April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

BB Cream - BRTC - Gold Caviar BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this after doing a lot of research online and viewing tons of swatches. I am fair-skinned with pink undertones, and this seemed to match me the best. It matched my skin perfectly! It has a light consistency, so it does not look like a mask (but their sample of Whitening and Repair was too thick.) I was sold. Then, I began to break out. I ordered their Blemish one and will review that one later, but the color is different from the Gold Caviar. Boo. I hope that when I move out to the high desert (from the South) in a few months I can wear the Gold Caviar again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I'd watched on Youtube how bentleyblonde loved this out all 4 BRTC bb creams, so although I'd just purchased the Jasmine one the week before, I went on out to get this as well :) Have been using this for the past week. Glad that there were no breakouts and didn't aggravate my forehead condition. Texture-wise, takes more effort to blend then the Jasmine water, slightly thicker and more viscous. Whereas you feel that the Jasmine's hydration comes from the water content, this one felt like its moisturizing from an emollient content. (Not sure if this is true, but that's how I felt) This one matched my NC20-25 skintone much much better than the Jasmine and I really like the high SPF50. However still enjoying this one as I can get away with just this and a slight dusting of powder. Even without powder and concealer, its still good to go. Would prefer a pump. Hate the fingerprint marks I leave behind on the silver cap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i'm so suprised of all these good reviews here, i got this last winter when my skin got extremely dry at one point and the salesperson recommend this to help my skin out. however, not only that this didn't moisturize, i can't seem to blend this thing on my face no matter how i try. It's super thick and sticky and the color is off. i gave up after two days....and it's just sitting there now......

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the first BB cream I've tried, and I was attracted mainly to the convenience factor, and for that, it's A+. So nice to walk out of the bathroom after my facewash/toothbrush routine with one of my makeup steps already done. Gold Caviar moisturized well for my oily skin, though it did oil up a bit by midday. I was impressed and surprised by the coverage. I'm a heavy coverage girl, with chronic dark undereye circles and acne hyperpigmentation. Though the undereye coverage was not ideal, it wasn't so bad that I felt the need to layer a concealer on top. For the rest of my skin, the coverage was comparable to when I use one of my full coverage concealers (MUFE full cover or Vichy dermablend), which was amazing. It lasted pretty well, faded a bit by early evening, but not so much that I felt exposed. The main problems were a) the price. I was disappointed by the amount that came in the tube for how much I paid. I will likely do some comparison shopping if I ever rebuy. and b) I have very pale skin and the colour of this is darker than my natural colour. I can blend it so it doesn't clash, but I was really hoping that a BB cream would really make my pale skin pop, like that opalescent quality I see on some BB cream blog reviews. Gold Caviar covered well and simplifies my routine, but it really doesn't give the ever-coveted glowiness. So I do plan to try a couple other BBs, but because the coverage and convenience was so impressive, I will come back to Gold Caviar if I don't find something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, reddish undertones.

Med to full coverage, this BB would be on the more drying side than others I've tried (but the more moist ones are more sheer as well). Tad too light for me, but easily fixed when mixed w/ a dab of Lush's Dark Yellow colour supplement (my new way to make those light Asian BB's work for me).

I find mixing a too light BB w/ the Lush yellow is a better combo than the Smashbox BB Light, since the Smashbox needs a primer still and is lighter in coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I don't love it. Very disappointed, in fact. This settles in pores and separates and cakes - after a couple of hours, it is a splotchy, spotty mess with dry flakiness - regardless of what moisturiser I use underneath. I would like to see the anti-aging properties and SPF of this BB cream with better moisturising properties!!!

The texture of the Jasmine cream is better for me. I find this is not hydrating enough and sits on top of my skin like a mask, emphasising open pores, etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by codepink123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first BB Cream I've tried, so I was pretty shocked at how made-up and pasty I looked on the first application, but true to the reviews the color settled within 15 minutes. By 30 minutes, it looked completely natural and stayed that way all day.

Whitening: My face was always darker (NC 25) than my neck (NC 20, I guess) and the Gold Caviar fixed that problem right away. Since it is "whitening," which refers to preventing melanin formation during sun exposure ( as opposed to bleaching), it eventually made my face the same color as my neck after 3 weeks of almost daily use. No more farmer tan! I also freckle constantly in the sun, even though I wear an SPF50/PA+++ sunblock, and the Gold Caviar prevented further freckling. It faded my existing freckles somewhat. I would need a separate lightener to really do the job.

Recovery: I realized that since I now had a bb cream, it's perfect for using after a chemical peel. No more down time.

Solidifying: or at least I think that's what the BRTC website called it. I noticed that pores got smaller and my skin on my cheeks looks tighter.

I'd give this 5 stars but it leaves my face very dry by the end of the day unless I mix it with hyaluronic acid serum before applying. I must be the sort of person who should use their Jasmine water.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by shipley86

Fantastic coverage but gave me and my mom little red bumps all over the face! First time I got an allergic reaction from a BB cream!!! Not worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by amaiaisabella

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use the L'egere BB cream, which was nice but a bit too dark for my extremely fair skin. However, the BRTC cream is a perfect match! I didn't think it would be since it looks so ashy when you squeeze it out, but it blends in instantly on my warm-toned skin. I love BB creams because they really are idiot-proof- you can't overapply or cake this stuff unless you really made it your goal too. The BB cream just melds with your skin and looks like you have healthy, glowing skin. I hate the price and having to order it from Asia on Ebay, but I'll do it for these kinds of results. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by liahz

I've been using this BB cream for almost 3 years now, and have never changed BB creams ever since. I use it for foundation, and mostly the t-zone. I've noticed an improvement in my skin, hardly any acne/spots compared to last time and it has definitely brightened my skin much more :)

I'm a NC25 with oily t-zones, and only need to blot at least once a day. It's a very light formula and sheer coverage, hence it isn't sufficient for an undereye concealer.The color blends in well because it oxidizes. My complexion has improved vastly after 3 years of using this everyday. My holy grail!