Tarte MultiplEYE Lash Primer

3.3

on 3/29/2013 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Would I buy again? It's really "maybe" instead of "yes." However I will say it's a very good lash primer which costs $22, making it less expensive than Dior's lash primer which is $28. Applying this lash primer before my regular mascara does make the lashes look thicker and longer than with mascara alone, and it's easily as good as Lancome's or Smashbox's lash primers. Tarte promotes this as a product that will improve the growth of your lashes, and so far I am not seeing dramatic results to support that claim. Therefore I rate it a 4 Very Good rating instead of Best.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Does everything it says it should: lengthens, voluminizes, and helps my mascara wear longer. The effect isn't as drastic as Dior or UD's lash primers, but it's a pretty good product. I can't speak for its lash-growing properties though, as that's the only step in the Tarte MultiplEYE system...I don't know if it's made my lashes grow any, but it certainly hasn't caused any to break so there's something.

on 1/14/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Hg lash primer!
I've tried:
- Dior plumping serum
- Smashbox lash primer
- Lancome cils booster
- Lancome cils booster precious cells
- Estee Lauder lash primer plus
- Hard candy lash primer
And others I can't remember off the top of my head.
Why I love it?
It actually lengthens, a lot of primers add volume but not length. This adds more length than volume.
This also extends the wear of my mascara. I get little to no flakes wearing it with mascaras that usually smudge off and flake after a few hours.
Actually makes it easier to remove mascara, it readily slides off and I don't have to rub my eyes as much (if at all).
It won't clump up your lashes, unless you let it dry. It works best if you apply mascara right after putting it on.
Also, I found the best results are when used with a wet mascara.
I usually put 2 coats of the multplEYE primer on and then mascara immediately, and I always get great results.
I curl my lashes with a heated curler after mascara, so I don't get the problem with 'uncurling', but it is possible that it does that.
This one is a winner imo, I am surprised I like it because I am not a fan of any Tarte mascaras.
Also supposed to be good for lashes, I haven't seen a difference at all though.

on 1/14/2013 9:57:00 PM

when applying this primer, its very smooth and unlike most mascaras, doesnt leave lashes hard afterwards, they actually feel very soft. However, it does uncurl my lashes, which is not too suprising because most mascaras do that to me. It also doesnt dry terribly white, so if you do miss covering some areas with mascara, its not terribly noticeable. This primer did not blow me away though, its almost like using two layers of mascara, but lashes felt a lot softer and felt more conditioned.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am very impressed with this lash primer. This makes my mascara go on so much smoother, easier, and quicker, and look so much better. I don't understand the claim so many reviewers have made that it "irons out your curl." I do not find that at all! Maybe if you have pretty short lashes this is not the primer for you, but mine are a decent length and I am able to cinch them in the curler in 3-4 spots, so perhaps that helps. I typically apply two coats of this primer and then just one coat of mascara, and it looks like I'm wearing two coats! It appears to add length and volume, but morseso length (especially if you put on two coats- it has a fibre-extending effect that you can really notice with the second coat). It also perfectly separates my lashes and locks them into place so that I don't have to comb through after I've applied mascara! I have "tangled" lashes in my outer corners that kind of cross over each other, and this straightens them out (without straightening the curl). No mascara has ever done that for me before! Even though I'm now applying three coats of stuff to my lashes instead of my usual 1-2, it takes me less time because I don't have to keep combing out to separate!

I really like the brush, it coats all the lashes evenly and is small and precise enough to get the little ones in the corner. I also really like that the tube is square, although it could be prettier. Looks too "clinical" IMO.

It seems to be very conditioning; my lashes feel softer now and I seem to be losing fewer of them. I am skeptical of the implied claim that it will help my lashes to grow or fill out, however. I will update if I notice anything. Also, Tarte claims it increases lash volume by "739%". What does that even mean? That doesn't even make sense, your lashes would totally block your eyes if that was true. I'm pretty glad this product doesn't live up to that ridiculous claim.

All in all, this provides me with everything I would hope for in a lash primer. The only downside is the price, especially here in Canada. I will probably continue to research other lash primers to see if I can find a comparable one for less money (from another cruelty-free company), but it's good to know I can return to this one. I would definitely rebuy if there's nothing cheaper that fits the bill, this is worth it!

on 7/7/2012 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using lash primer for years, and like to try new-to-me ones when i run out. I've been a steady user of the clinique, dior and paula dorf primers. While this one had some pluses (easy to apply, easy to cover) I found it's uncurling of my eye lashes to be a total deal breaker.

on 7/3/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Multipleye works fairly well for me, but I do find that it seems to weigh my lashes down some, and it doesn't give me as much length as I'd like.

I *do* like the small, narrow brush, and the fact that my mascara easily covers Multipleye.

It's also kind of pricey, at around $21. If I loved it, I'd budget for it, but I think I'll try something else next time.

on 5/30/2012 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm so conflicted on this product. On one hand I love Tarte. I've rarely had a bad experience with their products. I love the Lights, Camera Lashes (as well as the Splashes waterproof) mascara, so I figured I'd give this a go. It was my first foray into lash primers. Although a bit pricey ($22 I think?) you get a ton of product. It does add a bit of volume to my lashes, I'll give it that. However, it took the curl right out of my lashes. I HAVE to curl my lashes. They stick straight down if I don't. This primer made it look like I hadn't curled them at all. And when I went to apply my mascara, they stuck together. Not cute. I still love Tarte, just not this primer!

on 4/29/2012 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Let me state at the beginning that I'm very much determined to buy all of my cosmetic products ONLY from cruelty-free companies. If a company tests its products on animals, it doesn't even exist, as far as I'm concerned. I'd been using a lash primer made by Urban Decay, but found it a little difficult to completely cover up with mascara.

So,I decided to give Tarte MultiplEYE Lash Primer a try, especially when I found it on eBay for a bargain price.

I first tried MultiplEYE Lash Primer on a very humid, very windy, very warm day, but my initial impression is favorable. I love the small narrow brush; that makes it easy to reach all of my lashes, and it didn't "glob" the product on. My mascara covered the primer with ease, allowing me to completely avoid that dreaded "white lash syndrome."

There's no smell to this product, and it didn't irritate my sensitive, contact-lens-wearing eyes at all. It lengthened my so-so lashes well, and imparted quite a bit of volume. My only complaint is that my lashes seem a little clumpy, and kind of heavy, but that may well have been a function of the weather, and my mascara.

I like this primer plenty well enough to keep working with it. It *is* expensive, but I'm willing to pay more for cruelty-free.

on 4/15/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I've had this forever & just tried it yesterday. I wish I'd tried it sooner. I was skeptical because of the white creamy consistency on the spoolie but when I applied to my lashes & then went over it with my mascara, I was pleasantly surprised. My mascara covered it with ease & my lashes looked fuller and had more volume as a result. It's a bit dried out now due to the lapse in time since I received it but I plan to buy it.