Peter Thomas Roth Lashes To Die For The Mascara

3.7

WATER, SORBITAN OLIVATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA WAX), ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, STEARIC ACID, VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, IRON OXIDES (77491, 77492, 77499), TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), RETINYL PALMITATE (VITAMIN A), ASCORBYL PALMITATE (VITAMIN C), PANTHENOL (PRO VITAMIN B5), CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, SILK POWDER, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, SORBITOL, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA COPOLYMER, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Packaging quality is pretty much the same as other mascaras, until you open the case and see the wand. It's a plastic wand that you use to fill your lashes. It's hard. Yes, hard-bristled. It's difficult to angle to put the mascara on your lashes with such a brittle piece of plastic. I was surprised when I saw and felt this contraption. After putting on my usual few coats and allowing them to dry, I went about my way. I was unpleasantly surprised soon after when I checked in my mirror and saw the little pieces of mascara under my eyes that had fallen off my lashes. I don't glop mascara on unevenly, I'm quite careful in application, but that didn't seem to matter. That meant out with the q-tips to do a quick clean-up of my under-eye area before I went out and I then needed to carry some more q-tips with me for the rest of the evening. This happened every time I wore this mascara. Not re-purchasing.

on 10/14/2012 10:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a great mascara. The wand reminds me of the Flawless Definition one from Bare Escentuals. The formula applies nicely; it's less of a wet formula than the Flawless Definition, but smooth and dark. The mascara wand separates well and is small enough to get in corners. I was able to achieve a lot of volume. As far as thickening, this mascara doesn't do much for that. It coats, but doesn't plump like others I've used like Benefit. Taking all factors into account, I would repurchase. It's a great mascara for work that makes my eyelashes look great, but not over the top. I also like that I usually don't have to use a q-tip to remove excess from the top of my lid when I apply this. With most mascaras, I have to do that.

on 11/14/2011 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The brush on this is bizarre and very hard to use with the blunted end. I am guessing you are supposed to apply the color with the end, and then comb it through with the brush? Any way, it smears and globs. It does not offer much length or volume. Not a go for me.

on 11/12/2011 8:16:00 PM

I bought this off of the recommendation from Sephora. I was so disappointed. I hated the skinny wand and the formula was nothing special. I was looking for a product to make my short lashes look fuller and longer, this is not the one. This was my first return to Sephora and I have never looked back. This mascara came off super easy, and clumped with only one application. The wand did not help me get into any of my corners. I was not able to get the look I wanted. I really wanted this to work for me.

I've tried many different types of mascara, both drugstore and high end. I decided to buy this one because it had high reviews on sephora. I'm glad I did. It definitely lengthens more than it thickens. My eyelashes look crazy long when I use this. I've had no issues with clumping or flaking. I typically apply 1 coat. I curl my lashes before using, and I've had no problems with them losing their curl. It would be perfect if it thickened a bit more.

Oh my... this stuff is AWFUL. I'm not picky when it comes to Mascara... I like drug store mascaras and high end mascaras alike. Some I like more than others. I don't tend to stick to one mascara for long or forever, but most mascaras do the job for me. I bought this stuff after receiving advise from a Sephora employee. I have an illness that causes hair loss as a side effect... not dramatic and I'm not going to go bald or lose all my eyelashes but its made my hair and lashes weak and I wanted something gentle... to try to preserve my lashes until the medication I'm taking works. The rep at Sephora suggested this, along with Urban Lash growth product (which I think is working). I've spent a few weeks using this mascara, wanting to like it... but its garbage. It makes my lashes clump, it flakes like nothing I've ever used and its hard to take off. I'm giving up and hoping I can return this junk! Ugh.

on 8/29/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I <3 this mascara!!!! It is so good to me! This mascara works BEST right when opened up. The mascara has a VERY good formula and it works well when you take your time.
It curls lashes.
It lengthens lashes.
It makes lashes very dark black which i love!
It is the best. I just hate that it dries out kinda quick and gets gloppy.

on 5/27/2011 4:29:00 PM

great product over all - covers lashes in less than a single coat and is very nice on the eyes - Big impact and no clumps.

on 4/14/2011 11:05:00 PM

I've used this mascara for a little while, trying to figure out if I liked it. Well, the verdict is out. It clumps, and if you use more than one coat, it looks like you lashes are coated with clumps. I don't like that look.

It is supposed to help your lashes along with it's nightly partner, Lashes to Die For. But I thought it might work well with Latisse. It's making my new growth of lashes look like they are one thick line of mascara. If I only use one coat, I still get clumps, and have to separate them. it really makes lashes look too thick.

So, I've started using it with a very light hand, and it's still isn't right. Also, I've noticed the brush is flimsy, and looks like it's about to break. I've only had it for 3 weeks. It might have to go back to Sephora's, if I notice the brush becoming any more loose from the wand. Heck, I think Stiletto by Maybeline is better mascara than this. Normally I like PTR products. They really need to fix the brush,and make the formula less thick.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Peter Thomas Roth – Lashes to Die For – The mascara Jet Black
I was very disappointed in this. I purchased this while on the search for a mascara that would condition my lashes as a compliment to the Careprost (generic Lattisse) and conditioning crème liner I use. I’d read pretty good reviews about this so I tried it. Waste.Of.Money. The brush is a bit unique, a thin, rubbery brush with different length bristles (some to lengthen, some to separate). Whatever – any mascara will make your lashes look longer as long as it gets color on the lashes… as far as separation? Read on. Maybe this mascara does do awesome things to condition the lashes… but it looks & applies so bad that I won’t use it long enough to reap any benefits. First application reminded me of lash stiletto. Stick straight lashes – no curl, no volumizing. Just length (and, it really does lengthen – I’ll give it that). Back to the separation … don’t think ‘not so bad’ separation – this separates in that it turns your 40 lashes into clumpy hair spider legs. Plus it leaves little clumps (which is surprising because the formula appears pretty thin considering that you never see clumps on the brush itself). Maybe this would look good when used in conjunction with my metal lash comb, but for a mascara to look THIS BAD without it, is unacceptable. I wanted this to work so bad that I tried in in combination with other products, played around with application, everything. I tried it in 2 coats… 1st attempt (dry between coats); 2nd attempt (don’t let dry between coats)… both ways: spider legs. Tried it over my favorite mascara – instant spider legs. Tried it under a different mascara (honestly, it’s not too bad like this – but also not worth it – why use 2 coats of different mascaras when I can use 2 coats of the same mascara). If you like the dramatic spider leg look – you will love this mascara. Otherwise, leave it alone. I will never buy this again. Ever. Even if it was $1…and it’s not, it’s about $20.