Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

3.8

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil/Rosehip Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia oil/Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil/Geranium Oil, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil fmla 685449/18 Code F.I.L: D39273/5

on 3/31/2015 7:27:00 AM

This was my first Kiehl's product that I have tried. Such a surprise! I have a sensitive skin and usually some red patches on my face especially in the mornings. This concentrate made the tone of my skin even and dehydrated.

This concentrate has a strong smell, which may be a problem for some people, but the smell vanishes quite quickly.

on 3/28/2015 5:33:00 PM

I have purchased and fully finished this product twice. The quality was good and I found myself waking up with soft skin but I wasn't that thrilled by it for the price. No breakouts but also no wow factor.

on 3/23/2015 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an ok product. Not bad at all. But it's not a stand out when there are so many others that seem to benefit the skin more. It does make your skin soft and luminous the next day but so does Tarte Maracuja Oil or Nude Oil or any other facial oils I've tried. It doesn't stand out from anything else I've tried. The only thing in the running for that is the Sunday Riley Luna Oil. (AMAZEBALLS).. I do like the Kiehl's but when there are so many others in competition that do primarily the same thing I guess you have to go with the better bang for your budget! :-)

on 3/23/2015 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I was given a bottle of the Midnight Recovery serum by a friend who said it broke her out in itchy bumps. Since my skin usually responds well to most oils, except grapeseed, I decided to give it a try. The dropper bottle is very neat and it's easy to avoid making a mess. 1 + for that.
I cleansed and toned my skin before applying the serum. First thought: yikes, lavender! The essential oils have a very strong scent which might put some people off. It sunk in nicely but left my cheeks feeling dry, so I applied the Kiehl's Multi Corrective-Cream to seal it in. After about an hour my face felt warm and uncomfortable and when I looked in the mirror my face looked kind of blotchy. It settled down before I fell asleep but the morning after I woke up to parched and uncomfortably dry skin accompanied by a red patch which had developed on my left cheek. Not a breakout, just angry skin.
This particular mix of essential oils was obviously too harsh for both me and my friend. My advice for anyone looking for hydration in the form of oils would be to look elsewhere! Try The Organic Pharmacy's 'Skin Rescue Oil' instead.

on 3/17/2015 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Everyone has pretty much said it. This product needs to be in your routine. It's pricey but definitely worth it. My skin is so soft after using it and glows! The lavender smells is so calming just before bedtime. I can't even begin to describe how soft and supple my skin is using it and it's only been a week.

on 3/15/2015 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been on the hunt for this oil but it is sold out nationwide, and rightfully so. This is an amazing oil for people of all ages, but maybe not all skin types since everyone is different. I had sensitive, acne-prone, oily/combo skin and this worked very well for me. To extend the life of this I would mix it in with some Hawaiian Tropic after sun lotion (with the green ribbons) and massage this all over the face. In the morning I would wake up with glowing skin. The price is a huge let down, but if you can save $50 this product will last about 7-10 months. I have tried other alternatives (L'oreal, bio-oil, garnier, etc.) but nothing comes close to this. This has also diminished the look of my acne scars :)

on 3/14/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

It's full of irritating essential oils that upset my sensitive skin. After some weeks of facial use about 1 year ago, this product has been demoted to the lowly job of cuticle oil. And it could even do that better. The only reason I still employ it at all is because it cost so much.

on 3/10/2015 11:29:00 PM

Really wanted to love this product. I have combination acne prone skin and this product broke me out after a night! The smell is great and a little goes a long way. Other suggested uses are on the body however at that price, there are other cheaper great options (ie: Now's Jojoba Oil which lasts me months and has replaced my body lotion and make up remover!).

on 3/8/2015 11:12:00 AM

I really like this facial oil and use it every night to keep my skin hydrated and plump. I find this very affordable in comparison to other high end facial oils and the dropper means you can control the amount of product and a little goes a long way. I find my skin feels more hydrated and smoother when I use this and the aromatherapy benefits are very soothing just before bed. Amongst my friends this seems to be a bit of a marmite product some of us love it and some of us hate it.

on 3/4/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have mixed feeling about this product. On one hand my skin seems restored the next day, more elasticity, less signs of lines etc. On the other hand one or more of the ingredients cause me a light rash. I tend to use this after my skin looks run down. I will use it for a week or so that my skin improves but stop so the rash goes away.

Popular Treatments (Face)