Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

4.6

on 6/20/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite nail polish color....BUT I will never again buy it. Why? They reformulated the color AND formula. Warning...this new Pacific Blue with the updated writing is NOT the original. The original is a unique cornflower blue that is just stunning and it's creme, NOT jelly or shimmer. The new one is jelly and has shimmer. It's also a lot darker. Nothing like the original.

If you can find the old formula, buy them asap. The only dupe for this original color I can find that is the CLOSEST to formula and color is by JulieG Nail Color in Cabana Boy. Essie Butler Please is NOT a dupe. People on Youtube keep saying it is, it is NOT a dupe. Essie is darker and the formula is different.

Sally Hansen who is owned by Coty and Coty owns OPI; if anyone knows of a dupe within the OPI line please let us know! I am so furious they changed this color, it is not the same color or formula.

on 6/20/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous color but beaware these are being reformulated.The new color is much darker and looks nothing like the original. I was able to pick a bottle of the old version at rite aid.

on 5/5/2014 10:29:00 PM

Full Size Image
The Pacific Blue I just bought today looks NOTHING like the swatches/photos online, and it's not at all opaque. Did they change the formula? What I have is a deep slightly shimmery sheer electric blue jelly and all the photos I've seen are an opaque bright cornflower blue creme. SO confused.

on 4/30/2014 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I'm 40 and not quite ready to wear what I call "mom" colors (meaning like my mom)..I am a mom though. This is the most gorgeous blue. I have been lusting after it for about three months and it was always out at the store thanks to YouTube and Pintrest. Finally!!! I found it and I am in love. With summer fast approaching I am excited to have a mani/pedi done with this. I would suggest that this is a cornflower blue leaning toward an electric blue. The formula is AMAZING! One coat is fine with this if you are in a hurry. It is very opaque and very beautiful.

Happy Makeuping!❤️

Edit: this color is gorgeous but the formula is terrible. It never dries. It is just too thick...😢

on 4/26/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I did not understand what the hype was about at first. I purchased this polish a couple of days ago since people rave about it on YouTube and wanting to try something new. You can get an opaque/almost opaque look with just one coat! I always apply 2 coats to cover any streaks and make the polish look uniform. This blue is unlike any other blue I own. It's a bright, vibrant cornflower blue. I received quite a few compliments when I wore this color to work. This is day 2 of wearing the color and so far I don't have any chips. Pacific Blue by Sally Hansen is such a fun color - try it!

on 3/17/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I did not like this nail polish at all.
I'm not a fan of these sally Hansen extreme wear nail polishes, I find the brush awkward and thick and the formula of the polish terrible.
I bought this nail polish under the impression it was a dupe for another nail polish, that sadly only came in mini's. When I tried this blue, I was sad to see it was not the corn flower blue it appeared to be, but a regular generic blue. That would be OK if that was the only issue I encountered with this polish, but not 2 days after I applied this to my toes it started to peel and chip. I usually get a good 2 weeks out of toes polish, but with this I barely got 4 days. I am not impressed and won't be purchasing anymore of the extreme wear nail polishes.

on 3/3/2014 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The reviews don't lie. Just spend the $2 bro.

on 2/26/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Such a beautiful blue! This looks amazing in the summer time. It is one of my favorites. I also love the applicator with this Sally Hansen polish. Not too thin, not too thick.

on 2/26/2014 4:59:00 PM

This is a great color, it looks good on my nails. I'm surprised that it doesn't chip easily (most nail polishes chip easily on me). Hmmm, maybe it's because I bought a new base and top coat? Either way, GREAT nail polish, I most likely will repurchase. :)

on 2/8/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

On my second bottle! Best polish out there right now! This color is SO perfect for all seasons I'm SO obsessed, you can catch tons of celebs in this shade! Ok first off, one coat is all you need! Yes you CAN do two but def not a must! Super fast drying, super long wear, amazing brush, super easy to apply, YES YES YES buy this now!

Popular Polishes