October 23, 2014 | 1858 users online

Scrubs - Noxzema - Clean Blemish Control Daily Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by cinnamongym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I've been searching forever it seems for the perfect face wash. I am 27 and still get a couple of pimples a month, but have had none since I started using this scrub. It leaves my face feeling refreshed and clean, not tight and dry like a lot of other acne face washes. My only complaint is that the little scrubbies in the cleaner are so fine they sometimes get caught in the creases of my eyelids, even after rinsing well. But, I still give it 5 lippies because I have yet to find any other face wash that works as well as this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by lyonka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to try this face scrub due to its claims of being "specially designed for your adult skin so you can effectively treat and prevent breakouts without compromising your skinís moisture balance."

At 29 years old, I still break out regularly. My skin is not especially dry, but it is very sensitive and susceptible to being easily stripped of moisture. It's a real catch-22 situation; everything I try either treats the acne but strips and damages my skin, or simply isn't very effective on the acne.

Well unfortunately this product did not live up to either of its claims. It left my face feeling tight, dry and even more sensitive, while at the same time having no effect whatsoever on my acne.

I did find, however, that it makes an excellent body scrub, especially effective at preventing ingrown hairs on my legs and under my arms if used prior to shaving. It has also seemed to help somewhat with the acne on my back and shoulders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by BriNM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this stuff. It really works, I usually use it at night in the shower and once I wake up I can see that some of my acne has gone away. Definitely buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

Smell reminds me of Christmas for some reason. Not sure why, but I love it! I'm already on my second tube, as I use it for both my face and acne-prone chest every day. I'm not so sure this has done anything groundbreakingly amazing for my skin, but I enjoy it, so hey why not? It's a gentle, refreshing way to feel pampered. It does get a little difficult to squirt out at the end, but oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a super lovely scrub for someone with acne prone skin. The grains are very, very fine, so it scrubs what is necessary and leaves alone what is not necessary. I feel like people think that scrubs need to scrub your face raw. This just scrubs off the dead skin and dirt. You can use it daily. It might be drying if you don't use a moisturizer. The smell I can deal with, and smells never bother me much. I love how it is only one percent SA. It works amazing for me. Too much acid just screws up my skin. You only need one percent! I don't use it everyday because I don't need it anymore, but definitely on a consistent basis. I just REALLY recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by MFeld418

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm always coming back to this. I have teenage, acne-prone skin and this is the only thing that can help it tremendously! I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging because it's difficult to get the last of the product out but I doesn't bother me that much. So accessible and so affordable. I will continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by shoegal831

All time favorite scrub! Due to my shopping addiction, I'm always on a hunt for beauty products. However, I always come back to Noxzema's Clean Blemish Control daily scrub as my go to product. I do have to agree that it is not for everyone. It's great for anyone with normal to oily, acne prone skin. I can see this being too rough for sensitive skin. The granules are the perfect size and they're super dense in the tube. It literally feels like a sugar and honey scrub, but it smells lemony and feels slightly minty. For the small price, it's a sin not to check it out for yourself! Polishes the skin, does not dry, clears up blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love everything about this. I wanted a multitasking product to cleanse, exfoliate, and treat acne, and not dry out or irritate my skin, and cost less than 10 bucks. This is all of that. I use a cleansing cloth to remove makeup at night, but this does lather and cleanse too. There are lots of gentle micro scrubbies - just the right amount. its cleared up my skin - Ive been dealing with acne for years, and Im almost 30, Im sick of it. (tried everything OTC you can think of) Im amazed that the 1% salicylic acid is all my skin needed. It doesnt contain menthol, although there still is a slight tingle. it doesnt smell like normal noxzema, its more fruity. but its really gentle. I paid $6 for it, and its a 5oz tube with a flip cap. Its winter and my skin is dry so I finish with some nivea creme (my creme de la mer dupe.... I wish I had money for THAT) and my skin hasnt looked this good in a long time. the tone of my skin is improving - post acne red spots are fading, and my skin is soft and clear.. Love this! Will definitely buy it again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on a perscription acne topical treatment and it helps keep my acne under control, however, it was doing nothing to help my oiliness. I was looking for a wash I could use every other day just to be a little more aggressive towards keeping my acne under control. I stumbled upon this and thought it would be perfect because it was alcohol free but still had the acne meds in it. After using it for a while the oil production on my face has almost deminished and I've found that I can use this on a daily basis and never feel like it's dried my face out. The granules aren't too harsh but certainly do their job and the it leaves my skin very clean. The only thing I don't like is the fragrance, it doesn't smell bad (a little citrus or fruity) but I dont feel like fragrance is necessary in facial products. Before starting on the perscription cream I had used every type of face wash, high end and drug store, for acne and they all dried my face out horribly but somehow my t-zone stayed an oil slick. This gets rid of excess oil and leaves my skin soft and smooth and never dried out. Will defenitely re-purchase.....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Jaqueta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Me: sensitive, sometimes flaky, sometimes oily, often irritated. I honestly don't know what made me buy this product as I've never been a Noxzema fan. Maybe I was desperate. Maybe I was in need of a little retail therapy that day. Whatever it was, I'm really glad I took a chance on this product because it's been a lifesaver for me. I don't generally get a lot of breakouts but I do have the occasional pimple esp on my chin at TTOTM and I AM blackhead prone so exfoliating with salicylic acid (BHA) has always been important to me. Unfortunately many BHA products are too irritating (usually because of the addition of other, harsher ingredients) or just don't do the job. This scrub is a perfect balance. I never imagined I'd be using a scrub for everyday cleansing but it's gentle enough to do just that. The exfoliating granules look and feel like they have a much finer texture than in other scrubs and they enhance the power of the BHA. The cleanser itself is creamy and rich feeling and rinses away cleanly without leaving my skin tight or flaky. My skin never feels irritated anymore and I have actually gotten compliments on it (something I could have never imagined). I love this and in fact don't want to be without it. I'm the kind of person with tons of half-used skin products in my bathroom and this is the one I use now to the exclusion of everything else. I took off one lippie only because I don't know how well it removes makeup as I rarely wear any (but maybe the fact that I don't reach for tm, concealer, or other skin-evening makeups like I used to is an endorsement in and of itself?) these days. It does seem to take off my sunscreen, though, so it would probably be fine in a makeup-removing capacity. I will definitely repurchase this as long as it keeps treating my skin so well.