September 22, 2014 | 1618 users online

Scrubs - Equate - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I use this all of the time. It helps my hormonal breakouts and stress breakouts. I have never found a scrub that makes my skin as smooth and healthy as this. I like this so much more than St. Ives apricot scrub. St. Ives tends to be more creamy and make my face feel dirty. This scrub cleans deep into the pores and unclogs the skin. I gave it 4 lippies because if you use it to much, it can really dry out your skin. The price is fantastic! It lasts a while. Don't hesitate to pick this up at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good product for those who prefer a more gentle scrub. However, just because its gentle, doesn't mean it can't cause damage from every day use, so avoid using it daily (I would never suggest anyone to exfoliate more than twice a week unless they have horrible dry skin). It has a lovely smell, it feels refreshing, and it has plenty exfoliants in it, so it's guaranteed to work. I have dry skin that can flare up and leave really hard, scratchy surfaces of dead skin, so I need something more rough and exact, and unfortunately, this isn't for me. I'd recommend this to anyone with normal, oily, or combination skin. I actually think this is ideal for those with oily skin types, as it works well with my boyfriend's oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by fromstarstuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a facial product, I was not thrilled. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't for me. It made my face break out more/for longer than just the initial, expected purging when you start using something new. Every single time I would use it, I would break out like mad. I still had tons left, and I didn't want to waste it, so it ended up sitting in my shower caddy for a while.

After seeing people swearing by using a body scrub before shaving, I thought maybe I'd give it a go in that capacity. Oddly enough, it was perfect. It doesn't break my legs or underarms out, and it has enough scrubby to exfoliate very well. There's enough oil to it that I can shave without needing a cream. My legs and underarms get a super close shave, and they feel great afterwards.

So, as a facial product? Not a fan. But as a shaving product? It's wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by lsinsa1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started noticing some bad acne around my t zone and my cheeks. I bought this product which to me was very cheap--I had thought about getting the St. Ives one but this product was a dollar cheaper. My acne has cleared and I just have to say that this scrub is amazing! I use it daily now and it works!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a former St. Ives user and I will only buy this product from now on! Don't get me wrong. St. Ives is great and it does its job but this one is cheaper by around a dollar and it is excellent! I agree with other reviewers that this one scrubs better. I also like the smell better than St. Ives. I'm so happy I decided to try this out. :)!

UPDATE:
I love this scrub! I really really like the smell and I have been using this my body as well as my face and it's very effective at getting the dead skin off and revealing the soft skin underneath. I can't wait to go back and get more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mdntstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just used this scrub for the first time, and let me tell you: I love this scrub!!! I immediatly noticed that my face appeared  much brighter, and my skin, ooh my skin, was sooo soft. I literally went " oh my gosh!" at  the texture of it, i couldn't stop rubbing it.i do have to say i fount it to be a bit abbresive , it has alot of little fine grains, so people with sensitive skin should be cautious. I haven't tried the st. Ives so i can't compare the two, but frankly i don't wanna since this is such a wonderful product. I will update if anything bad happens, but fingers crossed that nothing will. ( I stole this from my sister, well news flash to her: You are not getting it back :p )

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by MollieMichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was looking to try the st ives but they were sold out. next to where it shouldve been was this. it was around 2.50. very good price! i havent used the st ives so i cant really compare. i dont know why everyones saying it smells awful because honestly i didnt even notice the smell. i guess i was just in a rush. ive only used it once so ill update later. it only took a few cm of the stuff so it should last a longg time. im hoping for good results but right now it seems a little harsh, im not used to realy beedy scrubs. soo i hope it get better!
UPDATE: okay this was amazingg for twoish weeks. it got rid of dead skin but i used it every day instead of every other day.. not smart. my skin felt extremely sensitive so i had to back off for a week. then i used it every other day. now i use it maybe twice a week and it helps a lot! just be careful and dont over do it! the only complaint is the packaging. its hard to get the last bit out and can be kind of messy. overall its a pretty good product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Summer, to me, means loads of sunscreen to take the place of foundation. With that, comes the appearance of blackheads. I'll tell you a couple of my blackheads have become so large that I've got pet names for them. Spot and Dot. Honest. However, I would like Spot and Dot to hit the dust and leave me. I'm not wanting to spend the money on an expensive facial--I would rather wait till the fall comes.
So....naturally whenever I'm at Walmart, the beauty products aisles always draw me like a magnet. While checking out scrubs, I noticed the Equate Brand Apricot Scrub placed next to the St. Ives. Hmmm..it's been a long, long time since I used the old St. Ives Apricot Scrub. However, being the consumer, I am, I checked out both the Equate Brand Apricot Scrub and the St. Ives. Both had the same ingredients. For 2.49 I purchased the Equate.
I started using this scrub a few days ago, and this morning, while looking and examining my face (what else does a hypocondriac do for pleasure?), I noticed that Spot and Dot have gotten smaller. A lot smaller. I'm figuring by next week they may be gone.
Anyway, this works very well and I'm pleased with this. My face also is smoother as well--the exfoliation factor really is excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by mayrahj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was always using the Apricot scrub instead of this one. Stumbled on it when I couldnt get my hands on the St. Ives one. It is remarkably similar. So if you like St. Ives apricot scrub this is the perfect dupe for it. Not to mention it left my skin feeling softer. The scrub grains are a bit bigger than that of St. Ives so if you like your scrub to fell finely grained don't get this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ayeeitsmeereeuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this product on accident. I was reaching for the St. Ives scrub but i took this by mistake and i didn't notice until i got home. I'm glad i made that mistake because i feel that this scrub worked better. It smells nice to me and there were plenty of exfoliating beads so that's nice. After washing it off, i notice that my skin glowed and felt really fresh. Defiantly rebuying. I love this.