April 19, 2014 | 1836 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Turkish Delight Smoothie

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The gorgeous scent of this product should get 5 stars, but its messiness, impracticality and packaging get 0, so it averages out to 3. It's drying, hard to spread around and kind of a strange product in general, but the fragrance is heavenly. I love the suggestion below to use it as perfume; certainly worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Katie486

I loved the smell of this, strong rose scent which is quite luxurious! Was unsure I wanted to commit due to the price but I was interested to try the concept of a shower smoothie. I was so keen to try this so forked out the $25 for the smallish tub.When I jumped in the shower I loved the smell of this on my skin but found the product really messy and hard to use. I wasn't sure how much of it I really needed to use and found most of what I scooped out ended up falling all over the ground in clumps before I could rub it in, honestly felt like I was wasting more product than I was getting on me which was a bit sad. Thaught it might work better on a loofah but it all just got stuck in the loofah and flew all over the shower. This was just awkward to use and not enjoyable like I thaught it would be. If this was more of a mousse like consistency it might be better perhaps? Sadly I won't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by kabukiKILLER

I bought this for myself for my birthday after I tried a sample of it. It is incredibly expensive, but it smells wonderful and leaves the skin very clean, lovely-smelling and lightly moisturized. It's pretty much perfect. Definitely get this if you're in the mood to reward yourself for a job well-done or a splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Stacela72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Incredible smell. Expensive, but the smell alone is worth it. I do not use this as a wash. I use it as a perfume. After I shower I put some in my hands, rub together and run it through my hair, then I rub a small amount on my neck. My hair smells awesome all day and It does not irritate my skin. I have had my jar for 6 months and still have a lot left. If used as a body polish / wash this product would be too expensive.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by BubbleTeaGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What is the Turkish Delight Smoothie? Well, basically this is a very creamy lotion-like body wash that you apply before you hop into the shower. Once you're in the shower, don't rinse it off right away. Use a bit of water to lather up the product you just smeared all over yourself. Supposedly this is packed with moisturizing ingredients that helps with your dry skin. It's rated 4.4 lippies based on the 20 reviews here. Why do I only give 3 lippies for this amazing product? 1 lippie is awarded to the all natural ingredients they use. Another lippie for the amazing smell that filled up not only in my bathroom, but my whole apartment! Last lippie for the creativity behind the product. However, I take half lippie off because it's not moisturizing at all. Not when you rinse it off, not when you pat yourself dry, nada. Another half lippie off because even though the smell fills up the place, it doesn't stay on my skin! Another half lippie off for the price. $32.95 for 7 oz is really a rip-off for a nice smelling body wash. And last but not least, another half lippie off for the unsanitary design of the container. Since you're supposed to rub this on before you shower, you're digging your finger back and forth between your not-yet-showered body and the container.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product, smells fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by arwenfruit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is some incredible stuff. I'm using my second pot and I most admit the first I got was obvioulsy from a bad batch. It had somekind of a different texture, it didn't look as buttery and it certainly didn't smell as good as my recent one. So I used it up as a shaving creme. What a mistake!! After reading such flattering rewievs I had to open it up again in a store in Ljubljana. Just by the smell I could tell it was different, it was good. As I came home with it, I put it on my hands and just smell it for some time, but then I forgot about it. I washed my hands after some time and I found out my hands are incredibly smooth, silk like. I repeated that on my whole body and face.... MY GOD HOW I LOVE IT. I just have to let it air dry on skin, and then rince it. I use it on my whole body and it's amazing on my face too. It's like a cleasning yet moisturizing mask + it smells decadently delicious. I found another great use for it - after rinsing the soap I towel myself briefly so that my skin is still damp but not soaked. I first do my thing with Aqua Mirabilis and cover it with TD. I polish my body with these two products and then rinse. Result: the most amazing soft, silky, deliciously frangranced skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of LUSH's more expensive products, but I believe that's probably due to the amount of rose extracted ingredients that it contains. In my opinion, Turkish Delight is worth the price. I don't use it as much as a shower smoothie (AKA body wash/lotion hybrid) but more as a shaving product. My skin is prone to shaving irritation, but when I use TD it doesn't get irritated at all. And over time, it actually starts to make my skin seem more healthy. I do occasionally rub it all over before I use a scrub, but otherwise I mainly use it for shaving. One tub lasts a super-long time as you only need a tiny bit (whether you're washing with it or shaving.)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by BunnySlippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The price is really ridiculous, let me start off with that..

But when it was first released and I took a whiff I was sold. This is one of the most amazing scents I have ever smelled, roses, lemony, fresh, mouthwatering etc. etc..!

The texture feels really nice, although it didn't always apply like a dream, lots of chunks of this very expensive stuff directly washed away. Oops..

Also I really don't like the packaging, it is not very convenient for the shower, it is almost impossible to prevent water from seaping into the jar. Also I HATE to dig this stuff out of a jar, a tube or dispenser woulde have been nicer.

Another downside: I absolutely love the smell, but it doesn't really linger after you rinse it off.. Very faint, almost not noticeable, hat truly is a shame..

I actually mainly open the jar just to take a whiff, strange I know, but the scent is just mesmerizing! I would love to have a scented candle or a product that will linger after using it!

Pro's:
- That heavenly, heavenly smell!
- The smoothie/ custard texture is quite nice
- Leaves skin soft (but nothing special)

Con's:
- Expensive
- Scent doesn't linger (or too little) after use
- Hate the packaging
- Doesn't do anything special except smell nice (since I expect a product from that price range to do something extra.)

Will I buy it again? I am really torn.. I am truly addicted to the smell, but the idea of purchasing this rather expensive jar just for sniffing purposes makes me feel like I have a problem..

So no, I will not buy it again. I wil probably visit a Lush store onc in a while to take a whiff haha

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

This is one of the first Lush product that I bought. It wasn't love at first smell cos I didn't like the smell initially, and it didn't lather, I wasn't sure if I was clean after using this in the shower. Then as I used it a few more times, I began to love the smell, it is not the fake rose smell in commercial brand bath products, rather, it is a heady and intoxicating herbal smell.