January 28, 2015 | 933 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

First off I Luv highlighters! And this has become one of my faves(1st is Mac's Warmed Msf) I've had this a few yrs. I decide to get this after seeing a Woc YT review(Beautiful day Mua) It just looked very pretty after she applied it with a fan brush. She also compared it to Nars Albatross. Heart,Nars blushes,but as I read reviews for "brown skin" they were just ok. So I figured for a couple bucks,I can afford to try it out. In the pan it just looks like a plain,white,sparkly powder but when applied its lovely on. It's a peachy,gold with slight shimmer. It gives a awesome glow on Woc & it blends smoothly. Which looks like a warm gold color. I also like that the "shimmer" isn't chunky & makes you look like Disco fever. I don't by a lot of Ds products,but Elf has stepped it's game up with some of the Studio line. Maybe I should recommend Elf to my half sis,who always wants me to GIVE her my Mac items lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like using highlighters !! After some reviews i've decide to try this out !! Man i love this highlight it give the perfect glow. It has the perfect hint of of pink,gold,and lite brown shimmers in it. Perfect for the summer days or a night out with friends. I add it after i do my foundation,setting powder, then i add it for the finishing touch !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this blush is awesome!!!! NIce hilighter, gives an awesome glow, and I think the color is great, shows up awesome, builds up nicely for more shimmer, LOVE!!!!! and for the price you cannot beat it!!!! HIghly recommended!!! Definitely a new make up staple for me!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by rakelpetersen

Dissapointed! :( dosn't even show up on my NC25 skin... dont know why!?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best dupe out there for the very popular NARS Albatross highlighter. E.L.F.'s version is more chalky, not as finely milled as Albatross and has some minute trace of glitter. It blends like a dream and doesnt go on chalky. So dont let that stop you from trying this!. It is a great dupe and you can NOT beat the price. I wouldnt buy it again because now that I know I like it, I would much rather invest in Albatross. Use a light hand, a litte goes a long way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by neva4getu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This should have 3.5 from me.
I don't really tend to use highlighters to get that glowy look. Of course I like to look glowing, but the main purpose of highlighting my face is to bring out the features, and especially to make my cheek bones look higher. This product does not do that. At all. Maybe because it's a powder and somewhat subtle. All it does is to add a golden sheen to my face, which IS pretty, but just not what I was looking for. However, I find it beautiful on the cupid's bow and in the inner corners of my eyes for everyday.

When I layer the product on to get a more highlighted effect, it just looks cakey and unnatural. Also, it's very, very powdery and not that finely milled, which makes it "sit on the skin" and not melt into it. I was really excited to get this product because everyone was raving about it, but it did disappoint me.

If you like a glowy effect, just to pimp up your skin, this highlighter dusted very lightly on certain areas will do the job perfectly. If you want to sculpt and emphasize your features (but without looking like you are wearing tons of makeup) give it a miss.

Also, this product is not thaaaaat cheap. In my country it costs around 5 pounds or 7 dollars. Still inexpensive, but it is kind of in the same range as "drugstore/budget" brands price-wise. If it were 3 dollars, I wouldn't care.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by lilblacksky

This is a VERY yellow golden-sheen highlighter. Aside from being quite powdery, it applies and blends well on the face. However, I cannot recommend it for people with fair cool-toned skin like me. Instead of a natural, from-within "melded into skin" glow, it just looked rather odd and "off", like I dusted yellow shimmer on my cheeks. Which is, technically, what I did, I know, but still it looked so .. odd, like I had yellow blush on. I was not going for the sallow look. I have tried using it as eyeshadow but it is much too sheer to be used as such. There isn't much opaque base, really all you get is a sheer overlay of yellow shimmer. I think this will be a very flattering product for golden toned beauties but it doesn't work for me at all. At least it was cheap!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

Great product! I have been using for about 6 months now and haven't reached for my NARS Albatross since stumbling upon this gem. For $3 you can't go wrong. So far I have only been able to find on the ELF website.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is a great highlighter, and I've read all over that it is a dupe for NARS's Albatross. It costs $23 less than Albatross does, so I think that's pretty awesome! A tiny bit goes a long way, and you can definitely overdo it if you apply too much. I like to use a fan brush, and put a little sweep of this on the top of each cheekbone, on my brown bones, and even a little dab right down the center of my nose. It gives my skin a cashmere, candlelit glow. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by 03Lauren

I really like this product. It is actually my favorite highlighter at the moment.
- /Nars Albatross: I do not own the Nars one but have used it, a friend does have it. I honestly would never choose such an expensive option over this ELF one only because of the minor differences between the 2. Search for the swatches online and you can already tell it's not that big of a deal I think. With a highlighter you don't want to put loads on really, all you need is a nice candlelit shimmer. And although the Nars one seems stronger, because of that I actually prefer this one. This one is a little warmer in my eyes aswell, Nars one has more silver to it, maybe even white.
- Packaging/quality: I think the packaging is adorable, can't get any better for the price especially. Quality of the product, yes it's a powder so be careful, do not go crazy with your brush over this because it will move around a little. Nothing else to it, I think it's good quality.
- Finish/lasting: I'm in love with the color, perfect peachy gold shine. Buildable if you like, I personally like to use a minimum amount, when it just shows up when the light catches it. Really stays on great. Looks especially fantastic with a peachy gold blush.

Would recommend this product if you're looking for a glowing cute highlighter. Personally got lots of compliments wearing this, asked many times what product it is, which is always a bonus. Doubt if people would notice if I switched to the Nars one but each their own preferences. I love this product on me and I would repurchase, can't go wrong with this one.