September 30, 2014 | 2206 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is the only mascara that I have come across that I can say that I genuinely like. Most mascaras make my eyelashes clumpy or look spindly. The serum lengthens and separates my lashes and the mascara darkens them. This is more money than I usually pay for mascara, but it really works so I cannot complain. Actually, compared to some other higher end mascaras that do not do anything, this mascara is a much better deal.

Update December 2013: After much searching, I have come across a few mascaras that work a little better than this one. I like Bare Escentuals Lash Domination because it takes the two steps from this mascara and combines them into one. For this I am docking a star. Otherwise this is still a decent mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great go-to mascara for daily use. I don't think the serum part is useful at all so I just use the mascara end on its own. I think the mascara actually performs better without the serum. This goes on smooth and clump free. Lasts all day, and is about as easy to remove as any basic mascara. The best part about this mascara for me is zero irritation. I have sensitive eyes and so many mascaras irritate my eyes to the point of getting bloodshot. But this mascara is so gentle, I can't even tell I have it on, it feels that natural. I would repurchase for that reason alone, but it also happens to be a pretty good mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I put this on in the morning, as usual, the fiber side coats on well, the mascara side is a true black. Held the curl and did thicken and lengthen. Ok, at lunch, I was feeling very tired and sprayed that Evian water mist thing on my face and blotted off, rubbin my eyes, totally forgetting that I had mascara. I suddenly remembered I HAD mascara, let out a small gasp and checked the tissue paper, nope, no trace of mascara at all. Went to the bathroom to check out my lashes and yes, they were just as pretty as when I applied this morning. I breathed a sigh of relief, smiled and went back to work.

All these good points, now why the miserable 2 star rating? I will tell u.

End of the day, I was in a hurry to get my MU off and went to bed. I tried my Neutragena, The Face Shop, and The Body Shop Chamomile eye removers and this did nonot budge!!!!! Argh! In desperation, I used Ponds Cold Cream and then I finally was able to rub it off. Needless to say, my eyes were red from all that rubbing, and I lost at least 10 lashes. Sigh.... This mascara is soooo drying to my lashes.

Once bitten, twice shy. I'm not using this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by EyesOfParadise

This mascara is wonderful! The base coat seems to really do what they say it will. After I put this on the first time, my lashes looked so much longer. And it was so easy to put on. It didn't clump at all. It separated my lashes nicely. I usually have to use an eyelash comb after applying mascara to separate the clumps, but with this mascara that was hardly necessary. Love it! Please don't ever discontinue this great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Neophiliac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying many mascaras, I have found this to be the best one for me. The downsides to other mascaras I tried included my eyelashes clumping together, and being made so dry, my lashes broke off. Eek! The key to the L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara is the serum. It shields your lashes - literally. And yes, you can separate and thicken your lashes for a dramatic effect. What did it for me was keeping my eyelashes from becoming stubs.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by randysue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Made my lashes brittle and clumpy. Horrid. Threw out after one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Rania3105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can simply say it's the best mascara I have ever had. Purchased it due to it's additional serum and thought I'd give it a try, looks good and u also get that extra umph in photos, and the best thing is, it is easy to remove! no smears, no smudges, no residues (problems I've had with most of my mascaras before, no matter how expensive they were). would definitely repurchase but wont be for a while since i dont use them daily :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since 2009, L'Oreal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes has been my HG mascara, but during a recent trip to CVS I gave Double Extend with Lash Boosting Serum a try. While I don't think it builds the same length or volume as Beauty Tubes, it's pretty close. And my lashes remain quite soft after mascara application. Reading reviews on MA, I saw that this version of Double Extend was also being packaged with an evening lash serum so I just picked one up on ebay. I'm interested to see if my lash growth improves with continued use.

Just like Beauty Tubes, this Double Extend has two steps: a white eyelash primer followed by colored mascara. The mascara goes over the primer *before* the primer dries. It doesn't remove the same way as tubes, but is easily removed without residue with simple face wash or makeup remover. Would likely repurchase and alternate with the Beauty Tubes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara and I find it works quite well. I wish the formula was a bit heavier and drier, but after trying dozens of mascaras trying to replace Revlon Doubletwist I settled on this one for the time being until I find another HG. Double Extend, while not a HG contender b/c the formula is just a bit too light and wet, does give my lashes definition and a good rich dark colour. Its staying power is good and it doesn't get runny, which is a problem I have with so many other mascaras. I like the serum as well...while I don't have any problems with inadequate lash thickness or length, I do have rather brittle lashes and some fallout problems, which this serum seems to help with a bit. All in all I think this is quite good and will do nicely while I continue my HG search.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loooove it! Holy Grail material! First mascara EVER that doesn't smudge on me. I've tried several drugstore mascaras, high end mascaras, regular and waterproof formula. I have very oily skin so in less than 2 hours I have smudged mascara. I always have to retouch my makeup through out the day when wearing mascara. The secret is on the primer. I've tried L'oreal Voluminous, and Soft n' Full mascara with this primer and no smudges at all. It also comes off easier when removing. I will definitely buy again and recommend it.