MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.7

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

on 5/19/2013 1:25:00 PM

Well, it's official: I'm now at the stage in my life when I like moisturising foundations. This one gives medium coverage and the NC42 is a perfect match (much like the Face & Body in C4+C5) and with more neutral undertones/less intense pigmentation than other formulations in the NC range. Very pleased!

Nice, moist feel. I use my fingers instead of the sponge because it allows me to apply sparingly. I prefer to use Studio Sculpt under my eyes because of its texture/brightness, but this works for the rest of my face - and I don't use very much or take it out towards the jawline. I'm not sure I'd call the cover 'natural' - not much skin shows through, even used sparingly. For that (a more natural finish) I'd probably go back to a couple of pea sized amounts of F&B.

I bought this because I like using professional creams like Ben Nye and RCMA, but wanted a nice compact version with a mirror, and also one where I knew my exact shade and didn't have to mix. Plus I trust MAC's formulations -- this is my favourite compact cream. I used Bobbi Brown's Cream Compact (dis/c) years ago, but it had a slightly grey look and gave my face a 'consumptive' quality. No such issues with Mineralize. Bright enough to match my skin and give it a lift, but not too heavy on the yellow.

Whatever I try -- Bobbi Brown, Professional base, Prescriptives or Mercier, I *always* come back to MAC. They produce the correct formulations in the right shades for my skin type and colour -- and the price is pretty good.

on 4/28/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Ive always wanted tot ry this because they say it looks like skin, and it does.
It is a cream foundation that i paid $59AUD for, i think its about 10ml (i am not entirely sure though). comes in a container/compact similar to studio fix powder plus foundation, with a sponge at the bottom of the flip top.
i can nc30 in this, i am nc 40 in pro longwear and a 4 in matchmaster. I use MSFN in med-dark to set this foundation because it is abit light for me, and the nc35 was too yellow for my tone.
It looks amazing on for the first 4 hours, then my oily skin tends to break through. it doesnt feel heavy, but you can feel something there and there is no smell.
I apply with a sigmaf84 brush and pat/buff into the skin, and it looks very natural and almost undetectable.
the coverage is medium and you can sheer it down to light if you use a wet sponge. it covers my acne scars well though not red pus pimples. i still need a concealer.
It does not control oil very well and for me, doe snot stick to my ry patches around my mouth. at about the 4th hour, it mixes with my oils and goes patchy and kid of, fades into an oily mess?
i would reccomdned this for people with dry skin, and for those days you only need to go out for a couple of hours. i imagine it would be great on people with dry/normal skin thats why i gave it a 5

on 4/22/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the only foundation that has worked for me. tried many others from Mac and Lancome TIU but they dried me out. I absolutely love this foundation but the shades NW50 and NW55 are being discountinued which is a shame. Very disappinted with Mac continuously getting ride of darker shades. one lasts me about months since i only use a little for super light coverage with a 187 brush.

on 4/13/2013 8:22:00 AM

The NC20 was a good match as usual. Nice shade. Good staying power.
But if you put this on your eyelids, it bunches up like cray cray. Definitely not suitable for eye area. Also, this, even layered four times, did NOT cover my blue undereye area or veins on the side of my forehead. It corrected some of the redness in my face, but that's it. You could still see my acne scars very much under this. Too sheer for me. Did not cake though.

on 4/9/2013 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first make-up I'd ever purchase from MAC! Excellent product! It's a mixture of powder and foundation that's good for an everyday look. I'm NC45 and the color is a perfect match!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is my first MAC foundation and I've been very happy with it. I don't usually buy non-drugstore products but I was at my wits end with trying to find a yellow base and therefore, knowing their good reputation with shades, I chose MAC. I have fair skin with a strong yellow/green undertone and was matched to NC20.
This is lovely for both day and night and has great staying power on my skin (which is oily). I apply it only where needed for sheer coverage (with fingers) or build it up for medium coverage in the evenings (with the sponge, which gives FLAWLESS coverage!!) Either way, I find it always looks natural. I then apply Bare Minerals Veil over the top and it lasts me all day which is AMAZING - with my previous foundation I was oily after only a couple of hours.
This does not break me out either, which is a big concern for me. My skin is sensitive in terms of both acne and redness and I know after one application whether or not a product is suitable. I have had no reaction to this whatsoever and will definitely be testing out some of the other mineral products.
I've knocked one star off because the size of the compact is misleading in terms of how much product you get, it looks like there will be more than there is. I do think, however, that spending a little extra was far better than wasting even more money on drug store foundations that I'm never happy with!

on 2/3/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is okay. It goes on smooth, but after it's been on my face for an hour or so it starts to look cakey. Also, I have ance prone skin and it makes me break out. I'll have to stick to bare minerals.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Let me start off by saying I love this foundation but there are some issues I have with it at the same time.
Here we go.... I love just about everything about the product itself... my only complaint is the price. Its $33 for 10 grams. I've been using it daily for 2 weeks and have already hit pan. I naturally have great skin, I just used foundation to even my skin tone so it's not like I'm caking this on. I also dont reapply through out the day as I feel that its gross to apply fresh foundation to a dirty face. I use a painter brush to apply and blend it out with my fingers or my kabuki brush ..... so the amount of product in this was a big disappointment for me. If the the price dropped by at least $10 or they increase the amount of product, I would continue to repurchase... but it's just not worth $33 in my opinion. Hitting pan in 2 weeks is just ridiculous!

on 1/27/2013 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I hate this foundation!!! It takes a lot for me to hate something but this is definitely being tossed today. I purchased this an an easy foundation to take with me on the go. I like how it has a sponge and the compact but that's about it. The formula is creamy but looks SO cakey. I normally use Studio Fix Fluid and that is heavy coverage but this is just terrible. The coverage is about medium but it just sticks everywhere and looks so unnatural. I've tried using the sponge and a brush and neither work. Not worth the money!!

on 1/25/2013 12:42:00 PM

For dry and sensitive skin, this seems to be a good one. After trying it and having been left with a good moistening impression, I bought this product. It lasts reasonably long. I first used my fingers to apply it but later I found that with the sponge, it was great because the sponge has made the application much even and easier.