October 24, 2014 | 1069 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

After years of Lancome Difinicils and then years of L'Oreal Voluminous I sadly had to find something new. Reviews on Volum' Express looked promising so I took a chance. Happily I found that it works very well for me! I have oily skin so a good non flaky waterproof mascara is a must. This mascara went on smoothly, no clumping and did not flake or give me raccoon eyes over the course of the day. It also did not burn my eyes or dry them out like the last tube of L'Oreal Voluminous did. Got the Volum' Express Waterproof in Brownish Black and it's a nice balance of the two colors though it seems to lean a little more on the brown side. It seems like this mascara goes on sale often so I will be stocking up! Not giving this a five since I think that Dior's Diorshow is the mascara all mascaras should aspire to and this one does not give that kind of length or thickness. Good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by queeniesiu18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this mascara at least four times! I have long eyelashes, but a lot of mascaras tend to make them drop upon application due to the wet formula. This mascara does not do that; in fact, it makes my eyelashes hold their curls exceptionally well! It smudges on my lower lashes, but nothing budges on my upper lashes. The waterproof formula is amazing. A little tip for those whose eye liner on their upper waterline smudges all the time. Take a small eye liner brush, dip some into the mascara wand and apply it on the upper waterline. This is a good alternative to any eye liners and the waterproof formula makes it stay on your water line. Even if it does smudge, it just comes off as little black pecks so it is much easier to clean than a smudged eye liner. Mascaras should be changed up every 3 months anyway, and if you swirl the wand when putting it back into the bottle instead of directly pushing it in, the mascara will not dry up that quickly. Great product and great price!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by vintjus

I am quite shock with all the bad reviews. I thought this mascara is a life saver, well for me it is tho. Really affordable, great quality, last long, if you use it right, It doesn't leaves any clumps.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by MishMashMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim when I was overseas because it cost about a third of what it would in Australia. I like Maybelline mascaras so I thought I'd try this one out.

I really wanted to like it because when I first applied it, the formula was great. Nice, even coverage and no clumping at all. Yes, it added volume and length, but no, I wouldn't say it looked like I was wearing false eyelashes, as the name would suggest (to be honest, I didn't expect it to anyway). I could live with that.

What I couldn't live with, however, was the fact that is smudged underneath my eyes within two hours of putting it on, even though I'd only applied one coat to my top lashes. By the end of the day, the smudging had intensified ridiculously - for me, an absolute deal-breaker. This was disappointing, because I noticed that it held a curl quite well. I loved the formula so much I even decided to buy it in Australia, thinking it could make all the difference. Sadly, it didn't - I'd wasted $20 and still looked like a panda by the end of the day.

So, while the formula is fantastic, I can't look past the smudging. But if you can, go for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I accidentally bought waterproof last time I was at the store and while it still gives me the same look as the original I can't get it off. It is so hard to remove and I can't wait to repurchase the original. you.

Of course this means the mascara stays put and goes no where if that is an important quality to

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by spirovelvet

It's waterproof but it flakes and transfers and let me with raccoon eyes. It's amazing at volume and lenght, it really makes a falsies look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So basically this was the first maybelline mascara I have ever bought (back in the days), and let me say.. I love it so much! This is my HG mascara! The formula is super wet (which works best for me lashes) so this May or may not work for your lashes depending on if they work better on wetter or drier formulas. The brush is pretty big but unique and has a slight curve to really hug the lashes. I have pretty thick and long lashes so this product works best for me. I have both the washable and waterproof formula and I love them! Doesn't run, doesn't smudge, nor flake! WARNING: I DONT RECOMMEND THIS MASCARA TO THOSE WITH SPARSE OR THIN LASHES AS THEY WILL JUST CLUMP AND CLUMP

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by shelby22b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot tell you how many times I've repurchased this product. Actually, I can. It's probably around 6 or 7, and that's a lot coming from me. It's considered a HG product to me, in my opinion.

So the packaging is cute, purple, shiny and fun looking. Just a standard mascara tube packaging. The wand has a spoon-like brush on the end and the bristles are quite easy to work with. I get the waterproof formula because my lashes grow downward and I need to curl them HARDCORE so they can stay, and this beautiful product literally makes them stay upward and flirty. I haven't purchased this in a while because I've been trying out other things, but I managed to keep an old tube in case it comes in handy one day.

The ONLY problems I have with this is the flaking and the smudging. It literally smudges under my left eye by my bottom lashes in the corner and I usually notice by the end of the day. Other than these, this is a great product. If you have no issues with any smudging whatsoever then please, by all means, purchase this mascara and your life and lashes will be forever and greatly changed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Mamclean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked up this mascara based on a suggestion off a youtube makeup tutorial & MUA reviews. I can safely say that I love this mascara! I have used falsies (regular) in the past and while I loved it, I found it to become very clumpy as it got older. I've only had this waterproof version for a few weeks so I guess time will tell! I bought this mascara when it was on sale for 4.99! I was looking for a mascara that would hold my curl and hold up during my long 12hr shifts as an RN. Sure enough it did! Not to mention add volume and length...I glanced in the mirror toward the end of my shift & no smudge or raccoon eyes to be seen! It is a bit hard to get off (but not as hard as the "one to one" waterproof mascara by maybelline) just had to let it soak with the maybelline waterproof makeup remover (also on sale) with a cotton ball for a bit & then slowly wipe off. I found that this mascara didn't make my eyelashes as stiff or brittle. No lash breakage. I'm impressed and would buy this mascara again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by bettybear135

If you are Asian, have hooded eyes, or your lashes literally never stay curled, try this mascara! I have over 20 mascara cuz I'm a makeup junkie, and this is the only one I use! Not kidding. None of the high end mascaras could hold curls, which to me I super super important. I'll have all those expensive crappy mascara which gave me length and volume, but doesn't even stay. Thoughout my makeup journey, I kinda gave up on mascara, but my friend recommended it to me, and I instantly fell in love with it! Now I don't even wear false lashes anymore, because this is that amazing! On the other side though, if your lashes are naturally long, curly, and it doesn't fall down like mine, this might not be the one for you, cuz it gives that much drama to your eyes. But as for me, it's my HG! Hands downs down, the best BEST mascara out of my benefit, Dior, lancome, mascaras!<33 if I don't have this, I seriously don't know what I'll do