April 18, 2014 | 1833 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by itcouldbesteph

I ran out of my Chanel loose powder and didn't have enough money to restock so I thought I'd buy this to tide me over until pay day. BIG mistake. This stuff is HORRIBLE. There is actually not one good thing I can say about it. It made my skin look blotchy, uneven and dry, then it made my skin oily (I don't have oily skin) and the packaging is terrible with no screw on lid. I bought it in light and it was very yellow.
If you have had the misfortune of buying this by accident, throw it away!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by bellajenna87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this powder. I bought it in light and it goes very well with my skin tone. It adds that extra bit of coverage, which I really like, and it looks really good right after I applied my makeup. That being said, it does NOTHING to control my oil. Two hours later and I've got a slight oil slick happening and I have to blot. Another two to four hours later, after blotting, I've got another oil slick happening. It's very frustrating considering this product is called "Shine Free Oil Control."

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really bad acne scars and VERY sensitive skin and I love this stuff. All other mineral make up that I've tried breaks me out because of the Bismeth (?) that is in it! I use this in combination with my estee lauder double wear as concealer and it works fantastic!!! I would buy again and It's affordable. lasts for a long time too!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by waasp

BIG W didn't have light so I had to get medium and it's way too dark for my skin and makes me look orange. I have really oily skin and it didn't do anything for it either.The packaging looks quiet cheap and I don't like the application tool that comes with it (I just used a fluffy brush instead) and I hated how flimsy the lid was.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by evanell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is great. It's a great finishing powder & can be used as just a powder for everyday wear. Great for oil control & setting. The only problem I found only just recently is I started usuing the pressed powder compact Maybelline FITME which is.. ok if you are buffing it on but these 2 products did not work well together It ended up accentuating the fine hairs on my face and sitting strangely with a shine on the skin. The Shine Free Oil control powder worked fantastically with Maybelline Minderal foundation though. No troublesand sit on my face nicely. Otherwise this product is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by itscattt

I have this in the light shade and i use it to set my foundation. I just pour some powder onto the lid and use a big fluffy brush to apply. I use the sponge to apply underneath my eyes to set my concealer. It costs less than 10 dollars and it last me a while, i would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by beautynglam301

Love this loose powder! I was looking for a cheap one.. Since I know lot of people swear my NARS, and other high end brands.. I didn't want to spend so much money on a loose powder.. So after doing my research I finally decided to try this! I love it! It comes with a lil puff which is a bit annoying to hold.. but overall I love the powder, it doesn't make my face oily or shiny... I use it after my liquid foundation.. MUST TRY GIRLSSS!!! great powder for less $$!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by reneesonglover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is okay. I mean, I like it but I'm not crazy about it or anything. It does have a very matte finish that makes my skin look nice, but the puff that comes in the packaging is, no offence, but it's kind of awful. It works with pressed powder, but it's terrible with this product, so I usually use my own brush. In general, this product is okay and i recommend purchasing your own brush before you apply this on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by MeganIsNotMegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG powder :) I can't rave about it enough. It's absolutely perfect in every way. Sets beautifully. Great matte finish. Lasts all day. Controls oil. Has a hint of coverage, and it just makes my face look GOOD. Awesome packaging, nice puff, great price, a lot of product. And NO SPARKLES! I will never use another powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by mallorylovesgorillaz

I use to buy this product until they ran out of it, and I got something else which was complete crap. After walking around in Mega-Wal-Mart for an hour I finally stumbled across this and got so happy. This time I bought the lightest shade they had, and I hope I am still as happy with the product as I was before. I can't use it yet, because I just washed my face and I am going to sleep, but tomorrow, we'll see. (: