August 2, 2014 | 1037 users online

Polishes - MAC - Scorcher

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color of this polish is great but, in my opinion, that's all that it has going for it. It's a bright orange-y coral color that is really complimentary (as many have said) to the warmer weather months BUT, it is very sheer (I'd use at least 3 coats) and, for the price, I could find something MUCH better. I work as a catering manager so, my hands are in constant use, for $12 bucks, I was expecting this polish to last at least through the end of my 10 hour shift but, it chipped about half-way through :( I am not used to paying this much for nail polish (having usually purchased the cheaper stuff from Wal-Mart) but thought this was cute and worth it. Not what I was expecting at all from MAC. I'll use this for now and won't repurchase. 'Petites' Orange Passion (number 242) is nearly identical and is a fraction of the cost with the same staying power and you don't have to use as many coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by RawCreoleGoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful color, but the application is really watery. You NEED three coats.

I'll enjoy this color this summer, but would not repurchase.

China Glaze has similar color called HIGH HOPES.

That is a creamier formula, just a smidge lighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by bebeflamand

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a gorgeous bright coral color. It's a great color for the summer. The thing that annoys me is that after 2 coats my natural nail still shines through. That is something I didn't expect from a bright color like this one. I thought it'd be a bit more opaque when applying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Scorcher NP is a beautiful coral/salmon shade. It applies very easily and smoothly. In pictures, the red tones dominate; however, in real life Scorcher is not very red. I apply two coats which is ample for me, and my polish last just as long as my other polishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by liz179

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the colour but I would not pay as much for a nail polish colour that has been replicated so many times. Chip resistant for about 2 days and a really great colour for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by utopiasbows

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Mac polish this is a great Coral Red very nice for summer. only thing i would say is a downer is that i put 2 coats on the first photo is mine and it still shows a hint of my nail line under the polish i still love the color and dries fast i think a 3rd coat would hide the line. i will see and update this.