September 16, 2014 | 1968 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Black Radiance - Complexion Perfection - Shine Control Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful primer for anyone who has oily skin no matter what color skin you have. It is very creamy, slightly thick consistency that blends in very well. It is white out of the tube but blends in clear. It keeps oil at bay extremely well, so well in fact that if you have combination skin I suggest putting it only on your oily areas (I use Rimmel pro primer everywhere and this on my T-zone) because it can make you too matte on your dryer areas. I have used it with several different foundations, creme/liquid/powder/tinted moisturizer , as well as without foundation on days when I do not want to wear makeup but do not want to be an oil slick by midday. Hands down the best oil control primer I have ever used, and extremely inexpensive, about $6. A must have for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by salyons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer + Revlon Colorstay for oily skin = FINALLY!!! I was indifferent about either product alone, but together they're my holy grail for shine free skin. Toward the end of the day when my natural oil does start to surface, my skin looks dewy and fresh instead of greasy.

Alone, I give the primer a 3. It looked ok with my mineral makeup, but I was still shiny midday - less so than normal for me, but still more than the average "normal" complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by smplyro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this product by a YouTube guru. What I love most about this product is the cost, i paid $6 and thats a huge difference from what i used to pay for primers. It really absorbs the oil on my face and my foundation goes on SOOO smooth i was so surprised when i first used it. When i use this i still have to blot though because my skin is super oily but it does make a huge difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by desertbeyonce

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome value, much better than oil-controlling primers costing four times as much. NoveauCheap's blog turned me onto this hidden gem, grab it before it's gone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by starrz329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product does exactly what it claims to do. It does control oil and make your skin matte. I love that when you apply it it does leave a tacky finish to the skin, really helps to make your makeup adhere and I think last alot longer. The price is awesome and I will continue to buy this as long as they make it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been wanting to try this ever since Noveau Cheap raved about it on her blog.

I'm shocked this did not work for me since I am still pretty oily, even at my age. I could never find this in my neighborhood so when I found it at a Rite Aid when we were on vacation, I snapped it up.

I guess I'm not as oily as I think I am because this makes my skin look dry and flakey. I guess this only works for the uber oily among us.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by defendergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best drugstore primer I've used. I have combination/oily skin. I use this before applying my make up and it helps give a flawless finish. It also holds back shine for most of the day. When the shine does eventually shine through late in the day, it still looks good. By the end of the day I look 'nicely dewy' than shiny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Beaumonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Black Radiance Complexion Perfection
- Shine Control Primer

First off, this probably should NOT be used as a primer on all but the oiliest of complexions. Not in the sense that you can use it underneath your foundation. I tried it and ended up a chalky mess.

It is however, pretty good at shine control - especially in the T-zone area. I use very little and pat it in lightly (yet thoroughly) to get the oiliness vanquished for about 3 hours. It re-applies quite well and doesn't leave a white film behind, IF YOU BLEND IT IN TILL FULLY ABSORBED.
I've applied this in haste and ended up looking like Casper The Friendly Ghost.

Things to know:-

1. This works very well if your skin has large pores. Mine has, and this makes them look (TEMPORARILY) smaller and less noticeable.

2. You should moisturise properly before using this as every dry patch will be accentuated. I have troublesome Combination skin so I'm careful not to apply this in any dry, rough or slightly-oily areas

3. The slim tube packs flat for travel (yippee!)

4. It's ideal for the dreaded 'evening bag' shortlist of cosmetics.

5. Did I mention that it's REALLY inexpensive?

It's gets a 3-Star rating because it can feel very drying on the skin and because it's VERY easy to come off looking flat and ghostly.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by BarkleyJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best primer I've used for controlling oil. I wish they would put a version out on the Wet and Wild side so that it be more widely available because it is truly a great primer for any skin tone.

I do have to echo the Nuveau Cheap blog and say that it's best to put it on immediately after moisturizing for the smoothest application.

I would love it if it came in a pump, bur for such a low price. I can live with the tube - at least it's not a jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by tvcraw89

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this works pretty well as far as helping to control oil but I have been breaking out since I started using it (3 times this week which is a lot for me!) Has anyone else had break out from it? I may have to go back to the expensive OC-8 again sigh.