September 19, 2014 | 1278 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I love the apricot scrub from St. Ives and I have been using it for nearly 8 years. When I saw this new green tea scrub, I was super excited to try it out not only because I love green tea, but because I facial scrubs are an essential for my skin care routine. First off this scrub is much more gentler than the apricot scrub and it's granules are very very fine which would suit many people with sensitive skin. Once you lather it on your face, it becomes this milky texture. My problem with this product is that it does absolutely nothing for my face. I have very combination skin with very dry flaky cheeks and an oily t-zone but this scrub didn't help with either. Loved the scent of this product but it was a waste of money to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I love this scrub! I have normal skin which is a bit on the oily side. This scrub exfoliated my skin nicely with out being overly aggressive like the apricot walnut shell scrub. Good price since I got this on sale...Nice scent too!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Synnfuleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this scrub, although I dont feel like it does much.
It smells really awesome. The tiny scrub granules are plentiful enough to exfoliate, but it does not seem to exfoliate well enough. (Perhaps it is just me.)
I will always come back to this because other scrubs just dont "scrub" enough for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fab scrub. LOTS of beads but very fine. Cheap as chips. Exactly what I want, scrubs my face very clean ready for a lovely deep moisturiser. No more pimples since I've been using it. Awesome stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by HerpDeeDerp

All the reviews I see really depend on your face. If you break out after washing your face, that is normal. It means it's working. That's the process of it clearing out.
I never really wash my face too often because I don't have a problem with acne. I get a zit here and there, but usually it's because of makeup. I find if i go a couple days off my wash routine, I break out with more than usual. But otherwise I would highly recommend this if you're skin is like mine. It doesn't feel tight after a few washes, and i feel very clean. I don't know any other product that has made my face feel clean! St. Ives is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by clasp

Love this product but don't use it too much cos your skin might become dry

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Ldmor

I thought this product really worked for my skin, and caused no irritation or drying out which I've experienced before with other exfoliants etc

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by kaylakellii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So disappointed! After reading so many great reviews of this product I purchased it with the hopes it would clear up my acne prone T zone. Firstly the consistency of the beads in the scrub is lovely, but the results I got were terrible. Within the first day of using it, my breakouts got even worse! No amount of gentle scrubbing helped in my case. This product caused me to break out with tiny whiteheads and nasty red spots popped up noticeably in places I usually don't break out in. My skin is not particularly sensitive so I was surprised at the amount of pimples I was getting. This product was also very drying, even after applying moisteriser after exfoliating. Not using this again! Terrible stuff. Would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Emilynyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this scrub for a week and it stripped all the oils off my face like you get that tight squeaky clean feeling afterwards which is bad bc if you have oily skin your skin will start producing more oil. It kind of worked for me at first but then I started getting a BUNCH of whiteheads like what ? And I started getting acne in places I've never had. I have acne prone skin there's never a day when I have clear skin. The smell is great but I'm returning this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was recommended this scrub by someone who said it was the only thing that worked for her, and after seeing other reviews praising it for adult acne I picked it up. But it wrecked my skin HARD CORE!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm weird so I think I just have a salicylic acid issue and this just helped me realize that. (I never noticed a reaction to aspirin...?) So I can't use this, but if it's only because of that then I guess my opinion doesn't have as much weight since most people don't have this problem but I just wanted to let you guys know. I also found the scrub level to be a bit harsh. It's weird, because when I use SA products, my skin breaks out but the area where I don't have break outs is nice and smooth and less red. Go figure!