December 22, 2014 | 956 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Mineral Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by applecour

BROKE ME OUT. I used this back in 2010 and couldn't remember why I ever stopped because it looked so pretty on, and even overt liquid foundation. then about a week in, I noticed pimples on my forehead and clogged pores on my chin. returned for full refund. won't ever go there again. guess this is why I stopped using it in the first place.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Kimdashylips

ABSOLUTELY READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE TRYING. most of those reviewing this product simply do not understand its use or even how it works. First: if one has very dry skin, then ANY POWDER (WHICH IS ALREADY DRYING) with salicylic acid in it obviously is going to be way to overwhelming for your skin. Even combo may not like this powder. However I AM AN ACNE SUFFERER. I get tons of extremely clogged pores. I started using maybelline bb cream and then topping that off with this powder...WOW. this powder hides all pores, and ISNT FOR COVERAGE, but is for a nice matte flawless/poreless finish. It is drying but my skin is very oily and thats what I need. The applicator is amazing, and I get tons of compliments about my skin after using this. I can build coverage using mac fix plus. Me an my friends swear by this makeup and the fact that IT GETS NO CREDIT IS ANNOYING. like if this gets discontinued ill freak out because its great. FOR A NORMAL ROUTINE for those with different skin then I, USE A HEAVY MOISTURIZER, FOLLOWED BY PRIMER. PUT ON YOUR FOUNDATION AND THEN FINISH OFF BY PATTING THIS ON. F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S. ITS GREAT.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by tessamen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this powder but it doesn't have much coverage. I've purchased 2 or 3 because I use it to set my makeup, I have acne prone skin and it keeps me relatively shine free until I need a touch up. I think I'll try Neutrogena's shine free powder, it's reviews are a bit better

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by FireyHeart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't like this powder at all at first. It didn't cover up ANYTHING, it caked up easily, and it's ironic that they call it "mineral" powder because it includes talc, parabens, etc. that some people usually avoid.

The salicylic acid percentage is too low to actually heal up your acne. At an only .05 percentage, you need to use this in conjunction with other things (such as the skinclearing liquid foundation and other skin care products) to really heal acne, but using up all of these products at once will obviously dry your skin out like crazy, which may result in even more exess sebum, ironically breaking you out even more, thus defeating the purpose. However, it does seen to prevent acne from getting any worse. It doesn't break me out.

However, there is some good in this powder, too. At first when I used it, I caked it up in an effort to make it cover up something and not only it failed, it looked abnormally matte and cakey, which made it obvious that I had powder on. After not using it for quite a while, I gave it one more chance by simply setting my makeup with it. It actually looked pretty good. With only a sheer layer, it mattified and set my makeup. Any more than just one layer will automatically make it look way to dry and cakey. I should also mention that because it contains a low percentage of salicylic acid, it's safe to use around the eyes.

Overall, I would use up this powder until I run out, but I wouldn't recommend this powder to anyone at this performance and at this price point, especially to dry skinned people. Trust me- if you have dry skin, you'd hate it. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by adreanac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this powder. It's not full coverage, but looks really natural. I moisturize, apply concealer, then apply this powder with a big face brush. My skin looks so natural & people ask if I'm wearing makeup. Perfect for summer because its light and not heavy. I buy it on sale bogo half off. So if you're looking for an everyday product that is natural & not so done up- this is great. Doesn't break me out or leave me oily. I have combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kgallagher12

This did not clear up my skin at all! Its great as a setting powder over liquid foundation. But alone it gives absolutely no coverage! I would not repurchase this because it isnt the best powder and i like the rimmel stay matte better

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by ayeitsmonica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though it claims to "help treat and prevent breakouts" and even though the powder is titled "Skin Clearing" this broke me out because it contained some harsh ingredients like talc. Most powders avoid using talc for a reason. It also contained mica but I don't know if mica is either bad or good for the skin as I've heard people argue about mica...This powder is NOT for sensitive skin. Probably not for acne prone skin either because it might cause break outs. Also, it didn't have any shades for darker skin tones for females with darker skin. The powder claims it's "non-irritating" but the ingredients are pretty irritating...My overall rating was based on how the powder reacted to my skin since the powder's purpose was to help and prevent breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Arrflorr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it!!! I was skeptical at first because i used to use neutrogena products and it literally dried my skin so bad! But this is a must esp for oily/ acne prone skin. Will def re purchase this or the mineral powder!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

It's pretty expensive for a drug store powder. I think I paid about $15 at walmart. But it lasts a long time. I've used it almost every day for a year & I just recently hit pan. Plus I have oily skin, so I use a lot of powder. It has good coverage. I don't really get acne so I'm not sure if it actually helps clear skin. But it's a good powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally like this product. The first time I bought it was about two years ago with my mom when I was first starting out with makeup because my she likes Neutrogena, didn't want me wearing foundation, and I'm acne-prone and she suggested I get something that covered up naturally and helped clear my skin. It's not really anything special, but it helps and I trust it. I generally use it only on problem areas that actually need coverage and clearing. I use it with an anti-acne system, so I guess that helps. It doesn't work overnight, but it works. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you're an acne sufferer. Consider it an additional daytime step for clearing your skin.