August 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Loose Powders - Mattify! Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by trharvey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

To start - I have super oily skin. I have spent the last 2 years seaching for something to reduce my shine and help my foundation stay on longer. I have been using the Ultra formula for the past 2 days and all I can say is WOW! Could this be my HG in my makeup kit??? The first day I used it before and after applying L'Oreal Infallible. I saw a small amount of shine after about 4 hours. All it took was a quick touch up and I was good for the rest of the day and evening. The second day I used it before and after applying Ulta mineral makeup. I had no shine all day. While I am not impressed with the Ulta mineral makeup (I will be returning it later this week) I LOVE the Mattify! powder. I have a pile of MMU samples that I loved but didn't continue using because of the shine I would have within minutes of applying them. I have taken them out and I am going to try them again with Mattify!.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by pennygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not able to find a spot to write a review on the Mattify! Ultra, but figured this would do. Many months ago, I tried their original Mattify!, and it worked good Ė still better than any other matte powder I have ever used. It would keep the oil down for like 2 hours. Then I tried the Ultra last month and OMG!!! I didnít have to do a touch up for 4 hours. That has never happened since I was a pre-teen. I swear my skin is the oiliest in the world, and every year I try to buy the latest stuff for oily skin. I am always disappointed. But not this time!

I read that other personís review saying the original didnít work well, and that they were afraid to try the Ultra because of silicone. So far Iíve been using this for around a month, and havenít gotten any breakouts from it. My breakouts have actually gone away since I started using the Mattify before my makeup, so I donít think it will cause acne. Itís probably fine unless you are specifically allergic to silicone. Apparently I have no allergy to silicone, but I am very allergic to Bismuth. Almost all mineral makeup and mineral veil products have Bismuth and so I canít wear them. The Mattify Powders have no Bismuth, so they are perfect for me.

Anyways, I couldnít be happier to have found this product. When you deal with oily skin every single day it gets beyond frustrating. I was seriously beginning to think I would never ever find anything that would stop the oil. This makes my face look like itís totally flawless when I put it over my makeup. And my skin is far from flawless (acne scars, freckles). It blurs all the imperfections, and even hides my large pores. Iíve never written a review for anything before, but I read them religiously before buying products. This one is review worthy, and I would give a hug to whoever invented this. It has improved my life and my looks beyond measure!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by jessica147

I hate to be the first negative review on here, but this did not work for me! I have very oily skin. And by that I mean it will get oily within an hour or two of washing it/ putting on makeup.
I was so excited when it came in the mail. It was super cheap, shipping was extremely fast (ordered on a thursday, came on a Monday or Tuesday). Since i have very oily skin, I applied this before my foundation, and after foundation. During school, I noticed zero change. My face still got just as oily as before. The packaging could also be improved. The actual container it comes in should be a little wider or something, because my makeup brush barely fits in there.

Maybe I should try the Ultra Loose powder, but the ingredients seem very irritating (silicone).
The only good thing about this, is it does make your face look very fresh and "matte" immediately after applying, but after a few hours it has no effect :(

**EDIT** I did end up trying the Ultra Loose powder, and it worked so much better. I stopped using it though because It was almost *too* matte, and my face looked super dry after applying. I now use Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I do have a tip though: Use the mattify powder on your eyelids before putting on eyeshadow (if you have oily lids like me) it works at keeping your eyeshadow in place. It's amazing for that purpose!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by makeuplvr83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally, something that makes the oiliness go away! A friend told me to check it out after she read the reviews on MUA, so thanks to her I've found an awesome powder and MUA! I have such oily skin that my makeup gets all greasy like 10 minutes after I put it on. When I put the Mattify Powder on underneath, my face looks matte for almost two hours. That's a world record for me! Then, when it gets a little oily, I just put some more mattify on, and am shine free for 2 or 3 more hours. All other powders I have tried look so fake and orange, but the Mattify is totally clear and natural looking. My friend bought the one called original, but I bought the ULTRA since I'm so super oily. I love this stuff! And it is cheap too, 12 bucks I think. Am eternally happy for this product. It has made a big difference to my daily makeup routine and its great to not have to touch up every half hour with those stupid oil blot papers! This is a must use powder if you're oily!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pixelpanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After seeing a few rave reviews on this and seeing the cheap price, I decided to buy it hoping that it could help with my frying pan of a face. My skin is dehydrated, but instead of being really dry, it gets super oily in compensation of the lack of moisture in my skin. I get oily an hour after I wash my face! TT______TT

When I first applied it, my face looked like I had normal skin (yay!). However, this thing will cling to dry areas of your face! Just be aware of that if you have combination skin. Although this kept me from having to blot every hour, my T-zone was still shiny within 3 hours. I will still be using this as a setting powder for my foundation until I run out or until I can get my hands on another (hopefully inexpensive) mattifier.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by candy1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I donít even know how to describe the awesomeness of this product! For years Iíve looked for something that would soak up all the oil on my face, and am so sick of wasting money on stuff that doesnít work. A friend of mine had ordered this because of a review she saw here on MUA and let me use some while we were out at a club a few weeks ago. I used my powder puff from my regular compact and patted it all over my face. After 4 hours of dancing, I barely looked shiny at all. Itís a new record for me! I would usually have to use oil blotting sheets at least every hour, and even though they claim to not disturb makeup, they would make my foundation fade and I would have to reapply it. This Mattify powder doesnít cause makeup to fade at all, and keeps the face dry and shine free. It looks white at first when you apply it, but if you pat the powder puff onto your skin a bunch of times, the white shade goes away and nobody can tell youíre wearing the powder. I usually use Cover Girl colored powder, but that looks dark and kind of muddy after using it several times. It feels thick and heavy too. What I like about the Mattify powder is that itís light weight and totally invisible. I bought one for my purse, my car, my desk, and for home because I never want to be without this powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by animalgrl5

Mattify! does seem to do a pretty good job at controlling my oil, but after a few hours I do get very shiny on my T-zone. However, though I get shiny, the oil doesn't cake on itself like with other powders. There's just the initial shine and that's it. It also doesn't make my foundation cake (I'm using Revlon Colorstay). The price is good, but because it's a loose powder it is pretty messy. It does a good job of controlling excess oil, and looks completely natural, though, so I'll buy this product again. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by marjorie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loose powder made from kaolin clay and cornstarch. Little goes a long way. Very cheap. Only thing that has truly ever worked for any period of time on my oily skin. Keeps the shiny away well past lunch. No sensitivities. Translucent on my skin but dark skinned ladies may have issue. Can find at www.mattifycosmetics.com.