November 28, 2014 | 2004 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypn˘se Precious Cells

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i got this in 5ml sample. i have to say, i love it.
unfortunately im not obsessed enough for above-$15-mascaras :(
if this was just $20 maybe i would consider.
it lengthens, thickens and curls. one stroke is enough to make my lash look great! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by blackilocks

Doesn't really lengthen and but increase volume on its own but moisturises my lashes well. I do not drop as many lashes as before.

I have been unable to get my hands on the waterproof version so I am using this. It last well on my oily eyelids, as well as waterproof mascaras of other brands.

Best of those that already have rather long or thick eyelashes to began with.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Jaeleeisme

i recently got this as a present from my mom's friend. Before this i was using Maybelline's Volum Express mascara, it was my first mascara. and i never knew how much it sucked until i started using this one. i love the wand soo much it's so easy to get the ink on my eyelashes and i love how i doesn't clump easily. i don't know how much is cost, but when i run out. i'm for sure buying myself another one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Tirje980

This is my best black mascara!! It just does everything a great mascara should do! Lengthen, thicken, define, without being clumpy.. Definitely will repurchase when i run out

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by CloudPies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Received a tester while at Lancome. Great product! Very natural and definitely better than most mascara. However I would recommend the regular and waterproof Hypnose over this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by poppyplastic

I have long and relatively thin eyelashes. I really liked the original hypnose and used two tubes of that, however I wouldn't repurchase this, having used it for six months.

Pros:
It feels more comfortable and flexible than regular mascaras.
The packaging is sleek and effecient.
It gives my lashes slightly more volume and length.

Cons:
It is overpriced (although many cosmetics are).
I'm afraid it doesn't improve lash condition, not by much anyway. It just feels better than regular mascaras.
It does not perform as well as the original hypnose. It isn't good for night time especially.

If you are sensitive to cosmetics and/or are looking for a natural look, this is for you. Those are the only incentives to buy this product.
EDIT: To add to this, after testing a good few more mascaras since writing this review, I have decided that I would repurchase this and have added an extra lipstick. The formula is so much nicer than other mascaras; it is just so much more comfortable, and doesn't smudge! It is my perfect daytime mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of mascara on a business trip so bought this instead of my usual Max Factor 2000 Calorie, which I had been using for over 10 years. I was attracted by the lash treatment aspect of the product. At the same time that I started using this, I started to dab a tiny bit of oil (Vitamin E, olive or avocado) on my lashes a few times a week.
Now, I don't know if it was the combined effect of the two or the mascara itself but my lashes, which were already quite thick (but not as thick as they used to be) became noticeably thicker, stronger and more dense over several weeks. I also noticed that I was losing fewer lashes.
I'm currently using Estee Lauder Sumptuous but have bought some more Hypnose Precious Cells to go back to next.
The brush is flat compared to most mascara wands so you need to make sure that you hold the flat side to your lashes (I think there's instructions inside the box, or perhaps on the Lancome site) and the wiggle-at-base-of-lashes-then-pull-upwards technique does work to reduce clumping. Would also suggest using an old, clean dry brush to separate lashes after applying mascara.
Leaving the treatment aside, this mascara doesn't flake or smudge and is a good, dense and slightly glossy (or at least not matte) black colour. Definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by alinalemur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually dont believe in the miracles a make up promises, but after using this mascara (i dont know.... for a week?) i noticed my lashes are a little bit longer and thicker. Im not gonna say they are much much longer, but i used to have them short and constanly falling, and now no more falling lashes for me.
So Im a living prove that this mascara really help your lashes to renovate and make them stronger.
The only thing i didnt like its that for me, whe i curl them and apply the mascara, it doesnt hold the curve. But i would definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Today is my first time wearing this mascara and I have to say that it is an excellent mascara! I have fine, thin, sparse asian lashes that are of an okay length but lacking volume. This mascara adds much needed length and volume to my lashes and defines them nicely. I do however ensure that I apply a coat of mascara base prior to application of this mascara. I like how it doesn't make my lashes feel dry and crunchy even after several coats. The color itself is a really nice intense yet natural black (but not as dark as MUFE Smoky lash) which I am very fond of.

The mascara is housed in a sleek black tube with the signature Lancome rose logo which I love. I'm not a fan of fancy colorful packaging. Lancome claims that this mascara is smudgeproof but not waterproof. The formula itself is quite wet and not dry like some other mascaras that I have used in the past. My only gripe is that this mascara is extremely expensive but I do believe that you get what you pay for and I can definitely see myself repurchasing this in the future. HG stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by milkpudding

I never believed in any miracle claims when it comes cosmetics. So I'm can't be bothered with its ability to promote lash growth. But I did notice my lower lashes become more noticeable even without mascara recently.

That aside, it's a great daily mascara for a more natural look. It gives great length, decent volume and separates the lashes well with just one application.

I give it 5 lippy coz it's exactly what I'm looking for - long, pretty and natural lashes for daily use without being too over the top. Like I've said before, if you are going for the dramatic falsies look, keep looking.