November 23, 2014 | 2022 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Turkish Delight Smoothie

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Lovely scented bath smoothie/soap/moisturizer. The scent does stay on you so make sure you like it before you buy. It really does moisturize compared to other body washes/soaps I've used. I bought it because my skin gets so dry in the winter, this is really helping. It is a bit of a pain to use. I put some of it in a Lush sample jar (the tiny black jars for lip products) and apply it from there so I do not have to try and maneuver with the larger tub. The small jar also keeps me from using too much product and wasting it, I can get about 3-4 used from the tiny jar, a little goes a long way with this product and it needs to because it's really expensive. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this body wash/soap/whatever it is. For me, the smell alone is worth shelling out the ridiculous price for the tub. It leaves my skin very clean and slightly moisturized, I still need lotion afterward. I don't use a lot of it, so it lasts a while. It makes my whole bathroom smell delicious.
The last time I visited the Lush store, the SA used this with the Glorious Mud to make as scrub, so now I use that as a hand or body scrub and it works amazingly well. I use more of the Turkish Delight to get a scrub texture but it's worth it.
I love this product and will absolutely keep buying it, it's such a treat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Luxury in a tub my friends, luxury in a tub.
I didn't buy this at first because (1) it's pricey and (2) in the store it smells insanely rosey. But having loved the idea of shower smoothies, I splashed out. This smells a LOT better at home, all lathered up, compared to how it smelled in store, in the little concentrated space of the tub. It just smells like expensive roses. I used it throughout winter as it is somewhat moisturising (though very dry skin might require a little bit more moisture than this gives).
I can see what people mean about flakes/chunks. Towards the bottom of my tub, there was one little hard cluster. I can only suggest asking to have a peak inside while in the store to make sure there aren't any "lighter" sections which is what this looked like. Once I worked it through my hands a bit they weren't a problem, and 95% of the tub was fine, but I did find weird "hard" parts at the end of using it.
I just loved the smell and feel and ease of use of this product, I will buy it again, though probably not any time soon as it's not a very summery fragrance or process!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

If you like rose scents, you HAVE to check this out. I read the reviews before using it a second time, which meant I covered myself with it and jumped in the shower, executing various poses to wash one body part while letting the others marinate in this moussy, slightly thick heavenly scented body wash. I can't decide if that's worse than holding it out of the shower stream to keep water from getting in the product with one hand while scrubbing away with the other. The scent does linger, and it does moisturize but it sure is wonky. Maybe if you have a tub/shower combo, it would be easier for you. I am going to also try the perfume method.

UPDATE: Smash a bit into a shower poof, this way no contortionist acts are needed to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The gorgeous scent of this product should get 5 stars, but its messiness, impracticality and packaging get 0, so it averages out to 3. It's drying, hard to spread around and kind of a strange product in general, but the fragrance is heavenly. I love the suggestion below to use it as perfume; certainly worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Katie486

I loved the smell of this, strong rose scent which is quite luxurious! Was unsure I wanted to commit due to the price but I was interested to try the concept of a shower smoothie. I was so keen to try this so forked out the $25 for the smallish tub.When I jumped in the shower I loved the smell of this on my skin but found the product really messy and hard to use. I wasn't sure how much of it I really needed to use and found most of what I scooped out ended up falling all over the ground in clumps before I could rub it in, honestly felt like I was wasting more product than I was getting on me which was a bit sad. Thaught it might work better on a loofah but it all just got stuck in the loofah and flew all over the shower. This was just awkward to use and not enjoyable like I thaught it would be. If this was more of a mousse like consistency it might be better perhaps? Sadly I won't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by kabukiKILLER

I bought this for myself for my birthday after I tried a sample of it. It is incredibly expensive, but it smells wonderful and leaves the skin very clean, lovely-smelling and lightly moisturized. It's pretty much perfect. Definitely get this if you're in the mood to reward yourself for a job well-done or a splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Stacela72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Incredible smell. Expensive, but the smell alone is worth it. I do not use this as a wash. I use it as a perfume. After I shower I put some in my hands, rub together and run it through my hair, then I rub a small amount on my neck. My hair smells awesome all day and It does not irritate my skin. I have had my jar for 6 months and still have a lot left. If used as a body polish / wash this product would be too expensive.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by BubbleTeaGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What is the Turkish Delight Smoothie? Well, basically this is a very creamy lotion-like body wash that you apply before you hop into the shower. Once you're in the shower, don't rinse it off right away. Use a bit of water to lather up the product you just smeared all over yourself. Supposedly this is packed with moisturizing ingredients that helps with your dry skin. It's rated 4.4 lippies based on the 20 reviews here. Why do I only give 3 lippies for this amazing product? 1 lippie is awarded to the all natural ingredients they use. Another lippie for the amazing smell that filled up not only in my bathroom, but my whole apartment! Last lippie for the creativity behind the product. However, I take half lippie off because it's not moisturizing at all. Not when you rinse it off, not when you pat yourself dry, nada. Another half lippie off because even though the smell fills up the place, it doesn't stay on my skin! Another half lippie off for the price. $32.95 for 7 oz is really a rip-off for a nice smelling body wash. And last but not least, another half lippie off for the unsanitary design of the container. Since you're supposed to rub this on before you shower, you're digging your finger back and forth between your not-yet-showered body and the container.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product, smells fabulous!