Cargo Blush - Catalina

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil, Sorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. May Contain ( /-): Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 15850 (Red 6 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines).

on 7/28/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this blush a lot. It's the perfect natural pink that isn't orangey at all but manages to have a bit of warmth to it. Not sure how that works but it does. It gives a soft, glowy flush. It is very matte with no sparkle whatsoever. I wish it had a bit more depth to it - being so matte, it feels a little flat - but other than that, it's pretty perfect.

on 5/26/2011 10:23:00 PM

Firstly, this tin packaging is extremly annoying, i literally had to put on rubber gloves to open it. I dont even close it all the way because i'm afraid it will get stuck. Other than the packaging the product is excellent. This color is a bit sheer on me considering its light pick and i'm pretty brown (nc45). The color shows up as a light powdery pink which isnt everyday wear for but goes perfectly with certain looks. I alos love the smooth silkly texture, its as if your putting on a second skin.

on 4/17/2011 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This blush is surprisingly versatile despite looking cool in the pan. I'm an NC25-30 and warm olive skinned, and it works on me! The pigmentation is great, I personally use a very light hand with this one since using too much would easily look very artificial on my skin tone. This pan will likely last me forever and although it's good enough to repurchase I wouldn't for that reason. I would recommend it though! It's always best if you can try it out, I took a risk by buying it online through their website since new customers get 20% their entire purchase the first time. Luckily I liked it.

on 4/17/2011 8:33:00 PM

This is a beautiful blush! It gives a natural flush of colour that looks like a natural cheek colour that has been enhanced. The matte texture adds to the product's "blendability" and natural look. It does show up a bit bright, so blend, blend, blend. I use a stiffer bronzer brush from Sephora to really blend the blush into my cheeks, as I found a normal blush brush doesn't move the fine powder around enough to look natural. A good everyday blush! And there's so much product in the cute tin.. it will last forever!

on 4/8/2011 5:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I absolutely LOVE this blush. There are a ridiculous amount of good things I could say about it. Perfect shade for Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer! Gives the perfect glow especially on my NC20 skintone. One of my favourite things about it is the fact that there's no shimmer whatsoever! Making the glow even MORE believable. I apply this over my TopShop cream blush in Neon Rose everyday otherwise I risk looking sickly :) Can't wait for the Summer months to wear this with a tan! Not to mention, I've been using this daily for about a year now & have JUST hit pan. Amazing. Definitely see for yourself! :) x

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The reason I purchased this blush was because the makeup artist for gossipgirl uses it all the time on the show for all the girls, so I thought why not. And I'm so glad I did!

This might look like a really bright cotton candy pink but it delivers such a beautiful natural looking pop to the cheeks. It brightens up my whole face and makes me look soft and pretty. This blush is both sheer and buildable (I have very very fair skin) and I think would work for anyone from fair to medium deep skin tones. A HG and a definite repurchase for me.

on 1/20/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was quite wary of this product at first. It seemed much too bright and i was scared I would look like a clown rather than a more natural flush. But the blush creates a soft but sweet sweep of color. I use a duo fibre brush though as i find it easier to control. I like that the cargo blushes are in tins as i am less likely to break it which somehow i tend to do. I love matte blushes and this one is a keeper

on 1/20/2011 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was quite happy to find this being sold in JCPenney Sephora's. I had only seen pictures online so seeing it in person, I was a little shocked at the bubble gum pink color. But application & blending showed a dolly pink look on my skin (NC30). I'd say it even looks natural.

on 1/9/2011 7:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

As many have mentioned, Catalina in the pot looks rather intimidating. The color seems to be a bit too bubble gum pink and bright for most people's preference. However, this blush was perfect for the fall/winter time for me! It gives a nice, cool flush of pink, perfect for the colder weathers. It's very natural and the color on my cheeks is as if I was just out in the cold, hence the rosiness =) The product also comes in a very big pot - lots of product, totally worth the price! Catalina is very pigmented, you really don't need to go crazy when applying this. I just swipe my blush brush over the pot 2-3 times lightly to get the color and then swipe it on my cheeks lightly. It's easily buildable, but it's also very easy to over-apply. I probably wouldn't repurchase this product, just because I'd like to try out other blushes (and because this product will last me a while!).

on 12/2/2010 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

In the pan, Catalina is a bit scary. It's a cool-toned, bubblegum pink shade, but upon application it turns into the most natural flush I have ever seen. Once I apply it, it looks a bit cool and unnatural. 3 seconds later, it transforms into this amazingly flattering shade of natural, warm, glowing pink. For reference, I have a medium golden (i.e. yellow undertones) complexion (NC35-37). It's the same color as the natural flush I see in my cheeks after a good run. I imagine it would react a little differently on cooler skin tones, but I believe it would still look stunning. The fact that it starts out cool makes me feel like it would stay cool on cool skin tones, so it wouldn't clash with the skin's undertones or any of that nonsense.

***I've uploaded 2 pictures of arm swatches. You can see how the unblended start of the swipe looks a bit cool-toned, while the rest of the swipe appears much warmer against my skin.***

Catalina has a beautiful satin finish. There are no shimmers or glitters here! Just a perfect glowy, satin, natural finish. This is by far the best finish I have ever seen on a blush. It looks amazingly healthy and radiant on the skin, without ever having to worry about looking like a disco ball. The texture is just heavenly! When I first received this blush in the mail, I thought it was a cream blush. It looked so smooth and soft. After lightly tapping my brush into it, I applied it to my cheeks and noticed that it blended in effortlessly. It just melted into my skin rather than just sit on top of it and look fake. The finished look was stunning; no trace of powder-iness. Very natural and ultra smooth.

In the tin, you get a generous amount of 8.9 grams, which retails for $26 USD/CAD. The price might initially scare off some people, but the quality AND quantity are well worth it! This blush has become a daily staple for me, so I would personally pay even more than $26 to get my hands on it. It is truly unique, and undeniably stunning.

Popular Blush Products