December 19, 2014 | 1452 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean pressed powder - Sensitive skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this to set my foundation (clean makeup sensitive skin in classic ivory). Road tested this for 3 days both with and without primer. It's a pretty, soft, smooth powder, no sparkles and not perfumey. The compact feels a bit flimsy and sometimes it's fiddly to get open but I can deal with it. I also used this to set my CGAS also in classic ivory.......it gives a beautiful skin finish over both products. Heck yes I will repurchase esp it only cost $7.94!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

3.5 RATING***.5
I've FAR from perfect skin (I'm Indian & hyper pigmentation (former) acne scars) that look like little freckles galore, plus dis-coloration, & UN-even skin tone...Half of the yr I'm beige, the other half (summer) brown. So even though I've all of these skin imperfections, I rarely wear powders, foundations or anything that can break me out or even have the slight possibility of it...I like to allow my skin to breathe & even @work I wear Body Shop Bronzer (no 4 Matte) applied lightly & slightly w/ their huge (but stumpy) blusher to even out my skin tone. However, I really like this CG powder. I've mine in Soft Honey 255 & although I do not wear it daily, like the coverage it provides, the look it gives me & the fact that it doesn't look caked on. I apply it often w/ my TBS blusher. It's my winter-time powder for the most part as my skin gets too dark in the summer for it. But in the winter months it's perfect!! I've re-purchased many times & use it or my Physcian's Formula powder which is twice the price but this CG works just as well. It doesn't irritate my skin & is a nice alternative to foundation(s) for me. I wear a LOT of mascara, often winged eye-liner & like a nice bold lip (even if it's just gloss), so I like the subtle look the powder provides. Great price too, often under $10. I like it but had to take off a lippie or 2 b/c it makes my skin feel a little itchy after application & not sure if it contributes to skin not breathing or acne as I won't wear it daily for wks on end (or much else) as they all make me break out :( Double edged sword situation. I always re-purchase it tho, have been wearing CG powders off & on since 1998.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lovesabrinaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. it truly is for sensitive skin which i like. i don't have sensitive skin but i get redness sometimes so i don't like to mess with scented products much. anyways, it stays on fairly good (Not the best though). since i have dry skin, it doesn't wipe off really so thats good. it look great on my face and it is overall a good product. xx

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by dbc202

I bought this powder in a 235 medium light and although it looked like it would fit my skin tone it didn't. It was so much darker than my face, and it doesn't really give a good coverage. But it does do the job for making your face matt just make sure not to put on too much or it'll look really cakey. Also, a lot of people say that Covergirl powders and foundations break your skin out but I haven't really seen a difference Overall I would repurchase until I find the perfect skin match and I give it a 3/5

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by NairbRey

Not the worst, but is not best either, I only got it beacause I wanted something to mantain my matte look for more hours, I use Bare Minerals religiously and wore this after a couple of hours to cover up shine, the first touch up was great and natural, but the other touch ups got me cakey and looking dusty, which is bad cause with my Bare Minerals I get coverage without looking like I have Makeup no one can tell I have makeup but with this after the second retouch they could tell I had something. will have to stay with my better powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by vm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The coverage of Covergirl powder is a bit cheap. It wears off fast and has to be reapplied a couple times throughout the day. I even use it over foundation which I thought would help it stay in place, but it only works for a couple of hours. The color variety is okay. I have to use 2 different powders to match my face which are 125 and 130. The case is also cheap. It broke as soon as i dropped it...on my carpet, which is fairly thick. I apply with a brush and it looks way better than it does when it's applied with the pad. When I use the pad, it just stays on there. I think it's fairly good. Does not look chalky and doesn't pile up when you re-apply. Not very long lasting but it looks very smooth and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an overall nice setting powder. It creates a nice finish and has no smell. This does have good pigmentation and does not look cakey. This is a nice setting powder to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is pretty plain and simple. It's not only perfect for sensitive skin but it also controls oil which is awesome. First thing's first, let's talk about the packaging. It's a thick, blue, sleek plastic compact. It's not something I would be ashamed of having in my makeup bag. It has a mirror and a puff on the inside for easy on-the-go application. I personally don't use makeup puffs that come with my powders ever. I prefer to use a kabuki brush. I feel as if you get a more even, natural, better finish this way. The powder itself has a faint smell to it. It almost smells like a mixture of old lady perfume and baby powder. Again, the smell isn't strong at all so it's hardly noticeable especially when it's on the face. I've discovered that almost all of Cover girl's products have that distinctive smell to them, especially their powders. I'd also like to add that this powder is 100% matte. It has no shimmer or shine to it what so ever which makes me so happy. Usually a lot cheap drug store powders have some sort of glitter/shimmer to it which is most certainly not what I want. I think the quality of this powder is great for such a cheap price. Almost all of my friends use it, which is why I was so eager to try it out. Be warned, this product is not for people with very dry skin. I do have dry skin myself but after a while I get quite oily. This does look the slightest powdery when I first apply it (because my skin is dry) but through out the day (my skin gets oily) it really absorbs the oil on my face and leaves me with a nice, matte finish. I don't use this powder everyday though because I have found one that I enjoy more (Maybelline Dream Matte powder) but I do keep one of these bad boys with me just in case. It's the perfect touch up and back up powder. Overall I give this powder 5 lippies because for such a cheap price (Around $3 depending on where you live and where you purchase [I live in California and purchased mine at Walmart]) it just doesn't get better than this. I definitely recommend this powder to people who have oily/sensitive skin!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by RavenOfShadows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

Bought this as I was looking for a relatively cheap powder in a pale shade to suit my skin and give a matte finish to my slightly oily T-zone. I picked up the Creamy Natural 220 shade as it seemed to be the lightest (and least yellow) shade. It suits my pale skin perfectly and blends well. I apply with a brush as I'm not keen on the applicators and their sanitation issues, although I must say the applicator it comes with is thicker than some I've seen but certainly not the softest! It can be a little difficult to pick up with a brush so you have to be persistant. The powder itself is of a fine texture, leaves a soft and smooth matte finish, and hasn't caused any irritation. As it's light it doesn't provide much coverage - so if you're looking for coverage you should look at other products or just start with a foundation. I'm not overly impressed with the packaging - it's thick but still seems cheap, and the hinge of the lid doesn't seem as though it could hold up to much bumping around in a purse/handbag. Overall, I would most likely buy this again because it matches my pale skin perfectly and gives a lovely smooth, matte finish which is just what I'm looking for.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bluecutie016

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this product last 3 weeks ago and I thought that I've found the pressed powder that will suit for my very sensitive skin. Well, I was wrong. On the first week of my trial usage on this product, it didn't broke out my face and on the following weeks, it's like i really don't want to go outside of our house because IT BROKE OUT MY FACE!! :(( ohh well, I will never repurchase this product again and I'm going to search for another product that will suite my sensitive skin.