October 25, 2014 | 1779 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this powder after reading some of the lovely reviews here. I've only been using this product for a few days, but I haven't experienced any reactions or breakouts associated with it (yet). *crosses fingers*
    On my way to purchase MAC Blot Powder, someone hit my car and the engine blew. Looks like I won't be making that 40 mile trip to a Macy's anytime soon (claims dept. are taking their sweet time). I also don't feel like paying for S&H via the site. LAME. So, I was in need of a good dupe ASAP to tone down my very oily t-zone. This seemed perfect considering my Wal-Mart, which is literally five minutes away, sells the HC line.
    The package is cute. It's a simple compact with a clear, pop-open lid. The Hard Candy logo is printed on the powder itself. I also think the heart-shaped puff is a nice touch -- uber soft, pink, and adorable. I don't use the included puff only because I find that it tends to look a little "cakey" or packed-on when I do. I like to use a nice, soft powder brush.
    The powder is finely-milled, soft, with little-to-no fragrance. It applies smoothly and doesn't look "cakey" when a small amount is dusted on. It seems to keep me shine-free for about four hours; when the shine begins peeking through, it tends to create a dewy look rather than an oily mess.
    All-in-all, this is a pretty good product. While I wouldn't consider this an exact dupe for MAC Blot Powder, I would definitely recommend it to anyone whose budget doesn't include a splurge.
    The only reason I will probably not be repurchasing is because I'm planning on buying my HG powder when I get my car up and running. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Oh, my darling Welcome Matte powder, how I love you. I've tried countless different powders to try setting my foundation, but I still end up oily after a few hours. Then I discovered this little gem, and this is my HG setting powder. It lasts all day for me, and when I first apply it, it completely mattifies my face, and by the end of the day, while I'm not perfectly matte, I'm not shiny, either.

It is very pale though, which is fine for me because I'm white as a ghost, but if you have darker skin, it may make you look ashy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by dawlf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first powder that I've ever used that was supposed to be for everyday use. Since I'm in theater I've used stage makeup setting powder before, but never something like this.

I love the way it makes my sort of cakey foundation smooth, and it just sets my face nicely.

Maybe after I'm finished with this I'll either buy another one, or go for a "high maintenance" brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I like this powder. It was the first translucent powder I've ever tried and I was happy with it. I'd put it on in the morning and at the end of the day my face was still matte. When I ran out of this product I went to Walmart to get another one and there wasn't any and Everytime I go there's never in stock so I haven't been able to use it anymore. I would definetly repurchase this though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I work in a restaurant. Needless to say, I get super oily. I've tried every setting powder from Estée Lauder Double Wear, Mac Studio Fix, Makeup Forever HD, Rimmel Stay Matte, you name it. This is the only one that has held up to hear and humidity. Living in Florida, working in a restaurant, the only con is that it's a bit chalky if you don't buff it out, but that's easily fixed. :) also, it does not accentuate dry spots from Retin A.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

I've been using this powder for a few months and I don't like it as much as the Maybelline Dream Matte powder. It leaves my face with a matte finish after I put it on, but it wears off after just a few hours. I have to either carry it around or blot my face throughout the day to keep oil at bay. Maybelline's powder lasted much longer in my experience. I do like the packaging. It has a cute little sponge to apply it with. I like to use this above any breakouts or discoloration instead of a brush because brushes tend to undo the coverage that my foundation gave me. It also has a mirror, which is handy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this off Walmart's website when I was ordering Hard Candy's Gamoflauge Concealer that has high ratings on this sight so i wanted to try it. The Walmarts near me don't carry the Hard Candy line. I keep this powder compact in my purse and use it for touchups throughout the day at work. i like it. it comes with a heartshaped sponge that i can fold to make it really small to set my concealer for my under eye dark circles. i always have trouble getting into that small area. not with this, the sponge is perfect. the compact only comes in one color from what i remember. works great for my fair skin tone and the powder doesnt dry out my dry skin. i dont think i would repurchase though just because i would have to order online again and i can find another powder compact in the CVS by me that works just as well. glad i ordered it though cause i will keep using the Hard Candy sponge to set the makeup under my eyes. i wash the sponge gently with Dr. Bronner's castile soap when i wash my makeup brushes to keep it clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a simple product it gives a nice clean finish not to powdery packaging is good it is cheap and you can find it in almost any Walmart I am on my second one now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

wonderful for my pale skin and does keep my skin less oily

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by princesshorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing, as I said with the Glamoflauge concealer that this is for anyone who wants high end quality for a budget.
    I don't use the little sponge and the lifting mirror is kinda annoying, but the actual product is perfect.