December 19, 2014 | 1153 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatifix Fresh Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by pierydys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This, you guys, is awesome stuff. Remember those OMGHIVESONMYFACE moments I talked about a while back? Yeah, I had one recently while testing out an as-yet-to-be-reviewed serum. Like, seriously, I ended up giving myself an unintentional chemical peel, my face was so blotchy, red and gross. Like a sunburn, only I hadnít really been outside enough for one of those. Given, I suspect this was the result of pregnancy-related oversensitivity, hence why I havenít officially reviewed the product that caused it yet.

So anyway, there I was, staring at the mirror and wondering what I could possibly do to stop the burning, short of squeezing an entire tube of aloe vera on my face. Then I remember that I have an ice cube tray filled with Lush face masks. Bingo! I say ďrememberĒ, btw, because I had only recently unearthed them while foraging in the freezer for a snack. They were from last September, when Iíd traded in my accumulated plastic Lush pots (which the hubby kept trying to throw out and I kept rescuing and saying ďNo, I NEED those!Ē) for a couple of free pots of fresh facial masks back in California. Knowing that I wouldnít use them before the expiration date, I froze them and then promptly forgot about them for more than half a year. So itís not like this stuff was brand spankiní new, though I suppose suspended animation is close enough.

Right, so back to traumatic facial burning sensations. I hurriedly popped out a cube of Oatifix and scurried back to the bathroom. It wasnít frozen solid, exactly, due to the oils and such, but was more like a stiff dough. It warmed up pretty fast with a bit of kneading in my hands and I hastily slathered it onto my washed and very unhappy skin. The burning didnít go away immediately, but the coldness definitely helped ó this stuff should ideally be kept in the fridge if not just frozen immediately. Besides keeping the ingredients fresh, the cold is super soothing for moments like these. Then I sat for 10 minutes and let the oats and bananas (both good for calming sensitive skin) do their thing.

And it worked! Okay, it was a bit of an effort washing the semi-cakey goop off my face with warm water, but I could feel the layer of moisture that had soaked as soon as I dried off. And the redness was gone! Thank you, oatmeal. I knew the stuff worked on eczema, so it wasnít that far a stretch. I smoothed on a layer of Philosophyís Hope in a Jar (one of the most dependably gentle moisturizers I could never live without, especially in moments like these) and walked back out of the bathroom looking significantly less like I had a tomato for a face.

Qualification: Itís not like either of these products work miracles or anything ó my face did start drying out again about four hours later, and I had to keep touching up with moisturizer for the rest of the evening as flaky spots returned. But the redness was definitely calmed and I was no longer flailing in agony, so thatís always a plus. Please note that I was indeed dealing with injured skin, so it wasnít exactly the normal situation the makers of this product probably imagined. I used the mask again for the next three consecutive mornings, slapping it on for 10 minutes before showering, then letting it steam for the rest of my shower before gently washing it off (you can massage it off for extra exfoliation, but I didnít exactly need any help in that department, what with the PEELING and all). With the help of aggressive moisturizing, Iím this mask helped heal my face in days rather than the typical week it takes me to recover from one of these incidents.

Verdict: It works! It works! Sadly, we do not have a brick-and-mortar Lush shop in our vicinity. Heck, thereís only one in the entire country, if I remember correctly, and itís more than a three hour drive away. Online shopping through the local distributor is hideously expensive so I only do one big order a year, if Iím desperate for something and not able to buy it during one of our out-of-country trips to places where I would regularly stock up. So while I will definitely be trading in my steadily accumulating black pots for more of this stuff whenever I get a chance, I will probably have to look into making a DIY version now that I have used up my supply. But wow, was it ever put to good use. Thanks, Lush!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by MeganLouise59

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Can't say this mask did a great deal for me :/ Was difficult to put on and it didn't help my dry skin and burnt when I had it on my face... Product was quite pricey and use by date was only a fortnight after I bought it. The smell is good but that's really all I can say it has going for it, will not be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Mackleman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smelt lovely, but did nothing for me.
It smells like a nice banana milkshake- fantastic to wear. It has a very thick texture which i found hard to spread on straight out of the fridge, i would usually let it warm a little before using it.
I have very dry skin with flakiness and redness on my face, so i thought being a product for sensitive dry skin this would be the go.
It did nothing for dryness. It made my flaky patches worse and actually stung those patches quite a bit when left on. When I took it off the rest of my skin felt smooth and exfoliated, but not hydrated.
Not a fan and if you have very dry skin, I wouldn't bother.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Ccal2710

I mean it when I say this mask is extremely hydrating. Whenever I notice my skin is getting dry - as it tends to do every now and then - I pop this mask on my face and my skin is instantly moisturised. So if you're looking for a moisture-boosting mask then this is perfect. I've taken a lippie off because unfortunately it is really messy to apply (it actually looks quite gross on but I don't mind because it works wonders for me). I'll shop around for other good hydrating masks just to see what else is out there but I don't really have a reason not to repurchase this. I do stress though that this mask is probably ideal for those with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by l0laxc0la

I used to not believe in that whole "objectum sexuality" stuff until I found Oatifix and now I'm pretty sure I'm in love with a face mask.... seriously though

I was drawn to Oatifix online because its hydrating, preservative-free (I avoid parabens), and contains oatmeal, which I know is great for eczema from all the oatmeal baths I took as a little kid. Also, it's not too expensive which is awesome. So I went to the store to check it out and the second I smelled it I knew I had to have it... It literally smells like banana bread batter... Incredible. [Sometime's I'll do the freeman's chocolate strawberry mask before this one and it's like I'm baking.. on my face]

Anyway, my skin is incredbily dry and reactive to almost everything so I was a bit terrified to put this on my face, but the patch test went well, and the rest is history. I haven't found a product yet that soothes and heals my itchy, flaky winter skin like this one, leaving my skin smooth but without clogging my pores. I noticed it has clay as an ingredient so maybe that counterbalances all the oils? Unclear but I'm going with it. But if you have crazy dry sensitive skin like me, give this a try!! Just make sure to do a spot test first to see if you're allergic to any of the fragrance they include.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Beeebee

I barely got this mask yesterday and after washing it off my skin feels way more moisturized and looks brighter and feels soo soft! It smells so good, I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Oatifix has to be one of my most favorite masks from Lush. It smells soooooo good...like banana bread, and it's one of the most moisturizing masks I've found. I put it on after a shower 1 or 2 times a week and my skin always feels baby butt soft right after. Will continue to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This has been my go to moisturizing mask, especially during the cooler months, and I love it. It smells so comforting and delicious......Christmasy! The texture is kinda lumpy, and a bit tricky to smooth over the face. Doesn't dry hard. Very moisturizing! Warning:: it smells incredible, but try not to be tempted into using it everyday until its gone!! Lol. It might clog your pores up a bit like it did me..hehe. If you use about two times a week, you'll be good. I would highly recommend this mask. Great mask at a great price.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Oatfix along with Cupcake. Oatfix has a great smell. The texture is very gooey (for me) and upon slabbing the product on my face, the little blobs of oatmeal tend to slide off. I noticed that it helped give my skin a glowy complexion. My skin was also softer and more hydrated. I'm not sure if it's just LUSH Taiwan, but the product I had was barely half-filled...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by FatalGrace

First of all, let me start by telling you about my skin condition.
lately i've been using creams for acne and it left my skin extremely dry, to the point where you see bits of skin flaking all over my face.
after 4-5 hours of putting any deep moisturiser my face starts flaking again.
i couldn't wear foundation because it would look cakey on my skin (and yes i do wear water based foundation for dry skin over layers of moisturisers)..
so its safe to say my skin is extremely dry.

>>>>> NOW ABOUT THIS MASK <<<<<<
this mask saved my life, its the best thing i have ever put on my face.

i use it every day for 15 mins. i usually put it on my face as soon as i wake up and before i get into the shower. by the time i wash it off, my face is fresh, moisturised and bright.

1- it moisturises the skin deeply (i no longer need to wear three layers of deep moisturisers to prevent flakiness. ( i just put this mask. rinse my face with water only *no soap* dry it, apply my sunblock and then my bb cream) and my skin is left smooth and moisturised the whole day.

2-even though the pot looks really small. it lasts me 3 weeks (roughly 20 applications all over my face)

3- after using it for a month it left my skin bright and fresh

4- it smells delicious and the packaging is great.

leave this in the fridge. the worker at lush said you can keep it in the fridge for 28 days and 8 days outside the fridge.
as for the price, in my opinion for all the miracles it done to me i say its worth it.

(tip for those who use it. Put it on your face 10 mins before you get into the shower and then once you're in, turn the hot water on and let it steam, leave it on for 10 extra mins.
i usually wash my body and hair and then rinse it off) when i do that i get better results, my face looks brighter and feels smoother.
that's just my personal preference and it works great with me.