September 1, 2014 | 1511 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Glamour Ultra Care

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by nbuhner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really good mascara at a fair price! It builds volume and length, doesn´t smudge, is easy to remove and feels nice and "soft" on the lashes.
The only thing that I find a tad annoying about this product, is the fact that the brush tends to leave a messy blob of mascara on the end of the brush and I do find a bit hard to work with the big brush on the fine inner lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I reccomend this mascara. It gives your lashes length, volume and some curve; doesn't give you panda eyes; lasts forever. The package is nice and chick. The price is super reasonable too. What else..? Well I think it's nice that it cares of your lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by smoozie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading the reviews on makeupalley, I decided to order it from ASOS (I can't seem to find it in Canada). For the price ($14.00 CAD), I think this mascara is really good. It gives a soft look to my lashes without being clumpy. It doesn't bother my eyes (I wear contact lenses) and it doesn't flake which is the best part! It lengthens, separates, and holds a curl and you can layer a few coats for a more dramatic look. I wish the colour was a darker though, so I took off 1 lippie for that. I usually buy Diorshow unlimited (which is $36.00) and although it's not as dark or as dramatic, you really can't go wrong with this mascara. I'm not sure if or when they will carry it in North America but I know ASOS has it (and they don't charge for shipping).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by estellarosa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Bought this because of the raving reviews! It is a truly great mascara! Lightweight, clean, gives good result quickly. It separates really well!
It falls a bit short in the lengthening departement but can be used in combination with a lengthening mascara like f.e. Bourjois' Elastic mascara.
Despite all this I will not purchase again because it DOES make my lashes fall out. Big dissapointment for an ULTRA CARE mascara!
I am sticking with Lóreal extra volume collagen which is really kind to the lashes. I should know, cause I regularly sleep with mascara on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Ymber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Average mascara. Yes, it lenghtens, curls, gives definition, is buildable. But it also clumps, and worse, it does not stay put. I do not sweat that much but it still transfers to my upper lids very visibly so that I have to keep checking myself in the mirror and wiping it. At a party, it's annoying, but at work, it's completely unacceptable. So no, this did not impress me and I will certainly never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is AWESOME. Slightly more expensive than other drgustore mascaras, but very much worth the price.
Depending on how you use it, it can be very very volumising, and lengthening. The formula is slightlly thick and wet but I think that's how its able to give so much volume. However, I like it for its length more, and I dont usually go for the ultra volumized look except for going out at night. It really is extremely versatile!
However when you first open it, it might be really heavy and clumpy, so it does take some getting used to.
The best part is it made my lashes GROW. By the time I finished the mascara, my lashes were at least 30% longer and thicker. And for my stick straight, asian lashes, this product truly is a mini miracle.
Will definitely buy again. And again.
And again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by GypsyMoth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the rave reviews on here and really wanted to like it. A longstanding and faithful user of Dior's Diorshow mascara (in black), I was looking for a brown mascara for days when I wanted to play up my lips or go a little more natural. I chose this one for the glowing reviews and the fact that it wasn't too expensive. I should also add here that I bought this in France, and am unsure how much the product differs from country to country, but while I'll admit that this is a decent mascara with good staying power, I find that it has a tendency to clump a bit and go on unevenly. The brush comes out of the tube so loaded up with product that unless you have the patience to use a clean brush for each application, it ends up being a bit of a mess. It also had a mild chemical smell that put me off.
All in all, it's a decent mid-range drugstore mascara, but in my opinion there are better ones out there for the same price (i.e. L'Oreal Voluminous mascara and Maybelline Greatlash).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Cowrie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because my some mascaras make my eyelashes fall out... so I thought I could have sensitive eyes. I do quite like it; it gives my eyelashes great volume and length, though you have to be careful about it clumping. It holds a curl fairly well and doesn't give me panda eyes. However the brush is annoying because it isn't tapered to a point like most brushes are; it leaves a messy blob of mascara on the end of the brush. I haven't noticed my eyelashes growing more ( but I'm not sure it's supposed to do that anyway) but there seems to be less eyelashes falling out. So overall, a fairly nice mascara that I might buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by theamunch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a serious sucker for natural looking mascaras, since most mascaras make my (very long) eyelashes look like the legs on a spider. I only apply mascara to my upper lashes, since my lower lashes are, well... Freakishly long.
My sister had tried this mascara out for a while, and she couldn't make it work for her, so she gave it to me. The second I got home I curled my lashes (they don't curl naturally at ALL) and I carefully applied this as if I was 'coating' my lashes - no quick movements, no side-to-side movements, I just started at the root of my lashes and sloooowly pulled the brush upward 'til the end of my lashes. After applying the mascara, I use a heating eyelash-curler to top off the look.
The result? AMAZING.
I always use brown mascara, but I got this in black, and even so - my lashes look (with this particular technique) soooo natural and long. I love the texture of this stuff - it truly does feel like it is 'caring' for your lashes - VERY smooth without wearing off.
My eyelashes truly does look like a bambi, and I'm sure that you can make the look dramatic if that's the look you're aiming for, just by using another technique.
Go buy!!

**I use the "soft black".

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe I've overlooked this before! I've tried every mascara in the known universe for my pale pathetic lashes. This one is amazing. It builds up really easy to make the softest lushest full-bodied lashes - so much so I rarely use my Clinique lash primer underneath this as I don't have to.
It doesn't make your lashes go crispy, it doesn't produce those horrible 'bobbly' bits on the end of your lashes, and the best thing of all is that if you're touching up your make up later in the day, you can apply this on top of what's already on your lashes and it almost 're-wets' and softens the mascara so you can build it even more!
I'm on my 3rd tube of this and I think I've found my perfect mascara!