October 1, 2014 | 1198 users online

Treatments (Face) - LUSH - Full of Grace Serum Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I love, love, LOVE this product! I am seriously obsessed with it. I use it at least twice a week depending on how my skin looks and feels. I use it only at night because of how "greasy" it is under a moisturizer (typically LUSH's Vanishing Cream) and wake up in the morning with smooth and soft skin. It has seriously worked wonders for the dry skin around the sides of my nose and between my eyebrows. I don't just use it in those spots though, I use it over my entire face (and I have combination skin) and it does not make my skin extra oily or anything like that. I previously used 100% Pure Argan Oil from Josie Maran, which I still do use occasionally (mostly just to finish it off, since this works SO much better on my face at least, I still love Josie Maran for my cuticles, elbows, knees and hands!). Unlike some others, I really don't mind the smell of Full of Grace. I don't know exactly what it smells like but it is rather light, not too overpowering, and it does not seem to last long, or at least I do not notice it after awhile.

Packaging wise, I just store it in one of the little tins that LUSH has for sale, but I'm sure it could be in a bag or just left out but it will melt. I do not mind rubbing it between my hands, except i find that I usually get too much product. So I just leave it in the tin, and rub my clean fingers on the bar a couple times and get the perfect amount. Price wise, it may seem expensive at first, but it is cheaper than Argan Oil and lasts for a decent amount of time. I will definitely repurchase!

I noticed that there is not a list of ingredients on this page, so for anyone who was wondering, I looked in the LUSH catalog and it says "Portebello and Rose Serum" as well as "packed with moisturizing butters, fresh extracts, and soothing floral oils to hydrate and improve skin's elasticity." For $14.95 U.S. this stuff really is what miracles are made of.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by 1432

I think this was really moisturizing but it did break me out when I first started using it. I suggest using it in the winter or when your skin is really dry because it can be too heavy during the summer. It's a solid bar but it will melt a bit to your body temperature and leave you with a thick cream or oil that you rub on your face. It has a subtle smell of roses. It takes a few minutes to fully sink in. I use it at night and when I wake up, I am left with super soft, moisturized skin. It lasts long so I think it's ok for the price. For the packaging, there is none. This could be a problem because it can melt and it gets oily when you use it so you probably don't want it rubbing on other things. You can keep it in a Tupperware or ziplock bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mostly normal skin, a little oily here, a little dry there. This works wonderful! I use it after a shower and face scrub of Lush's Ocean Salt. The combination of these two cleared up my dry patches on the side of my nose and in my eyebrow that was peeling and annoying. I barely use any between my fingers and apply all over my face, especially those areas. I have to do this at least twice a week or those patches want to return. Remarkable.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Trying4flawless

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I asked the store to send me a sample when I placed my Lush order. And i've used it at night now 4 times. My face is smooth and moisturized in the am. However, i'm not fond of warming it in my hands and smearing it on my face. The smells overpowering, and all over my pillow. I would not suggest anyone use this during the day due to the greasyness of it. At this point I may use it periodically and more so in winter when I am more dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by MissAtomicB0mb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't hate this but I don't love it either.

I used to use this every night as a moisturiser but I have gone back to using SteamCream instead and have been using this before using my catastrophe cosmetic face mask (but I couldn't tell you if it has any effect on the performance of the mask or how it helps the mask in any way, I was just told this was one of its uses.)

It's very greasy and sits on the skin for a very long time. However by the morning it has sunk in and my skin would look & feel very soft. I also believe that its very easy to use and smells very nice. I wouldn't use this during the day, it's far too greasy for that!

All in all I wouldn't buy this again as I have used better moisturisers that don't sit on my skin for as long as this does. It didn't make me breakout thankfully but it didn't help my spots either (not that it claimed it would to be fair) and as someone with a few spots i'm not sure rubbing it over my face to be the most hygienic thing I could be doing (I tried using fingers but it didn't work, it would only melt onto my skin if I rubbed it across my face directly)

I do give it brownie points for being natural as can be, animal friendly & vegan.

If you have clear skin/dry skin/or like a heavy moisturiser that sinks in overnight then this is for you. If you have blemishes/oily skin/prone to breakouts with rich products or looking for something you can use in the day as well then maybe this isn't for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by windypoint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It made my face break out, so I went looking for some other use for it. I tried it on my hands but it was bit greasy for that, didn't sink in. Then I used it on my feet at night. I like it very much for that purpose, it seems to take down puffyness in my feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

It's extremely oily so it takes a while to sink in, so I only use it at night or under a face mask. My skin has looked a lot better since I've started using this. It doesn't smell which I like. It goes pretty fast tho so I use it sparingly

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this, makes my skin so soft.
Use it every night by rubbing it in between my fingers than applying.
Hard to store as it melts at high temperatures but I can cope with it for how much I love the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I've been looking for a moisturizer to use at night and didnt want to spend too much. The lady at LUSH said this would be a good thing to use since I liked shangri Lao moisturizer. I was a little iffy about it because I didn't know how if store this little bar as it melts in your hands! But I keep it in the little paper lush bag they gave me. I like this for a night moisturizer but its not for me during the day. First of all I have an oily forehead, nose and chin, and dry beside my nose and between my eyebrows. I can only use this every other night because it breaks me out and I'm careful now to only apply it lightly all over, concentrating on my dry areas. It has stopped my skin from flaking, but I made the mistake to try it during the day when I got it and I was an oily mess! Now it's an every other night thing for me. I do like it, and it does fix any dry areas so people who have dry skin this is the thing for you, oily people be careful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is really lovely! I can't comment on anti-aging as I'm 24 but after night-time use I wake up to glowy, soft skin that doesn't have it's usual uneven redness. I've used this 5 or 6 times and have barely made a dent in it so the price is amazing too. I have dry to normal skin and don't use a moisturiser on nights I use this as it would be a bit too much for my skin - this serum is very moisturising for me. Definite repurchase!