July 28, 2014 | 1827 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by neva4getu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This should have 3.5 from me.
I don't really tend to use highlighters to get that glowy look. Of course I like to look glowing, but the main purpose of highlighting my face is to bring out the features, and especially to make my cheek bones look higher. This product does not do that. At all. Maybe because it's a powder and somewhat subtle. All it does is to add a golden sheen to my face, which IS pretty, but just not what I was looking for. However, I find it beautiful on the cupid's bow and in the inner corners of my eyes for everyday.

When I layer the product on to get a more highlighted effect, it just looks cakey and unnatural. Also, it's very, very powdery and not that finely milled, which makes it "sit on the skin" and not melt into it. I was really excited to get this product because everyone was raving about it, but it did disappoint me.

If you like a glowy effect, just to pimp up your skin, this highlighter dusted very lightly on certain areas will do the job perfectly. If you want to sculpt and emphasize your features (but without looking like you are wearing tons of makeup) give it a miss.

Also, this product is not thaaaaat cheap. In my country it costs around 5 pounds or 7 dollars. Still inexpensive, but it is kind of in the same range as "drugstore/budget" brands price-wise. If it were 3 dollars, I wouldn't care.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by lilblacksky

This is a VERY yellow golden-sheen highlighter. Aside from being quite powdery, it applies and blends well on the face. However, I cannot recommend it for people with fair cool-toned skin like me. Instead of a natural, from-within "melded into skin" glow, it just looked rather odd and "off", like I dusted yellow shimmer on my cheeks. Which is, technically, what I did, I know, but still it looked so .. odd, like I had yellow blush on. I was not going for the sallow look. I have tried using it as eyeshadow but it is much too sheer to be used as such. There isn't much opaque base, really all you get is a sheer overlay of yellow shimmer. I think this will be a very flattering product for golden toned beauties but it doesn't work for me at all. At least it was cheap!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

Great product! I have been using for about 6 months now and haven't reached for my NARS Albatross since stumbling upon this gem. For $3 you can't go wrong. So far I have only been able to find on the ELF website.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is a great highlighter, and I've read all over that it is a dupe for NARS's Albatross. It costs $23 less than Albatross does, so I think that's pretty awesome! A tiny bit goes a long way, and you can definitely overdo it if you apply too much. I like to use a fan brush, and put a little sweep of this on the top of each cheekbone, on my brown bones, and even a little dab right down the center of my nose. It gives my skin a cashmere, candlelit glow. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by 03Lauren

I really like this product. It is actually my favorite highlighter at the moment.
- /Nars Albatross: I do not own the Nars one but have used it, a friend does have it. I honestly would never choose such an expensive option over this ELF one only because of the minor differences between the 2. Search for the swatches online and you can already tell it's not that big of a deal I think. With a highlighter you don't want to put loads on really, all you need is a nice candlelit shimmer. And although the Nars one seems stronger, because of that I actually prefer this one. This one is a little warmer in my eyes aswell, Nars one has more silver to it, maybe even white.
- Packaging/quality: I think the packaging is adorable, can't get any better for the price especially. Quality of the product, yes it's a powder so be careful, do not go crazy with your brush over this because it will move around a little. Nothing else to it, I think it's good quality.
- Finish/lasting: I'm in love with the color, perfect peachy gold shine. Buildable if you like, I personally like to use a minimum amount, when it just shows up when the light catches it. Really stays on great. Looks especially fantastic with a peachy gold blush.

Would recommend this product if you're looking for a glowing cute highlighter. Personally got lots of compliments wearing this, asked many times what product it is, which is always a bonus. Doubt if people would notice if I switched to the Nars one but each their own preferences. I love this product on me and I would repurchase, can't go wrong with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a white with gold shimmer highlighter and a dupe for the much-coveted NARS Albatross. Beautiful on fair skin, although Gotta Glow is slightly more chalky/powdery than NARS. For $23 price difference ($26 vs. $3) I can't complain. Packaging is the typical ELF Studio - sleek black plastic. I typically purchase higher-end makeup (Chanel, Guerlain, Julie Hewett, MAC) but I'm obsessed with ELF & all their high-end "dupe" products. Overall I love this as a highlighter and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I really love the glow this gives to my face, it's a subtle light gold sheen and looks amazing on the cheek bones. It is quite powdery but it's not chalky when applied so I don't mind that and for the price I can't complain. A great affordable highlight for pretty much any skin tone and it's identical to NARS Albatross in shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by amandatumpach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this bad boy in a swap which I was extremely excited about! I noticed on the eyeslipsface website they added new items and colors to existing items but had no luck finding any of em at my local target. This is similar to Nars Albatross which I also just got my hands on as of lately (from my generous bestie :). This is def no competition between the two because Nars is the better of the two but this is a great dupe! This is a yellow toned highlighter which I think compliments my pink undertone skin well. The packaging is nice and does what is intended - protects the product inside. On the down side this is powdery which is common in E.L.F. products. I don't mind with this being a cheap ($3). Also I feel in the transfer of the powder to the brush to my face it is not as nice as swatches I have seen. It takes about two layers to get the swatch color I was desiring. Even with this cons I don't think it is fair to deduct lippies because of the unbeatable price. Also knowing E.L.F. products myself I was not expecting Nars quality. I will probably repurchase this for the sole purpose of day to day use when I don't wanna waste my higher end makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This is my first yellow toned highlighter and I have to say that I really like it on my cheeks but not under the brow.I like how pale of a yellow it is so it looks more natural on the skin.This lasts all day on my skin even when the blush is long .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMISFIT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have become a Nars junkie over the last 6 months. I have always owned Nars products mainly blush and lip glosses but I didnt have the staple items I wanted. Albatross being one of them. I just couldnt see myself paying 28bucks for a white/glowing powder. I didnt want to buy the dupe from elf because I heard the quality sucked. After months and months of debating I chose to go with the elf gotta go blush. I recieved this 2 days ago and used it both days and hmmmmm..its very very powdery, more powdery than I expected. I know that sometimes u get what u pay for and im cool with that but this was a huge disappointment as far as quality go. But I will say, other than the huge mess it makes when u put my brush in it, it will work for now. The color is almost exact to albatross, and I love the glow it gives to my skin. It really is a great highlighter. I will not repuchase because after trying this blush, im sure Nars Albatross is worth the money as far as quality is concerned. For those on a budget, this is perfect and for those who want to splurge on nars, go for it :)
UPDATE: I have used this everyday since I purchased it and even though I have issues with the quality, overall I love the actual results this product gives. THE GLOW IS AMAZING!!!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No