Sonia Kashuk Brightening Powder

3.7

Contains: Talc, Silica, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Zeolite, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Laureth-4, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylparaben, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, BHT, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

on 8/13/2012 10:52:00 AM

I quite like this powder, since my HG powderflage is no longer sold in stores I decided to try this. I find it works just as well as powderflage, it sets my concealer perfectly and doesn't cake at all. It adds minimal brightening, and it is very smooth. Unfortunately, I loathe the packaging! It is so bulky and strange. I don't need a compact or a sponge, and it takes ages for me to shake out the powder, which generally results in a big mess. It also leaks out of the side of the compact even when it is set to the "closed" position. I transferred it to my empty powderflage container, but I am moving on to LM secret brightening powder after this is gone. It would really be much handier if it was just in a little jar, but if you can suck it up and deal with it, the product inside is pretty great.

on 11/1/2011 10:49:00 PM

I use this product so set my under eye concealer with an eco tools eye shadow brush and I love how much it brightens my look! It's lasted me a super long time and doesn't look cakey.

on 4/27/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I originally wanted to buy Benefit's Powderflauge to set my undereye concealer, but when I looked at the price ($28.00) I was a little hesitant. So I was at Target one day and saw this, thought I'd try it and it does have a brightening effect. Very small shimmeries, but hardly even noticable when you put it on, I use a soft fluffy brush instead of the puff. I will continue to buy this over the years. I have to say though, the packaging is annoying sometimes, kind of big for travel, and when you initally open it, DO NOT take the sticker all the way off! If you do, all the powder spills everywhere, even if closed. I had to cut a piece of tape and cover half of the holes so that so much wouldn't come out anymore.. but overall, great product!

on 4/27/2011 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have under eye circles. While they aren't the worse out there they're pretty obvious. I've attempted to cover them up but nothing seems to work. I thought I'd try a brightening powder. This does not work. I applied it over my concealers (yes I use more than one) and no brightening. Nothing. Maybe I got a dud. I don't know but it didn't do anything. The L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Concealer is more of a "brightener" than this product! At least that product did something for my circles. This didn't. It's a waste of time and money.

on 4/25/2011 11:13:00 AM

I love this powder! I use it to set my undereye concealer. It appears sparkley in the container, but when applied, it leaves a nice shimmer that's not overly noticeable. I really feel like it brightens my dark circles, in addition to setting my concealer. I apply with the included puff and since I use such a small amount each time, the container is going to last a while. Will repurchase!

on 6/13/2010 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff rocks! It is the exact same as Laura Mercier Brightening Powder for a fraction of the price. The trick is to apply it with a concealer brush. It is very finely milled and does not sink into lines or pores. I extend it down onto the top of my cheeks if I want a little more glam. And we all need lots of glam, right?!

on 6/11/2010 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this at Target yesterday in hopes that it would be a good undereye powder similar to the Benefit Powderflauge. It IS exactly the same as the Powderflauge EXCEPT it is a white powder instead of pink. So I mixed this powder with the powder I had been using under my eyes (Maybelline Mineral Power Finishing Veil Translucent Loose Powder) which is pink but not quite a fine as the powderflauge. It's a very good dupe! I love it! If you combine these 2 powders you get like 20 times as much for less than the price of 1 Powderflauge! Another bonus is that this comes with a sifter that you can actually close!

Recommended for Normal Skin