October 23, 2014 | 1195 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Purete Thermale Purifying Foaming Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Alasse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Had a serious mishap with my fav PC cleanser and been looking for a good replacement ever since. I've used up the whole bottle and gone through quite a rollercoaster. The first few weeks I liked it, then somehow I stopped liking it, and now adore it after testing out several other cleansers and finding a good rythm. I now use this cleanser during my morningshower. I massage my face/neck thoroughly and rinse off with a lot of water. At evenings I prefer something very soft that rinses easily so I combine this with Roc's energising cleansing mousse (which is too soft for my oily skin when used during mornings). This combination gives me exactly what their names promise: a gentle, purifying cleanser in the morning and a soft skin-energising cleanser in the evenings. Will add this to my fav list! (Price paid: 11 EUR or 14 USD).
Pro's: purifying enough for combination skin -- not too harsh on dry bits -- simple but good packaging -- price/quality very good
Cons: lots of water to rinse -- bit too much for morning and night use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by sassyiril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Bought this for the first time when I experience totally dry & dehydrated skin. Feel a whole lot better! As per the product details, it doesn't make my skin feels tight after using this product! Which is a bonus point for me. And oh love how foamy & nice smell the product is! Also it helps to remove my makeup. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by bellagoldengirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried every cleanser out there.I used to swear by Clinique liquid facial soap for dry combo skin but this works even better, and my skin doesn't feel tight at all after cleansing with this. This is the only face wash that I don't have to use a separate eye makeup remover for (unless I have heavy eye makeup on) and I feel like it does everything a superior cleanser should do, while maintaining the moisture barrier of the skin. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by IrinaLaudi

I bought this cleanser together with the Gentle Foaming Cleanser by Clarins. Started with Clarins and didn't like it at all- both while washing the face and the feeling after. Maybe too much fragrance, maybe too gentle- my face felt a bit sticky and irritated. Tried the Vichy one and now I am on my third tube! Excellent face wash! P.S. My Mum used up the Clarins cleanser and absolutely loved it. So, I guess, it was just wrong for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by angel0225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have rosacea on my nose and little bit on the cheeks and chin. This cleanser so far was the best one that i've tried. It doesn't dry out after wash and didn't bother my super sensitive skin!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by angela291

This product was recommended to me in a moment of desperation when I put my faith entirely in the hands of the recommendation of a Shoppers Drug Mart employee. I must have spent 15 minutes explaining the adverse reactions I get from various popular cleansers, and was very specific about the challenges I have with acne on my chin and dry skin in some areas. This cleanser feels extremely rich on the skin while washing, without over-drying my face, and has not yet broke me out. I've been using it for two weeks now - I think this line may be a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by msshai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have recently purchased this so I will update my review if I get an adverse reaction to it.

I am really impressed with this cleanser. I use a clarisonic and I have pretty good normal skin but I find that it doesn't cooperate all that well with everything (i.e. too drying, or causes breakouts) Previously I was using Olay Foaming Face wash w the pump. I still love that face wash and if I am unable to find this Vichy product at a discounted price again I might return to it (though i'm not sure).
So when i ran out of the Olay I picked up this Vichy and tried it out w the clarisonic. I immediately noticed that despite feeling less greasy on my skin than the Olay it wasn't as drying and when I was done with the clarisonic I felt there was little to no residue on my face at all. My face really felt clean but not stripped!
It is winter so after I dried my face I followed it up with a spritz of Vichy Spa water ( probably an unnecessary step but I like it) and applied Kiehl's Ultra Facial moisturizer. My face really glowed the entire day in a way that it never quite did with the Olay.

I give this a 4 and not 5 only because I bought this at a 50% discount and I haven't used it long enough to definitely say i'd repurchase at full price if I had to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

Vichy has always produced skin care that are spot-on and this is no exception.

This is a cream cleanser with the same fragrance found across the Purete range. Lathers well when in contact with water. However unlike most cream cleansers, this one did not dry my skin or leave a taut feeling.

I would probably say that this is the cleanser for you if you don't have oily skin. I believe that people with oily skin would find this formula a lil too rich for their liking.

It is not too expensive, and I believe that one full size bottle (125ml) would last me for some time (about 9 months maybe).