December 22, 2014 | 1609 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by AccioPretty

I think this brushes are amazing for their price! I wanted a cheap set of eye brushes because I am just starting to experiment with eye make up and I find them to be super handy because they have their name engraved on the handle. I have cleaned them twice with the oil and dish soap method, and they are still in perfect shape. Yes, they do are really small, but I have small hands so I have no problem, and I find their size to be perfect for traveling ( they even have a little bag in the package to store them). Over all, I think it's great value, but I wouldn't buy them again, because I plan on buying a full size set by the time they start to shed.

-Perfect size for travel.
-Really cheap.
-Good set for begginers.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The brushes are worth about what they cost (very little) The real techniques brushes are a better option at this price range. One wash and these brushes are trash, they get scratchy, frayed, and do not keep their shape. (I wash with MAC brush cleaner)

What really irritates me is the Eco-friendly claims. First off, that giant plastic package they come in, really? Bamboo is not a green material. Here's a quick over view of why:

Bamboo is only renewable if it's properly maintained, and the fertilizers, pesticides and clear-cutting that has become more common to keep up with the demand for bamboo has made it less than an eco champion. There's also the cost of transportation, as well as the cheaper bamboo that has popped up on the market, which is not only less durable but also use formaldehyde emitting finishes.

The manufacturer claims it is green because it grows so quickly compared to wood. Most bamboo is manufactured in some of the worlds most pollution filled countries, with minimal laws on the chemicals that can be used and dumped. Properly maintained and harvested forests are much better for the environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these brushes! I tend to like smaller brushes for doing the whole lid instead of the big fluffy ones and this set has a great mix of both. I use the fluffy ones for blending and these brushes work well with my high end eyeshadow and my cheapies! I agree with some reviewers that these brushes can vary greatly from package to package but just examine a few sets at the store and pick the one that looks the best. I picked a set with smaller brushes intentionally while there were other sets with more fluffy brushes. These brushes were a great price and you can often find coupons online for Ecotools brushes to save even more. These brushes are everything I wanted and they are worth trying before turning to a more expensive brand. On a side note, I had also tried the E.L.F. brand brushes and I like Ecotools much better. There's less fall out and the brushes are denser to hold shadow better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by aqualeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great quality, extremely soft, durable, long lasting, and as good as high end brushes, if not better!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Love this kit! I have had this for four years now. I like small brushes that I can easily put into my makeup bag. I predominantly only use the highlight brush and smudge brush. I normally only use four brushes daily and they my Eco Tools highlight and smudge brush, sephora eyeshadow brush, and Urban decay's karma brush from the Naked 1 palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by asianpandaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An amazing eye brush set for beginners. I got the one with just the brushes in a pouch because my Target didn't have the one with a case. <:1
Pros:
- SUPER SOFT! :)
- Never seem to shed.
- The bamboo is really nice and makes it an easy grip.
- The brushes are travel-size, which was perfect for my small lid space.
Cons:
None! :)
I found uses for ALL the brushes, in case you have trouble finding something to do about the two larger brushes.
Large eye brush - It's great for applying a nude powder base all over the lid. In some cases when I have less time to get ready and can't use my fingers, I use it to blend my concealer (I use very little concealer, so it's not time consuming). The large brush makes it good for blending harsh crease shadows softly above my crease.
Angled crease brush - WAAY too big for my crease. I use this to blend harsh crease lines as well, and the shape's also good if you want to just have the shadow in the crease area and not above.
Highlighting brush - Great for blending. It's not super fluffy, but it gets the job done. It also does what it's supposed to be used for well--highlighting. Gives precise application to my brow bone area.
Petite eye shading brush - For my small lid space, it's perfect for depositing eyeshadows. Also good for REALLY precise brow bone highlight.
Smudge brush - Awesome for lining my bottom lashline and of course, smudging. If you want a subtle eyeliner look, use this brush to softly line the upper lashline. You can also use this for inner corner highlighting. :)
The pouch is also helpful if you want to bring along some makeup for touching up at school or work. I highly recommend this to anyone who just needs a cheaper alternative to high-end brushes (but still nearly have the same quality). It's great for traveling, too. :D I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this when they start to get old...which is probably a long time from now since every time I use them, the more they stay just as new! (Oh, also I recommend washing these every few days or weekly.)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

I love the size of these brushes everyone is useable, love the packaging, love the price, doesn't shed, they are descent at blending not WOW but just ok blending job. I have pretty small eyes and not very much lid space and these are tiny enough to let me get a perfect eye look with my shadows! For the price it's a must!! Great travel brushes to get in your purse for touch ups!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

It's great for what you pay for. Ten dollars for five great brushes!

The littlest brush is perfect for getting eye shadow in the inner corners to highlight the inner corners of the eye or for lining the bottom lashline with eye shadow.

The second smallest brush (the shading brush) is perfect for applying eyeshadow, esp cream eye shadows. I did the entire lid with an eye liner that lasted all day and looked super sexy with my Stila Tiger's Eye pencil (very smooth and creamy eye liner) and this brush. I smudged it out with this shading brush and also used it to line under my eye with this same brush! Super nice look. Can also do this and then pack on a little highlight on the first half of lid.

The middle brush looks like a stubby Mac 217, but the Mac 217 of course is a better brush. The Mac 217 has a sharper angle with the brush, so it's easier to get eye shadow on the first half of the lid. With this brush, it's not as sharp and a tad bigger, so some gets above the lid, which is what I don't want. Overall, harder to control than my 217 definitely, so I probably will not be getting a lot of use out of this brush. I do feel it can perform adequately and you can wipe the excess off the lid if you are in financial straits.

The fourth biggest brush is great (angled crease) for applying highlight to cheeks. Powdered highlighter. It says it's for the crease, but it seems a little too big for that. I'd rather use the middle brush for the crease, if any of these.

The last brush is the big eye brush, and it's the biggest of them all. Nobody's eye is this big, and this brush makes the most sense as a concealer brush. It will be really great esp if you want to try the Kim Kardashian conceal look with light concealer triangles under both eyes. Would work well for covering rosacea, maybe not as good concealing blemishes since it is so big.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This has all the eyeshadow brushes I need!!!! They are all such high quality for such a low price. I haven't had any problems with shedding or scratchiness, that often comes with cheaper brushes. EcoTools is becoming a new favorite brand of mine. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkIcing1

Love these brushes! They are so fluffy, feel great on my lids, and never lose bristles. I love how great of a job they do blending shadows. The case they come in is nice too!