Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder

3.2

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polyethylene, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Nylon 12, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Polysilicone 11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 4/30/2014 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is literally my Holy Grail Powder. The price is a bit high for the drugstore, hence the one lippie taken off, but other than that I have no complaints about the product. I have the shade Nude 40 which is perfect for my skintone. This powder keeps me so matte because the Salicylic Acid dries out my face which for an oily grease ball like me is essential to nice makeup. Sure, this doesn't clear up my acne or prevent it by any means but the medicine in it does wonders at oil control. A definite repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

this was an overall good product. i got this on sale for $9. it somewhat covers my imperfections. its very sheer but enough to cover. the "skin clearing" thing isn't really a lie but not really the truth either. it doesn't clear up acne, just kinda makes it smaller but enough to make it unnoticeable. i really like that it is really milled and is easy to apply. a downside to this product is it only has shades for light toned people. i have somewhat dark skin but the powder is very sheer and blends amazingly so thats not really a problem. would i repurchase? maybe, but only if its on sale because the original price is around $14 at the drugstore.

on 12/27/2013 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought Nude 40, which looks a tad too dark on my light skin in the winter time. The powder does a good job of covering my jawline acne and redness and it doesn't seem to cause any acne. It has talc and parabens though so I will probably switch to a true mineral powder even though they cost more. This is good enough to keep using until it runs out, but I probably won't buy it again.

on 10/29/2013 7:30:00 PM

BROKE ME OUT. I used this back in 2010 and couldn't remember why I ever stopped because it looked so pretty on, and even overt liquid foundation. then about a week in, I noticed pimples on my forehead and clogged pores on my chin. returned for full refund. won't ever go there again. guess this is why I stopped using it in the first place.

on 9/16/2013 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

ABSOLUTELY READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE TRYING. most of those reviewing this product simply do not understand its use or even how it works. First: if one has very dry skin, then ANY POWDER (WHICH IS ALREADY DRYING) with salicylic acid in it obviously is going to be way to overwhelming for your skin. Even combo may not like this powder. However I AM AN ACNE SUFFERER. I get tons of extremely clogged pores. I started using maybelline bb cream and then topping that off with this powder...WOW. this powder hides all pores, and ISNT FOR COVERAGE, but is for a nice matte flawless/poreless finish. It is drying but my skin is very oily and thats what I need. The applicator is amazing, and I get tons of compliments about my skin after using this. I can build coverage using mac fix plus. Me an my friends swear by this makeup and the fact that IT GETS NO CREDIT IS ANNOYING. like if this gets discontinued ill freak out because its great. FOR A NORMAL ROUTINE for those with different skin then I, USE A HEAVY MOISTURIZER, FOLLOWED BY PRIMER. PUT ON YOUR FOUNDATION AND THEN FINISH OFF BY PATTING THIS ON. F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S. ITS GREAT.

on 7/31/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this powder but it doesn't have much coverage. I've purchased 2 or 3 because I use it to set my makeup, I have acne prone skin and it keeps me relatively shine free until I need a touch up. I think I'll try Neutrogena's shine free powder, it's reviews are a bit better

on 7/22/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I didn't like this powder at all at first. It didn't cover up ANYTHING, it caked up easily, and it's ironic that they call it "mineral" powder because it includes talc, parabens, etc. that some people usually avoid.

The salicylic acid percentage is too low to actually heal up your acne. At an only .05 percentage, you need to use this in conjunction with other things (such as the skinclearing liquid foundation and other skin care products) to really heal acne, but using up all of these products at once will obviously dry your skin out like crazy, which may result in even more exess sebum, ironically breaking you out even more, thus defeating the purpose. However, it does seen to prevent acne from getting any worse. It doesn't break me out.

However, there is some good in this powder, too. At first when I used it, I caked it up in an effort to make it cover up something and not only it failed, it looked abnormally matte and cakey, which made it obvious that I had powder on. After not using it for quite a while, I gave it one more chance by simply setting my makeup with it. It actually looked pretty good. With only a sheer layer, it mattified and set my makeup. Any more than just one layer will automatically make it look way to dry and cakey. I should also mention that because it contains a low percentage of salicylic acid, it's safe to use around the eyes.

Overall, I would use up this powder until I run out, but I wouldn't recommend this powder to anyone at this performance and at this price point, especially to dry skinned people. Trust me- if you have dry skin, you'd hate it. I will not repurchase.

on 7/7/2013 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like this powder. It's not full coverage, but looks really natural. I moisturize, apply concealer, then apply this powder with a big face brush. My skin looks so natural & people ask if I'm wearing makeup. Perfect for summer because its light and not heavy. I buy it on sale bogo half off. So if you're looking for an everyday product that is natural & not so done up- this is great. Doesn't break me out or leave me oily. I have combination skin.

on 6/27/2013 3:13:00 PM

This did not clear up my skin at all! Its great as a setting powder over liquid foundation. But alone it gives absolutely no coverage! I would not repurchase this because it isnt the best powder and i like the rimmel stay matte better

on 6/19/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Even though it claims to "help treat and prevent breakouts" and even though the powder is titled "Skin Clearing" this broke me out because it contained some harsh ingredients like talc. Most powders avoid using talc for a reason. It also contained mica but I don't know if mica is either bad or good for the skin as I've heard people argue about mica...This powder is NOT for sensitive skin. Probably not for acne prone skin either because it might cause break outs. Also, it didn't have any shades for darker skin tones for females with darker skin. The powder claims it's "non-irritating" but the ingredients are pretty irritating...My overall rating was based on how the powder reacted to my skin since the powder's purpose was to help and prevent breakouts.