August 20, 2014 | 1385 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by mantharay27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the products that goes unnoticed a lot... found it on the bottom shelf. Nothing flashy, either. But I really like it.

First of all, there's only two shades, meaning it doesn't give a whole lot of coverage. However, it has an airbrushed quality to it that kind of blurs out imperfections without getting too cakey. Powders tend to look bad on me (as do foundations) because my skin has lots of little bumps on it, but this doesn't accentuate it.

It has a soft matte finish as it claims on the packaging. It's quite a pretty finish, but for those who are super oily it might not last all day. I use it over an spf 100 sunscreen, so I would say it does a pretty decent job of keeping things on the glowy side and not on the greasy side. I also really like it over my bare minerals original foundation. The two of them together guarantee all day shine control and a wonderful finish that just gets better as the day goes on.

The price is pretty good and you get a good amount of product-- you don't need a lot. I don't really recommend the sponge, but a good kabuki brush should do the job. The packaging might seem a little weird to others, but i quite like it. If you're looking for a super-matte, high coverage powder, this is definitely not for you. I like it because it looks natural and airbrushed at the same time, thus the 5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by godudicas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Its not perfect but it literally is the only thing I have found to help control the oil on my face for a little while longer. It's a horrible foundation if you use it on its own because the colour is orange and it can look really chalky if you apply too much. What works for me however is if I use another powder foundation to cover my whole face then I lightly dust this on top of my T zone using a fluffy brush. This way it acts more as a translucent powder and gets rid of shine straight away! After discovering that this technique works for me I don't think I could ever live without it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by itcouldbesteph

I ran out of my Chanel loose powder and didn't have enough money to restock so I thought I'd buy this to tide me over until pay day. BIG mistake. This stuff is HORRIBLE. There is actually not one good thing I can say about it. It made my skin look blotchy, uneven and dry, then it made my skin oily (I don't have oily skin) and the packaging is terrible with no screw on lid. I bought it in light and it was very yellow.
If you have had the misfortune of buying this by accident, throw it away!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by bellajenna87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this powder. I bought it in light and it goes very well with my skin tone. It adds that extra bit of coverage, which I really like, and it looks really good right after I applied my makeup. That being said, it does NOTHING to control my oil. Two hours later and I've got a slight oil slick happening and I have to blot. Another two to four hours later, after blotting, I've got another oil slick happening. It's very frustrating considering this product is called "Shine Free Oil Control."

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really bad acne scars and VERY sensitive skin and I love this stuff. All other mineral make up that I've tried breaks me out because of the Bismeth (?) that is in it! I use this in combination with my estee lauder double wear as concealer and it works fantastic!!! I would buy again and It's affordable. lasts for a long time too!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by waasp

BIG W didn't have light so I had to get medium and it's way too dark for my skin and makes me look orange. I have really oily skin and it didn't do anything for it either.The packaging looks quiet cheap and I don't like the application tool that comes with it (I just used a fluffy brush instead) and I hated how flimsy the lid was.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by evanell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is great. It's a great finishing powder & can be used as just a powder for everyday wear. Great for oil control & setting. The only problem I found only just recently is I started usuing the pressed powder compact Maybelline FITME which is.. ok if you are buffing it on but these 2 products did not work well together It ended up accentuating the fine hairs on my face and sitting strangely with a shine on the skin. The Shine Free Oil control powder worked fantastically with Maybelline Minderal foundation though. No troublesand sit on my face nicely. Otherwise this product is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by itscattt

I have this in the light shade and i use it to set my foundation. I just pour some powder onto the lid and use a big fluffy brush to apply. I use the sponge to apply underneath my eyes to set my concealer. It costs less than 10 dollars and it last me a while, i would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by beautynglam301

Love this loose powder! I was looking for a cheap one.. Since I know lot of people swear my NARS, and other high end brands.. I didn't want to spend so much money on a loose powder.. So after doing my research I finally decided to try this! I love it! It comes with a lil puff which is a bit annoying to hold.. but overall I love the powder, it doesn't make my face oily or shiny... I use it after my liquid foundation.. MUST TRY GIRLSSS!!! great powder for less $$!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by reneesonglover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is okay. I mean, I like it but I'm not crazy about it or anything. It does have a very matte finish that makes my skin look nice, but the puff that comes in the packaging is, no offence, but it's kind of awful. It works with pressed powder, but it's terrible with this product, so I usually use my own brush. In general, this product is okay and i recommend purchasing your own brush before you apply this on your face.