July 22, 2014 | 2091 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by aqualeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great quality, extremely soft, durable, long lasting, and as good as high end brushes, if not better!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Love this kit! I have had this for four years now. I like small brushes that I can easily put into my makeup bag. I predominantly only use the highlight brush and smudge brush. I normally only use four brushes daily and they my Eco Tools highlight and smudge brush, sephora eyeshadow brush, and Urban decay's karma brush from the Naked 1 palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by asianpandaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An amazing eye brush set for beginners. I got the one with just the brushes in a pouch because my Target didn't have the one with a case. <:1
Pros:
- SUPER SOFT! :)
- Never seem to shed.
- The bamboo is really nice and makes it an easy grip.
- The brushes are travel-size, which was perfect for my small lid space.
Cons:
None! :)
I found uses for ALL the brushes, in case you have trouble finding something to do about the two larger brushes.
Large eye brush - It's great for applying a nude powder base all over the lid. In some cases when I have less time to get ready and can't use my fingers, I use it to blend my concealer (I use very little concealer, so it's not time consuming). The large brush makes it good for blending harsh crease shadows softly above my crease.
Angled crease brush - WAAY too big for my crease. I use this to blend harsh crease lines as well, and the shape's also good if you want to just have the shadow in the crease area and not above.
Highlighting brush - Great for blending. It's not super fluffy, but it gets the job done. It also does what it's supposed to be used for well--highlighting. Gives precise application to my brow bone area.
Petite eye shading brush - For my small lid space, it's perfect for depositing eyeshadows. Also good for REALLY precise brow bone highlight.
Smudge brush - Awesome for lining my bottom lashline and of course, smudging. If you want a subtle eyeliner look, use this brush to softly line the upper lashline. You can also use this for inner corner highlighting. :)
The pouch is also helpful if you want to bring along some makeup for touching up at school or work. I highly recommend this to anyone who just needs a cheaper alternative to high-end brushes (but still nearly have the same quality). It's great for traveling, too. :D I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this when they start to get old...which is probably a long time from now since every time I use them, the more they stay just as new! (Oh, also I recommend washing these every few days or weekly.)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

I love the size of these brushes everyone is useable, love the packaging, love the price, doesn't shed, they are descent at blending not WOW but just ok blending job. I have pretty small eyes and not very much lid space and these are tiny enough to let me get a perfect eye look with my shadows! For the price it's a must!! Great travel brushes to get in your purse for touch ups!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

It's great for what you pay for. Ten dollars for five great brushes!

The littlest brush is perfect for getting eye shadow in the inner corners to highlight the inner corners of the eye or for lining the bottom lashline with eye shadow.

The second smallest brush (the shading brush) is perfect for applying eyeshadow, esp cream eye shadows. I did the entire lid with an eye liner that lasted all day and looked super sexy with my Stila Tiger's Eye pencil (very smooth and creamy eye liner) and this brush. I smudged it out with this shading brush and also used it to line under my eye with this same brush! Super nice look. Can also do this and then pack on a little highlight on the first half of lid.

The middle brush looks like a stubby Mac 217, but the Mac 217 of course is a better brush. The Mac 217 has a sharper angle with the brush, so it's easier to get eye shadow on the first half of the lid. With this brush, it's not as sharp and a tad bigger, so some gets above the lid, which is what I don't want. Overall, harder to control than my 217 definitely, so I probably will not be getting a lot of use out of this brush. I do feel it can perform adequately and you can wipe the excess off the lid if you are in financial straits.

The fourth biggest brush is great (angled crease) for applying highlight to cheeks. Powdered highlighter. It says it's for the crease, but it seems a little too big for that. I'd rather use the middle brush for the crease, if any of these.

The last brush is the big eye brush, and it's the biggest of them all. Nobody's eye is this big, and this brush makes the most sense as a concealer brush. It will be really great esp if you want to try the Kim Kardashian conceal look with light concealer triangles under both eyes. Would work well for covering rosacea, maybe not as good concealing blemishes since it is so big.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This has all the eyeshadow brushes I need!!!! They are all such high quality for such a low price. I haven't had any problems with shedding or scratchiness, that often comes with cheaper brushes. EcoTools is becoming a new favorite brand of mine. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkIcing1

Love these brushes! They are so fluffy, feel great on my lids, and never lose bristles. I love how great of a job they do blending shadows. The case they come in is nice too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by YENSUONG

I love this set! I use this set daily to do my eye makeup. it's so convience and small, I wash them a lot with dish washing soap and they never shred on me. They are very cute yet high quality! I wish they make more brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by pinaychic204

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this 5 brush eye kit because it was one of the top 2 picks of a respected and very well known blogger. I have to admit, I agree with a couple of the commenters about the use of the two huge brushes (blend & crease). Although, maybe it is also because I'm a novice when it comes to make-up. Still learning my way around applying eye make-up and everything else in between. The quality of the brushes are great! Although, I've only compared it to E.L.F., these are definitely so much better. Would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by JesB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't think of one bad thing to say about these eye shadow brushes. I know a lot of peoples complaints were that the brushes were just shaped so weirdly and albeit the fact that they are great quality, they couldn't find uses for them. I just did a look using the Naked Basics palette and used all 5 brushes the kit came with. The Large Eye brush is huge, but it's great for packing on lighter colors. The Angled Crease brush sweeps color beautifully on the outer third of your eye. The highlighting brush is actually an amazing crease brush and it blends shadows beautifully. The Smudge Brush is actually a great pencil brush if you want to take a darker color and make a nice defined V on your outer eye and the Petite Eye Shading Brush can pack color into smaller spaces on your eye (I used it to deposite more color into the V that I created with the Smudge Brush and then blended it all out with the Highlighting Brush). They don't shed or fall apart. I love the length of the handles because it gives better control to where your depositing the shadow colors and the price is amazing! This was around $7.98 at walmart. These are the best brushes I've ever used alongside MAC and Real Techniques.