October 22, 2014 | 2004 users online

Conditioner - Live Clean - (Exotic Nectar) Restorative Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This conditioner has literally transformed my hair in just two uses. I have been using cheapy shampoos and conditioners like Herbal Essences and whatever else I can get for around $3 each. I'm almost certain that they have ruined my hair over time. Harsh detergents and silicones left my hair unruly and untameable and just plain gross. After doing a bit of research I decided to buy this conditioner along with the shampoo.
It has a very soft, cocoa butter like scent and it remains in the hair after it dries. It smells lovely but is hardly noticeable which I love. The texture of this conditioner is a bit different from others that I have tried. It's not too thin, but it's not incredibly thick either. The bottle says you can leave it on as long as you want. I guess this means you can leave it on for a deep condition treatment. When I rinse this stuff out, my hair feels so soft and silky, holy crap! But it doesn't stop there. When my hair dries it is not as brittle as it was before. I think the hair cuticle has been smoothed over. Shocking!
The bottle is great, it's got a rubbery grip to it..definitely won't be slipping around in the shower at all!
I paid $6.99 for this and it is a lot more than what I normally pay for a conditioner. But I figured it would be worth the extra bit and it is!
I have been growing out my hair for two years and I don't trim it often. The last time I had a trim was about 6 months ago. The ends of my hair in the crown section had taken on an unruly and unmanageable texture. I tried deep conditioning treatments and even got an in-salon Kerastese Keratin treatment. That helped me out some, but since I went back to using shampoos with SLS, my hair quickly went back to being brittle and unhealthy. Since using this conditioner (along with the shampoo), my hair has become a lot more smoother in the crown area and I can actually style it now without it poofing up. :)
I definitely recommend this conditioner (and the shampoo) to anyone who has similar problems to those which I mentioned. It will not fix your hair completely but it will help a lot. I know once get a trim my hair will look so incredible but right now just this shampoo and conditioner is enough. YES, I will buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Calina_Oscura76

Okay, I cannot find a review for the Live Clean Exotic nectar Argan oil conditioning MASK.. so I am placing my review here.. and as soon as I finish writing this, I will be heading back to the shower head to re-wash my hair. I should have known I was heading for trouble, when upon rinsing the mask out of my hair, I noticed a waxy substance on my hands, and an even waxier feel to my hair.. I could not rinse this hair mask out of my hair for nothing! I put my shower as hot as I could stand, in an effort to remove it.. no go. So I thought to myself, maybe it will feel better after I dry it.
Nope.
My hair is incredibly greasy now, and it literally sucked the life out of it.. my hair is full of body, if I let it air dry, it is curly, when I blow dry it, it is very wavy.. after this stuff... nothing. My hair is literally sticking to my scalp, and it feels awful. I was going to sleep on it and wait until the morning to re-wash, but my hair just feels to gross. So evidently, it is not the right product for me, despite the fact that my hair can be quite dry at times.. I see many people have great luck with the normal conditioner and kudos to you, hope it works out well, but considering it feels like someone poured melted candle wax on my hands.. I am thinking this particular product is fit for the pit. 10 bucks later, and not able to return the product, I totally feel duped. I will only slam a product if I am COMPLETELY dissatisfied.. this one failed to impress and completely missed the mark.
Only one positive thing to note.. the product smells absolutely divine.. what a pity.. I could live with my hair smelling this good.. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by TheJoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So this is my least favourite product in the line but I still could not live with out it.

The only reason I am not totally thrilled with it is because it does not feel very good in my hands or hair. It is really thick and has this weird consistency. It also does not have a super yummy scent like the others.

That being said I will most certainly use this bottle because it works really well on my hair. Leaving it soft and doing a really job prepping it for the leave in.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Xya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Violet

This is the only conditioner I've ever used that actually eliminates the need to use something else after showering to combat frizz - it completely eliminates it (and without any silicones)! Very little is needed, it smells like cocoa butter (mmm..), and it also detangles and moisturizes amazingly without causing my hair to be flat/limp when it air-dries (I've even left it in my hair, or added it to dry hair - it eventually soaks in, and makes my hair so soft. I've never used so much that it looks/feels odd in my hair, even on already dry hair I've never had any problems). The only issue I've had is that if you sleep on you hair with just this in it before it's completely dry it won't keep the hair tame (I've woken up with some weird fly-aways on my shortish hair because of that, which is how I found out it works well on dry hair too), but once it's completely dry it's fine. I'm so glad I found this, I won't ever use another and will be devastated if it's ever discontinued..
EDIT 11/20/12: I find using this in the summer can cause some residue and that the Live Clean Professional Damage Therapy line is actually superior to this and much else for cleaning, repairing, volumizing, defrizzing, etc without drying/stripping the hair, irritating the skin, or leaving residue (it's amazing in all respects, including not stripping even semi-permanent hair color) - I still use the Argan products because I love the scent and find they improve the subtle but not great (not bad, but not good either) scent of the Damage Therapy products, so I mix a bit of the LC Argan shampoo/conditioner with the Damage Therapy shampoo/conditioner for that reason.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very pleased with this silicone-free, cruelty-free conditioner. It is a light conditioner and doesn't leave the same "slip" as 'cone conditioners, but that's to be expected. It's reasonably priced, especially since I've often seen it on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart (in Canada) for $5.99.

The smell is a light, earthy vanilla which I love. I've since purchased the Argon body lotion which has the same lovely scent. I'm really digging the Live Clean line, because it's fairly inexpensive, natural, and Canadian-made!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by monkeybikegirl

I love this conditioner. The smell though strong is wonderful. I have very long medium thick hair and this conditioner works great, leaving it very soft to touch! I'm not sure but I don't think it contains all the silicones such as Pantene does, but leaves the same nice soft feel. I've just stocked up on bottles of this as not all stores carry the Argon in particular.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by ssunmim

This conditioner did nothing for my hair. It made it lifeless, flat and it didn't provide any moisture at all. I liked the subtle smell, but that's about it. I really wanted to like this product because other live clean products are nice. One good thing is that it didn't aggravate my dermatitis, so I will give it points for that. I now use the rest of it as a shaving cream and its really great for that purpose. I just wouldn't get it for my hair again, its much too drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by leavemebreathless

I absolutly love this conditioner! I have very curly, damaged hair. I try not to brush my hair for the most part because my hair breaks very easily. As soon as i put this conditioner in my hair, my fingers have no problem running though my hair. since using this product, my hair is soft, shinny and has grown a whole lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by misschris2025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a dark-skinned girl, I have decided to forego chemically-treating my hair and to go natural, as we say. Many natural websites and blogs recommend using organic shamps and cond's, hence how I discovered the Live Clean brand. Not only is it a Canadian brand (yay!) but it's supposed to be using mostly organic products at a fairly affordable price ($3.99 on sale at SDM, usually $8.99).

I looooooooooooooove the Argan Oil Conditioner (haven't tried the shampoo and am unfortunately not a fan of the Live Clean argan oil either - cheap substitute for the Moroccanoil). For all the curly girls out there, this is a great conditioner for cowashing; the conditioner makes my hair so soft and manageable, it's great for detangling and is very moisturizing. Doesn't leave any residue as has a great scent as well, nothing overpowering, just very pleasant. Usage tip: make sure to leave it in a few minutes while in the shower, I find it really helps seal in the moisture afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by beemuddled

I have only tried two products from Live Clean, but so far this brand has thoroughly impressed me. This conditioner leaves my hair amazingly soft and shiny, without coating it or leaving build up. The conditioner itself is a bit thinner than what I'm used to, so I do have to use a little bit more to get all of it through my hair. But I seriously cannot stop running my hands through my hair - it honestly feels like silk! My hair was already very healthy when I started using this, so I can only imagine what it would do for dry/damaged hair. Definitely worth trying out, no matter what your hair type is.