Lancome Hypn˘se Precious Cells

4.3

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!! By far one of my all time favourites and not that expensive for its quality. Not only does this make the lashes look more volumized and denser but the mascara nourishes them! I'm not so sure how well the conditoning formula works as my lashes are pretty think and long to begin with but what I do know is that my lashes remain soft and supple after using this and the don't fall off. It's not waterproof but stays on better than my Chanel mascara which is waterproof. It only take a regular face wash or some lotion to remove this but otherwise it will stay on all day even in humid weather. I have this in 01 Densifying Black.

on 9/23/2012 2:01:00 AM

this is a decent mascara i think, it doesn't make lashes stiff, does lengthens and thickens.It has a rosy smell. the product stays on well, no flaking and not drying, I have another unopened new one, will use them up. my mom bought these for me, I personally don't spend much on mascara. it is nice to have, but not nice enough for me to want to spend $$$$$ on it. I still like Maybelline falsies for the price and for the performance.

on 8/17/2012 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i got this in 5ml sample. i have to say, i love it.
unfortunately im not obsessed enough for above-$15-mascaras :(
if this was just $20 maybe i would consider.
it lengthens, thickens and curls. one stroke is enough to make my lash look great! :D

on 5/22/2012 11:00:00 AM

Doesn't really lengthen and but increase volume on its own but moisturises my lashes well. I do not drop as many lashes as before.

I have been unable to get my hands on the waterproof version so I am using this. It last well on my oily eyelids, as well as waterproof mascaras of other brands.

Best of those that already have rather long or thick eyelashes to began with.

on 5/18/2012 9:07:00 PM

i recently got this as a present from my mom's friend. Before this i was using Maybelline's Volum Express mascara, it was my first mascara. and i never knew how much it sucked until i started using this one. i love the wand soo much it's so easy to get the ink on my eyelashes and i love how i doesn't clump easily. i don't know how much is cost, but when i run out. i'm for sure buying myself another one :)

on 3/22/2012 7:38:00 AM

This is my best black mascara!! It just does everything a great mascara should do! Lengthen, thicken, define, without being clumpy.. Definitely will repurchase when i run out

on 2/22/2012 7:55:00 AM

Received a tester while at Lancome. Great product! Very natural and definitely better than most mascara. However I would recommend the regular and waterproof Hypnose over this.

I have long and relatively thin eyelashes. I really liked the original hypnose and used two tubes of that, however I wouldn't repurchase this, having used it for six months.

Pros:
It feels more comfortable and flexible than regular mascaras.
The packaging is sleek and effecient.
It gives my lashes slightly more volume and length.

Cons:
It is overpriced (although many cosmetics are).
I'm afraid it doesn't improve lash condition, not by much anyway. It just feels better than regular mascaras.
It does not perform as well as the original hypnose. It isn't good for night time especially.

If you are sensitive to cosmetics and/or are looking for a natural look, this is for you. Those are the only incentives to buy this product.
EDIT: To add to this, after testing a good few more mascaras since writing this review, I have decided that I would repurchase this and have added an extra lipstick. The formula is so much nicer than other mascaras; it is just so much more comfortable, and doesn't smudge! It is my perfect daytime mascara.

on 12/30/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I ran out of mascara on a business trip so bought this instead of my usual Max Factor 2000 Calorie, which I had been using for over 10 years. I was attracted by the lash treatment aspect of the product. At the same time that I started using this, I started to dab a tiny bit of oil (Vitamin E, olive or avocado) on my lashes a few times a week.
Now, I don't know if it was the combined effect of the two or the mascara itself but my lashes, which were already quite thick (but not as thick as they used to be) became noticeably thicker, stronger and more dense over several weeks. I also noticed that I was losing fewer lashes.
I'm currently using Estee Lauder Sumptuous but have bought some more Hypnose Precious Cells to go back to next.
The brush is flat compared to most mascara wands so you need to make sure that you hold the flat side to your lashes (I think there's instructions inside the box, or perhaps on the Lancome site) and the wiggle-at-base-of-lashes-then-pull-upwards technique does work to reduce clumping. Would also suggest using an old, clean dry brush to separate lashes after applying mascara.
Leaving the treatment aside, this mascara doesn't flake or smudge and is a good, dense and slightly glossy (or at least not matte) black colour. Definitely worth a try!

on 12/17/2011 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I usually dont believe in the miracles a make up promises, but after using this mascara (i dont know.... for a week?) i noticed my lashes are a little bit longer and thicker. Im not gonna say they are much much longer, but i used to have them short and constanly falling, and now no more falling lashes for me.
So Im a living prove that this mascara really help your lashes to renovate and make them stronger.
The only thing i didnt like its that for me, whe i curl them and apply the mascara, it doesnt hold the curve. But i would definitely buy it again!