind of dry skin. I also use it as a lip balm in the same way that some people would use vaseline. The oils are lovely and softening, although sometimes when it's cold the formula gets a little gritty before you put it on your skin. I will most certainly buy again.

It is a vegan, safe, but expensive alternative to Vaseline (natural petroleum jelly). That is really all there is to it. I have to admit that it does moisturize your lips very well, even on windy and cold days, but initially has a "grainy" feel to it when you smack your lips together. This feeling goes away if you warm up the product with your hands first, or keep on rubbing your lips together (so I guess the grains are due to the ingredients setting).

Basically a natural petroleum jelly. As a tween I toted Vaseline with me everywhere as my lip balm, and now I use the Ultrabalm. It's a bit expensive for me, but you do get a fair bit of product for it, so the $13 is worth it to me. The lady at the LUSH store sold me on it when I was in for a lip scrub and I'm obsessed with it - I have super dry skin and I use this everywhere I'm extra dry, particularly around my mouth and nose. It doesn't really have much of a smell that I can detect. What I love about it is that it feels just like Vaseline, only it actually soaks into your skin instead of resting on top forever, but it keeps you moisturized just as well. I've also been using it on my feet, on patches of what look like psoriasis on my hands, and as a lip balm - it makes my hands feel soothed and protected and my feet are much less dry. I've put it on my tattoos while they heal and on burns, basically been using it in any way I'd use Vaseline and it does the trick. I'm a huge sucker for multi-purpose products and I'm basically obsessed with this balm!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Everything burns or irritates my skin. This doesn't. I use it all over my face including undereye. It leaves my skin looking and feeling perfect. I've also been using it on a nasty poison ivy scar: after a week it's faded exponentially.

Simple and effective. It has three ingredients and comes in a simple, recyclable aluminum tin. Unlike most of Lush's products; it has no added perfume. I think the resulting scent is neutral: like Vaseline. Neither pleasing or offensive. However after using it for a week, I've come to view it as the scent of calmed skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great alternative to Vaseline! I have eczema and had become a little OCD about keeping moisturised/balmed up but hated using Vaseline, UltraBalm is 3 natural products which I love. On my 3rd tin.

I do like this balm but it feels grainy, and whenever I apply on my lips (and anywhere else) I can feel the texture of the little grains. When I rub/warm the product up they dissolve, but it's not convenient to do that whenever I want to use it.. I wonder if I just got a bad one. But I can't fully enjoy it and it's not exactly cheap either. A bit disappointing.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product is essentially a combination of Jojoba oil, Candelilla Wax, and Rose Wax. I liked it alot when I first purchased it, enough to use up an entire tin and repurchase. However, I do not think I will be repurchasing for a second time.

I originally liked it as a multi-purpose moisturizer for body and face. I liked how it was all natural, it sinks right in, and gives light sustained moisture. I also liked how I could use it all over and anywhere that needed moisture.

However, the longer I used this product, the more I grew to dislike it. I feel as though the moisture this product gives is not enough (and I have combination - normal skin). Yes, it does sink in, but my skin still feels dehydrated when I use this long term. Secondly, I can no longer use this product on my face. When I apply it near my eyes overnight, I wake up with puffy eyes. When I apply this on my nose overnight, I wake up with black junk in my pores. And when I apply this on my cheeks, I eventually get scattered clogs.

Ultrabalm, I thought you were HG. But now I know, you were not meant to be :(

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

A pretty decent balm for the price. I wouldn't really call it a "balm" though......more like a greasy cream....unless mine is just always melty since I live in southern Cali? Yes, it smells truly horrible but it does moisturize. I have mainly been using it on my seasonal eczema patches and psoriasis....eeeh(I know, my skin is jacked up). I've also used it on lips,hands,and the cut buddies. I have an arsenal of random salves and balms for my skin issues and this one is just...ok. If you like this, you'd love Waxelene......just sayin'.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this, but don't love it as much as I expected to.

I have persistent dry patches on and around my lips, and Ultrabalm seems to have helped some with that, without causing breakouts. You do need to reapply often, though.

I'm not really crazy about the cucumber-y scent, but it doesn't bother me. I'll use up this tin, but I'll probably try something else next time.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I walked into Lush just to look around and browse but not purchase anything as I was just starting to re-furbish my skin care regime. The sales lady talked me into buying this and while I'm not entirely hating it, I don't particularly like it either. Apparently they use this as the base for their lip colour line so I've been using it as a lip balm. It has made the clogged pores around my lips disappear because it's completely non-comedogenic, unlike most natural lip chaps that have coconut oil in them. It's a little too oily for my liking for other body parts, even my lips it doesn't seem to really nourish enough. The oiliness is actually a little irritating. It doesn't smell so great. My boyfriend agrees that isn't the nicest thing in the world. One bonus is that it lasts forever because you don't need much. It's ok, but I'd prefer to look for something better and more nourishing. I won't repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments