Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 4/29/2015 10:46:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation! It gives you a healthy natural look. It provides a nice coverage that balances my skin tone and covers my redness or spots. Also, it's kinda long-lasting, you can wear it for 8 hours, just remember to apply some powder on your t-zone. It doesn't make your skin dry and you just feel really comfortable wearing it. The best thing is it smells so good! Definitely should try it out. They price is very affordable for this quality. Xo

on 4/28/2015 5:25:00 PM

After looking for a liquid foundation to use (I normally always wear powder, which I love but ends up coming off halfway through the day), I found this and heard many good reviews of it on YouTube. I was going to buy it on Amazon until my mum told me to go to Boots to make sure I get the right one. I'm extremely glad I did (and I advise everyone to go to their local beauty store for a test) because I found out the palest one completely matched my skin tone, which was nice because it gave me a natural but 'covered' look. It hides blemishes well - not as well as some foundations, but I'm not a makeup expert so I could be doing it wrong. It feels as though it hydrates my skin too, so if you have sensitive skin such as myself I would recommend this product. And for ten pounds, you can complain?

on 4/17/2015 2:19:00 AM

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation lies on skin very naturally and healthy. It is easy to blend on the skin and has a medium coverage. Love this foundation!!

on 4/14/2015 10:10:00 AM

Heard a lot of positive reviews about this foundation and even a friend of mine who is always updated about makeup stuff encouraged me to buy it... so i did. I bought it in Hong Kong for around 250 HKD, which amounts to 35 US dollarsI My skin is kinda dry. kinda fair-skinned for asians. This foundation feels sticky or clingy on my face. It doesn't feel light and comfortable. Also it oxidises a lot. My face becomes yellow at the end of the day! the clingy feel of it on my face kinda disgusts me and makes me a bit worried that it may actually clog my pores!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing! Bourjois has a range of many colours so 53-54 is a perfect match for me. The foundation is silky and smooth, and blends well into my face without any problems. It lasts all day and my skin has so far, not had any bad reactions or breakouts. The coverage builds up nicely from a medium coverage to heavy coverage, once more product is applied. On offer, the price is quite good, especially seeing as the foundation is so great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been hearing great reviews about this foundation so I decided to buy it. In Hong Kong, Bourjois is REALLY expensive, I think I bought this foundation for more than HK$200 which I totally wasn't expecting since this is apparently a drugstore foundation.

I bought it in the shade 52 vanilla and it's definitely a medium coverage foundation plus it's buildable :) (just don't build it up too much, it can look cakey)

I have dry skin and I find that this foundation is catered to more of the normal to maybe slightly oily skin because it can cling on to dry patches but if you moisturize your skin enough, it won't cling on so much. I like to apply this with a damp sponge. On my skin, it has a slightly dewy finish which I like.

The smell is amazing though if you don't like scented cosmetics, don't worry as the scent disappears quickly.

However, this does have the tendency to oxidize and this, along with the price (in HK at least) are the only cons I can think of for this foundation.

on 4/1/2015 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Many people had told me to purchase this foundation. Apparently it was really good and the real hype was because it is from the same factory as Chanel (essentially it is a Chanel foundation). I purchased it and at first I was not quite happy with it but it took a bit of warming up to it. I now kinda live by it! Make sure you only use about 1 pump and use in moderation as it is very yellow toned and may give a very tanned or orangy effect!

on 3/31/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This smells unreal, so amazing for the price and I own a TONNE of foundations, medium consistency and brilliant coverage, it lasts, it feels nice and it has a pump, literally so lovely. Would most definitely rebuy.

on 3/30/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This foundation is my favorite and best I've ever used. Ive been using it for a few months & will probably never use anything else. It has a very light liquid texture & the finish is between dewy and matte. It makes your skin flawless and lasts all day. I probably wouldn't recommend it for oily skin though. I'm fair skinned so I have the lightest shade No. 51 Vanille Clair. It makes my skin look slightly better and never has broken me out or clogged my pores. The only downfall is that it's not available in the U.S. However you can definitely purchase off ebay & Amazon for under $20.

on 3/29/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Edit: Turns out this stuff dries my skin :( I've worn it two days in a row for 5 to 6 hours and the result is flakes and dry patch galore around my chin and mouth, up till my cheeks :(. My skin has been pretty good lately and I haven't changed anything in my routine, so it must be the foundation. So disappointed, it's such a beautiful foundation! But my skin gets angry verrryyyy easily. I'll take off another lippie, but I guess if your skin is normal to a little dry you won't have a problem with this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very pleasantly surprised by this! I just picked it up on a discount, so it only cost me 7.50 euro, crazy cheap for a product that can compete with high end foundations.

For your colour reference: I'm a Mac NC15-20, Bobbi Brown 2.25 cool sand and I bought this in shade 51, which is a good match for my skintone. I'm neutral, but yellow undertones like these look a lot better on me than pink ones. I like the little pump as it's hygienic and gives the exact right amount. It has a strong fruity smell when you apply it, but that doesn't bother me. Coverage I'd say is medium and not buildable, a thin layer of this gives the best result. I apply it with my fingers after moisturizing and buff it in with my RT expert face brush. It evens out and improves my skintone and it leaves a dewey healthy glow. It actually looks exactly like my Bobbi Brown foundation stick, with a very big positive difference: this doesn't cling to or highlight dry patches or flakes! It leaves my skin looking smooth and so very natural, like skin, but so much prettier! People have complimented me on my skin, saying I look great and I have this glowing healthy looking skin! As I have very dry skin that usually doesn't look very good I never get compliments like that!
On non-active days it lasts about 8 hours with a good primer, maybe longer, but I usually clean my face when I get home. I just need a small touch up with my mac sheer pressed powder to get rid of some shine on my t-zone. On active, busy days this is definately not my go-to foundation, it just doesn't last very well in rain or sweat, so for that I take away 1 lippie.

I have a very hard time finding the right foundation that doesn't emphasize my dry skin AND also matches my skintone! If the staying power was better I would definately give it 5 lippies, but if I want this to stay on my face for a couple of hours I really need a primer and my skin doesn't like primer, so unfortunately I can't use this as an everyday foundation. Bummer. The quest for my HG continues..

Video Reviews & Tutorials