April 24, 2014 | 1886 users online

Eye Primer - Palladio - Herbal Eyeshadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

This is a really great primer from the DS. The formula/texture is unlike any other primer I've tried before. A bit 'gummy' I guess, but not sticky or hard to blend out at all. Goes on nicely and blends/dries beautifully. Shadows just glide on over top and cream shadows stay put as well.

I do find the product hard to get out of the tube since the formula is a bit on the dry/gummy side.

Also, I have sensitive eyes and wear contacts and this has never gooped up my contacts like other primers will.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

This product is not worth the money in my opinion. It dries out really fast, it's hard to get out of the container and it's mediocre in terms of making the shadows stay. I am very disappointed in the product because it seemed to get dry or run out... I'm not even sure what the case is--very quick! I'm talking within about two weeks of purchasing it! I have to pump the wand just to get product out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my go to eye shadow primer until I tried Too Face Shadow Insurance which is worth the extra $$ in my opinion, but this is a great product, I rotate this between my Too Faced and Elf eye shadow primers. You can view swatches on my blog. Great product, no complaints, makes my shadow more vibrant and keeps it in place all day!

View swatches here -

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by SammiXo

I am on my second tube of this stuff and I love it. It goes on so sheer and keeps my shadows looking so nice throughout the day, even if I work out it helps keep them stay put. I have never had a problem with creasing when wearing this primer and I usually do my makeup at about 8 in the morning and don't get home till about 9 or 10 at night and my eye makeup still looks just as good. I don't really care for the packaging as much I would prefer a squeeze tube so I know I'm getting all the product out but other then that I love this stuff and as long as Palladio keeps making It I will keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

A hidden gem no one ever talks about. This primer is very creamy, similar in texture to TFSS, but works 100% better (TFSS creases like crazy on me). Skin toned, blends out clear. Keeps my shadow on, zero creasing, nice and bright all day. I have oily skin and live in a very hot and humid climate. I also use it as a primer for my under eye concealer, and it does amazing... lasts longer, applies more smoothly, no creasing. It does come in a tube with a doefoot applicator, the only fault I can find with it. Retails for $7 at Sally Beauty Supply, or available online.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by iluvbeanz2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is not the best primer I have ever used, but it is okay. There is definitely a flaw with either the packaging, the formula or both. I can't quite put my finger on it. The product is quite thick, and comes off opaque and somewhat greasy when you blend it out. I don't feel like it dries incredibly fast or anything like that, I would say it dries at an average rate. As far as the performance of the product, I would say it works fairly good. My eye shadows don't crease, it does bring out the true pigment of the shadows, and the shadows will last throughout most of the day with this primer. The big con with this product for me was the application, trying to get it out of the tube. I had to kind of bang my tube against the counter and then use the wand to scrape out the product. And this was only after using it several times! It wasn't like it was almost running out, it was practically new. I really wish they would make the tubes of primer clear so that way you know exactly how much you have left instead of going through painstaking measures to get the damn stuff out of the tube. Like I said, I don't know if the packaging is the issue or the thick formula but I wouldn't buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ahagen2010

I love this product it works as good as my primer potion and shadow insurance but for half the price...good stuff to keep my eye makeup from creasing and greasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I bought this under the suggestion of emilynoel83 (who I adore, she is a wonderful guru) but I really do not like this product. There is not a lot of product in the tube, and in order to get it to work you have to slather it on, and it uses up the product really quickly. It dries quickly, so I have to find myself applying my eyeshadows quickly before the primer dries. It does not last very long, I find my shadows creasing after a few hours, and it does not make the colors pop. My advice- save your money to get a higher end primer, or the ones that work for me is the LA Colors concealer (sucks as a concealer, but works very nicely as an eye primer. It's a dollar at Dollar General/Dollar Tree or ELF is nice too)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Palladio's herbal e/s primer is a great product. It adheres my shadow prefectly all day long. I can't complain. It's cheap and it works. My only problem is that it can cling on to flakes if you have dehydrated skin. I normally use Lorac bts primer and I find Lorac's to be better for people with dry skin because it's more emoillent and it's easier to spread. I can say both perform the same as for making the shadows vibrant and last long. But, if you are on a budget, Palladio is just around $7 whereas Lorac is $20.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by gloss4me

Good eyeshadow primer, this is the first brand I've tried so I can't compare. It does what I need it to do, keeps colors in place and I also use a bit under the eye. Its in a tube like lipgloss with a wand applicator. It goes on smoothly and its easily blended with a finger.