April 17, 2014 | 1771 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Mineral Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Arrflorr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it!!! I was skeptical at first because i used to use neutrogena products and it literally dried my skin so bad! But this is a must esp for oily/ acne prone skin. Will def re purchase this or the mineral powder!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

It's pretty expensive for a drug store powder. I think I paid about $15 at walmart. But it lasts a long time. I've used it almost every day for a year & I just recently hit pan. Plus I have oily skin, so I use a lot of powder. It has good coverage. I don't really get acne so I'm not sure if it actually helps clear skin. But it's a good powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

I generally like this product. The first time I bought it was about two years ago with my mom when I was first starting out with makeup because my she likes Neutrogena, didn't want me wearing foundation, and I'm acne-prone and she suggested I get something that covered up naturally and helped clear my skin. It's not really anything special, but it helps and I trust it. I generally use it only on problem areas that actually need coverage and clearing. I use it with an anti-acne system, so I guess that helps. It doesn't work overnight, but it works. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you're an acne sufferer. Consider it an additional daytime step for clearing your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Irenelb

I have a love hate relationship with this product, it's a very heavy powder that makes my face look cakey. I don't wear much of it, and the powder still sinks into my smile lines almost instantly and gets quite annoying. At the same time, my face looks almost flawless with it, it really is an amazing full coverage!

As for skin cleaning, i don't really see a difference but that's not the reason i bought the product so i find this of least importance.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was looking for better coverage than my BareMinerals because my face had a horrible breakout and I must say this did great and was less translucent than the BareMinerals. Unfortunately I scar dark when my skin heals from anything and this hid it much better than my usual minerals. A nice matte finish during the hot summer days and since I have a nice dark tan it seemed to blend nicely with my skin tone without making me look dirty.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Jessiboo5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried many things to get to that IMPOSSIBLE dream of clear flawless skin. Then my friends turned me on to neutrogena. I tried the healthy skin line and foun it to be a little too oily for my combo skin so I switched to this line and love it!!! I use the liquid foundation and then set it with this powder.yes this powder alone is a little thin and cakey, but when paired with the liquid foundation its a beautiful coverage and acne healing system! Ive only used it for about two weeks and all my breakouts are gone and there aren't any new ones! Not for major acne prone skin but good for mild to moderate acne! Like tops 5-7 blemishes! Would def recommend the whole line as a system!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Dvora217

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it. This product provides sheer coverage and definitely help cure the few acne spots i had. The only problem with this is that it doesn't go on so evenly... a primer or moisturizer would be necessary... but other then that it helps keep my face from getting oily and makes my skin appear smooth and non greasy the entire day. ( 2-3 reapplications during the day are sometimes necessary).In addition this product would be best for fair skin in the lightest shade because it does appear darker on the face then in the package.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by yaldak

I bought this after reading lotttttttttts of reviews. I have acne-prone and oily skin and I wanted to buy something with medium coverage and healthy ingredients. I read that those foundation with Bismuth and sometimes Talc are not good for acne-prone skin. So mineral cosmetics sound like a better choice, of course if you are not sensitive to them (because some people are). Among all expensive and inexpensive lines I found Sepohra Collection Mineral Foundation Compact(which is discontinued and is only available online and the new equivalent does not have the same ingredients), Neutrogena Mineral Sheers and SkinClearing as my best choices. I chose Skinclearing as I thought it may be better as it will cure my acne and prevent any further ones with the salicylic acid it has(I'm not sensitive to anti-acne acids as I used them everyday in my Neutrogena oil free Acne wash everyday). I bought it from CVS because of their wonderful guarantee to get the beauty products back(with receipt) if you are unhappy, even if it's opened, I thought I would give it a try. First of all, the sponge (more like a compressed towel) was very awkward and didn't work very well. The coverage was almost sheer (not very bad) and the color (natural ivory) was dark for me. I have a fair-yellowish skin but this made me look tanned and because of the difference of the color and weak coverage, my skin doesn't look the same in everywhere at all. So if you have a light skin (not necessarily fair) make sure to go for the only lightest shade which is Classic Ivory. I'm going to try that shade but this time in the liquid form of the same line to see if that one covers more smoothly and if that doesn't work either, I may buy Mineral Sheers.
Good luck with finding your favorite foundation;)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ChellBell

I used to buy this product a lot and i never had that many problems with it. it didn't let my face get all greasy by the end of the day if i kept re-applying it, but the coverage could have been better (not as chalky and thin), and i easily found better powders at wayyy better prices!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by chixxiemiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mineral powder for a very long time and i really like it! it keeps my skin matte, and provides good coverage. It feels great on my skin and does not cause break outs or any skin problems. I don't like using concealer or foundation on my face because i have mind acne. instead i apply and regular oil-free acne care moisturizer and then apply this powder over it, and the result looks great!
although on the package it may say that it "clears skin" i really don't believe it actually does, though i wasn't expecting it too. if you want something to clear your skin of acne and other skin problems then use neutrogena's regular skin care products.