Revlon Age Defying Spa Illuminator Pink Light

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

**RIGHT NOW 75% OFF AT CVS=$3.62!**
This stuff is Benefit's High Beam repackaged I swear! HB is $26 for 0.45 oz & Revlon's at full price is $13 for 1.00 oz so its really a bargain regardless of the super sale its on now. It an ethereal shimmering pink that gives an angelic glow. I use it over my mu or even on a bare face for a healthy sheen. Yes the brush sucks & no I don't own pliers, but a tweezer works fine, just plucks out fewer hairs I assume. Just plug in the tweezer to the base of the brush, grab a thick section of strands & pull! Keep going until u see the hole in the middle & now u can use it as a clean tube & save product. I like how u actually have to twist the top from ON to OFF, so I'm not afraid of squeezing this by accident while I carry it in my purse. Will I repurchase? NOT for a while, since I have over-stocked from this sale already! ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been on the search for this for awhile, and I couldn't find it anywhere. I went to Rite Aid last night, not expecting to find this, and it was there! There was only 1 left in Pink Light, but they had several in Gold and Nude Light. I grabbed the last pink one. I had heard that this was a dupe for Benefit High Beam, which I didn't want to invest money in. I really like this on my medium-tan warm skintone. Surprisingly, this works really well. The consistency is thinner and easier to blend than NAR'S new illuminators. The consistency is similar to a lotion. This isn't over the top or glittery like other illuminators. It gives a nice, natural glowy shimmer. Great drugstore find. I got this 20% with my wellness card. Check this out when the drugstores have the bogo sales, especially if you want to try various colors. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. I don't care for the attached brush. Too much product came out the first time I used this. They should redo the packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never tried highlighting before because my face can get so oily that I wasn't sure it would look good.

I saw pink light and decided to give it a try....Gooooooorgeous! I love it. I changed up my morning routine so I don't as oily (of course its still pretty bad) and this makes my makeup look a bit more natural and dewy. I add this on my cheekbones and a creme blush to the apples of my cheeks and I look....well...I don't want to say glowing, but it's a lot better than the complete matte look I always used to go for.

I'm have yellowish/neutral...ish.. undertones but this still worked for me. I think I'm going to go and get the gold light next.

I'm a fan from now on.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I managed a benefit counter, so yes, this is a dupe for high beam. Exactly. A bit thinner, but this should not deter you from purchasing it, since high beam can get a bit thick anyway. Both of these products are complete garbage when it comes to the packaging, if you ask me. Revlon has a stupid brush attached that wastes product, and high beam is packaged like nail polish (really, benefit? The point of this is what?). At least Revlon can be found much cheaper, and it's relatively easy to take pliers to the neck and remove the brush, as other reviewers mention. I recommend doing so, immediately upon purchase.

I am pale, cool, NW20 for ref, and this is a perfect highlighter for me. I prefer to use a beauty blender or skunk brush like the 187 to blend it. It's a great buy, and one of the very few Revlon products I really like.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this product - I just use it on my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose and I find it really makes my cheekbones 'pop' and makes my cheeks a nicer shape. I find highlighting my cheeks with this just makes my whole face dewier, but not oily looking. I have slightly oily skin but it never looks greasy with this.
I have very pale skin with a strong pink undertone and the colour suits me really well. Anyone with darker skin or a more prominent yellow tone probably wouldn't suit the pink colour (but the highlighter does come in other colours). The only annoying thing is the damn packaging which is annoying and unhygienic in my opinion. I squeeze the product onto my finger then onto my face because the brush they give you is near impossible to clean and feels sticky even when it's freshly washed. Seen as you have to rub the product in anyway a squeeze tube would be better packaging.
Anyway this is still one of my favourite make-up products.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a really nice highlighter that gives a healthy, dewy, glowing look without excessive color, glitter, or shimmer. I purchased this product on a whim in the drugstore and was pleasantly surprised. It is a bargain considering that it compares in quality to other highlighters that cost double the price. I use several other highlighters in various warmer shades, including Lorac, Nars, and Benefit High Beam. My hand reaches for this Revlon product more than the others in my makeup bag because it gives me a more natural look than the other products. My skin is medium, warm toned, and yet the pink light somehow works with my complexion. I wear it over moisturizer and under my foundation. This process likely tones down any pink or silver tones and makes it suitable for my coloring. I like that the product contains a SPF, but wish they could make it higher than 15.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I give it a 4 overall even though it doesn't necessarily work for me because I have to tweak it for my skin tone. Since I'm an NC this is a little to pink unless I do an eyeshadow with a pink/blue/silver base. Sounds weird but I have strong yellow undertones So I hope that makes sense. This product is pink iridescent with tiny silver glitters. It blends into the skin nicely. It doesn't collect in my fine lines and for that reason I love it underneath my eyes. Overall I really like Revlon's Age Defying Illuminators. They are all wearable and subtle. Very natural looking. I've been wearing them everyday and I swear I've been getting compliments on how nice my skin looks. It gives you a "glowing from within" radiance. I've yet to try Bronze Light but I think it will be fantastic for the summer. So far I like Gold Light the best and Bare Light second. I gave the packaging a 5 because once u rip the brush off it's perfect. It comes off so easily so it doesn't really inconvenience me. I think the on/off switch is genius! You only need the teeniest bit so this will last forever unless they spoil. I can't rant enough about the formula. It's so Moisturizing. If you have oily skin, be careful. I have dry skin so I love it. Price wise, well i paid $13 ea but my Gold Light came with a free lipgloss which was nice. For a drugstore brand yes these are expensive unless you catch a bogo or half off but they are still way cheaper than moon bean or Smashbox's illuminator. These are HG for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I loved this when it was Skinlights too. In fact, I think I may have some old skinlights lurking around under the bathroom sink--better throw that away!!! I wore the Pink Light in my engagement photo and my skin just GLOWED. I do not know why these companies insist on changing--in this case, just the name--of these products. If it aint broke, don't fix it. (See: Nivea creme, Pond's cold cream, Revlon raven red, etc.)

I have pink/ blue skin, so the Pink Light really looks the best on me. Bare light is ok, but the pink really makes me glow. I have pretty sensitive skin, and if I'm having an "itchy" day, the sunscreens in this do make me itch a little, but no redness or bumps. And no clogged pores either--and that's an achievement, because although I have very dry skin, it clogs at the drop of a hat.

I am not sure this would be suitable for oily skin. It seems like it might "smother" a skin that already has moisture, since it's very emollient.

Here's my recent profile picture of me in Pink Light:

The brush, which initially seemed like a nice touch to me, really strikes me as dirty and gross now, like a bacteria farm. I don't use it. I'd like to remove it like another poster said. That I had to take off for.

Well, I have to join in the chorus of people who like this highlighter. It's great. After reading the reviews I decided to get the pink light. Very nice! Looks very natural but really lifts the skin. I don't like the smell. I am a migraine sufferer so I'm very careful about anything scented but this does not cause me any problem. I've kind of gotten to like the smell even. I did pull the brush out with pliers like people suggested. worked perfectly & boy do you save product by doing that. A lot was just sticking & drying in the brush. I even compared this to benefit high beam and thought this was nicer. great stuff! now I want to try the gold light!

*******I believe this is discontined.**********

PROS: A lot cheaper than most highlighters. Soft, very subtle, but still sufficient highlight. Does not make me more oily. Doesn't make my big pores look bigger.

CONS: Still not cheap. Wish they had more range of colors because the lightest one they have, pink light, is too pink for my N15 (leaning to NC) skin. The next lightest one, bare light, is fine, but I wish it were just a bit lighter. Gold light was too dark on me.

USAGE TIPS: The brush, as others have mentioned, just traps and wastes product. (I did as others suggested and pulled out the bristles with pliers....make sure you turn the cap to "off" first!! Then the packaging works fine.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I just apply lightly with fingers and blend quickly.

ALTERNATES: Some say this is a great cheaper dupe for High Beam by Benefit. I personally think High Beam is a bit frostier. The "Bare Light" color is a great dupe for Moon Beam because it is more natural (Moon Beam has a little more iridescence.)