September 22, 2014 | 1240 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Fresh Wear

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This one didn't convince me. The colour turns orange-y (unlike other Lancomes, which stay true) and my dry skin doesn't get on well with it, because just one hour later I have dry spots here and there: a mess.
Also, the cheap packaging isn't chic at all...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by winghin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product before I tried it out. Unfortunately, this goes to my collection of the worse foundations I've ever tried. I was expecting this to be a light and daily wearable foundation. Unfortunately this gets really orangey on my face after like 20 mins of wearing, emphasizes on my large pores / acne scars, makes my dried spots look even drier and makes my face looks extremely cakey.

Yes, I've used primer before this foundation...unfortunately doesn't help either.

So far, Dior Nude liquid foundation is the best foundation I've tried so far. Conceals my large pores or acne scars, doesn't go orange on me and looks very natural on my face. I understand that there's a price difference. But trust me, you gotta try out Dior Nude. You'll end up loving it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by dk34

This is a very thin foundation. I found it work great in winter and summer (better in summer bc of the thin consistency) on my combo/dry skin. Wide shade range. Looks supremely natural as if you have no makeup all. Medium coverage but build-able. very easy to work with. recommended for those who hates the feeling of wearing a foundation.

Cons: The package lid could be a bit messy because the foundation is so runny that it leaks out easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's great! So smooth and velvety to apply and I think it provides good coverage. It feels really nice against the skin and evens out skin tone well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This would be an ideal everyday foundation, but I don't know if I'll use this for special events and photos. I am NC25, extremely oily skin, dark acne scarring, redness throughout face, and sallow, dull complexion. I got this in Buff 6W, which is more or less a match for NC25, leaning more neutral than yellow.

This basically reminds me of a thinner version of MUFE Mat Velvet+ with slightly less coverage. Color range in Lancome is better than MUFE, although I still wish they improved the yellow tones. Although many tout this foundation as being a sheer coverage, I managed to build this up to medium coverage. Still needed concealer for my darkest scars.

I do not believe in primers and don't use them. Wearing this on bare skin and setting it with Mac Prime + Prep powder, I went about 4 hours before shine broke out on my t-zone. Not bad compared to other foundations (I usually get oily within 2 hours for most foundies). By 6 hours of wear, I needed to blot. Finish is natural matte - not radiant, but not flat.

Biggest pro is that it's breathable and very lightweight even if you build it up in coverage. It faded a bit from my nose and chin area and seemed to rub off in some areas after blotting, but that's expected with any foundation. I didn't see it separate or settle into pores. Biggest con is that the finish is not the most radiant. Don't expect a va-va-voom glowy complexion. This is just a simple, everyday foundation to even the skin tone, provide moderate coverage, and get you by throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have no idea how this could ever be considered a tinted moisturizer. It's so opaque and cakey looking on me. It starts off looking semi-decent, but deteriorates quickly, making my skin look oddly "glisteny", yet also managing to dry it out. At the end of a day wearing this, my skin is completely irritated, itchy and just plain gross looking. I also developed lots of new clogged pores from it, so this definitely didn't work for me. Just for reference, I have very pale, allergy-prone skin, so if you're like me, I'd stay far away from this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was given a sample of this in Ivoire 1C. I find it light enough, but unfortunately much too pink for me. I might've been curious if Buff 2W was a better match had the foundation not felt somewhat tight on my sensitive skin -- I'm thinking it's the chemical sunscreen... So, although the glowing sheer finish is impressive, I'll keep on looking for a warmer pale shade in a gentler, chemical-SPF-free formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I would actually give this product a 4.5 if I could, rather than a 4. I always return back to this after going crazy trying to find other foundations, and I'm always shocked by how much I love this. I wear this in Bisque 7N and I have medium, extremely yellow-olive skin, and this matches very well. It might be a hint too pale, but the next color up is not my undertone, and it's nothing a little bronzer can't fix.

Wearability: I use Tarte's 12 hour poreless primer just on my tzone and around that area, and I don't really use primer elsewhere, because you honestly don't need it. I have OILY skin, and this stuff sticks on. Yeah, you'll get a little "glowy", but it's really not oily looking at all.
Coverage: I do use concealer for spots. This covers EXTREMELY well for being so lightweight (and it is pretty undetectable if you can find your shade), but it's still not full coverage. I honestly think that this type of foundation looks better on me than full coverage though.
Price: I don't think it's so expensive, especially compared to Guerlain and Givenchy and YSL (my usual favorites). But I can see how others would think so, and it's something to keep in mind.
I set this with Guerlain Meteorites or lately, Lancome's setting powder, apply my blush, and I'm pretty good to go. It's winter now, and my oily skin has calmed down a little, so I can get away with this combo. But honestly, even in the summer, this holds up really really well. I actually wore this the other day to my LSAT, and when I went to the bathroom during the break, girls kept commenting on how glowing I looked, even though I know I'd been a nervous wreck the few weeks leading up to it.

Overall, I think this is definitely worth it and it's what I keep going back to. The color selection has been fabulous, the formula wears extremely well, and although the coverage isn't exactly what I'd love, it's so fresh looking that I just think it makes me look better somehow.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by jamieeimaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have tried several different shades of this foundation, and just can't seem to get the right match. Not really Lancome's fault, but that's why I gave it just a 3 rating.

Formulation-wise, this is a great foundation. It's easy to get sheer coverage (what I'd normally do) and build up from there if need be. This finish is natural - not too matte or shiny. Sometimes, I got away without even setting it with a powder! Long-lasting wear too. However, if I didn't use blotting papers throughout the day, I'd notice the coverage fading. Not blotchy though.

I first started using this when I was pretty fair, and the shade I was using was perfect. I got noticeably tanner though, and was sick of piling on the bronzer just to keep from looking so ghastly. So I started experimenting with different shades. I've tried about 5 different shades, and none really matched. I know... I could just find the closest and make some adjustments with how I apply it or using correctors. But I'm kind of low maintenance and would rather just have a good match from the beginning. Or is that considered high maintenance? :)

One of these days, I'll have to go back to the Lancome counter to see if I'll match one of their shades. I'll up my rating when that happens.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is great! I actually found a foundation that fits my shade! I'm tan, so it's sooo challenging for me to find a foundation with the right yellow pigments, and here it is!
I also love that this stuff doesn't break me out!
This foundation lasts long too. I've worn this on looong days, checked my face, and no new breakout in sight. Plus, I'm oily and this foundation doesn't make me look glossy or severe.