Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 3/21/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My skin is very pale with yellow/neutral undertones and the lightest color 51 is a reasonably good match for my NC10 skin. I love the pump bottle though admittedly it's also light and skimpy because it's made of plastic instead of glass. I don't mind.

The finish of this foundation is curiously satiny and dry but it works wonderfully on my dry/combo skin and doesn't accentuate any dry areas, flakiness or fine lines. I usually don't set it with powder at all and it still manages to disappears into the skin, leaving no stickiness or oily feel on my face.

The only major drawback for me is the smell, it is an irritatingly strong berry/fruity cachophony but luckily it disappears soon after application.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the lightest shade of this foundation shade 51 light vanilla and its still too dark on my fair skin, i feel all the bourjois foundation accommodate more the medium skin tones rather than fair or dark.
On the positive it does however have a lovely smell and consistency, applies well and does not oxidise on the skin
The 16 hour claim of this foundation is far from true I'd say 4 hours max but that may just be on my combination/oily skin.
overall I would not purhase again.

on 3/14/2015 2:09:00 PM

I find this foundation a bit hard to blend. If i think i have blended it well by the end of the day i will realise that i have been wrong. It felt nice on my skin, it didn't break me out and the smell was quite pleasant for me. Although at first application it looks like the shade matches my skin quite well after an hour or so the color will become a bit darker.

on 3/5/2015 2:55:00 PM

I bought this accidently after rushing into Boots to repurchase the Healthy Mix Serum and thought I would give it a go since I had it. Considering my love of the serum version this couldnt be any more different. It really dried my skin out and applied horribly by clinging to any dry patches and felt horrible on my skin. I think if you had normal to oily skin then perhaps you would get on better with this.

on 2/27/2015 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

HATE this foundation - it looks awful no matter how I apply it, with primer, powder, on it's own, with various brushes. It looks cakey, oily, patchy and clings to dry patches.

on 2/26/2015 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this foundation for a long time now that when I realised I haven't reviewed it yet, I was shocked because I've been enjoying using it so much! Firstly, I like how it was easy for me to find a shade from is foundation because having a warmer skin tone, most drugstore foundations out there are way too pink or ashy for me. This was not like that; it's more warm toned, so if you have a cool skin tone, word of warning. If you're Asian like me, or just have a warm skin tone, consider this foundation.

Coverage is light-medium, but easily buildable. But make sure the foundation dries 100% before building up the coverage again because it will slide. Don't worry though, the finish isn't greasy or oily and it doesn't slip and slide during the day. The finish is kinda interesting to describe, actually... the finish looks dewy but not greasy or oily looking or cakey (at least on me.. if you have doubts, just use finishing powder) but the feel is velvety. The longest I've worn this foundation was about 8hrs and it didn't really budge *too* much which is awesome!!

Reason why I took away one lipstick from a perfect 5/5 is I don't think it suits super dry skin. My skin gets oily and dry at the same time, largely due to the weather, and when I have dry patches on my cheeks or nose, I find that I HAVE to skip this foundation in favour of one with an oilier formula because it accentuates dry patches and continues to make it look worse with prolonged wear :(

Thus, I think this foundation, at least in my personal experience, is better for oilier skins because despite its dewy finish, it doesn't perpetuate your skin to become oilier throughout the day. I make sure to put some finishing powder though just in case too. And lastly, this foundation did not make my skin itch or break out or anything at all! This is the most important thing to me; that whatever I put on my face doesn't make me break out :) I highly recommend this foundation for general everyday use given its properties and the fact that it's not too expensive either if you can easily access it (if not, they sell it online on asos.com).

Will I repurchase then? I still have a couple of other foundations on my radar that I'm curious to try too, but I'm 99.9% sure I'll come back to this one in the long run!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've had a bottle of this for awhile now- it lasts long. And it blends wonderfully. And it wasn't hard to find the perfect color for my skin. I'll most probably be buying this again after I've finished my bottle.
It's worth it...
...it doesn't clog up on my skin, and it's not overly visible, like most foundations have been in my experience
So, I love it.

Cons:
Sometimes it seems to be a bit oily, and if you have oily skin like I do, that won't help you much. But, just use some shine free pressed powder, and you'll be good to go.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I highly recommend this foundation if you are of mixed race ethnicity! (White/black caribbean) First of all, my skin is the type that is resistant to nearly EVERY MAKE UP LINE :(. My skin swallows up foundations, concealers, eyeliners, you name it! BUT BOURJOIS IS DIFFERENT!!!!! This company is my saving grace! I have a yellow based skintone, and (no thanks to my anemia) I am a lot lighter than I should be (which is naturally tanned). It is SO HARD for me to find a yellow-based foundation, in a world of pink foundations toned all the way down to oranges (which are then too dark) and then into deep browns. And then EVEN HARDER finding one that stays put for HOURS! I LOVE this foundation and 90% of bourjois products! Although these foundations do display a hint of pink tone when you get to shade 54, i would also highly recommend bourjois healthy mix serum, which offers NO PINK at all!

This foundation is really one of a kind. It gives a sort of inner glow more than ANY other foundation I have used but does not look dewy (wet looking) which I cant wear due to my oily skin. So any skin type can pull this formula off! I dont think this foundation looks "skin-like", it looks very unique on skin; sort of a soft focus/ blurred effect where skin just looks soft and amazing AND PORE FREE! Im sorry if that description confuses anyone, but its the best way to describe this. It is a great everyday foundation, and if you have extremely oily skin I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST GETTING THE POWER(LOVE THAT). The packaging is amazing, foundation smells good and is so creamy and easy to blend which makes it perfect for beginners. Does cling to dry patches but does not make them worse (which some foundations can do.) My shade is N55 Dark beige which is a spot on color match for NC40 HOWEVER this shade is more neutral/beige not leaning too pink or yellow so blend it down the neck otherwise people can tell you are wearing foundation. Only two issues; it doesnt last forever which it claims to; maybe 7-8hours (perhaps cause my skin is more oily?) so this aint not long wear foundation imo for people who wear foundation for 10-12hours. Also, it transfers quite easily unless set with powder very well so keep that in mind (dont be touching your face too much!) All in all, despite the negatives, this is a mind blowing gem and gosh it looks so beautiful on I actually love my skin. If you want a product that make your skin beautiful and not just paint for your face - this is it. this is the glow. medium coverage glow. WILL WILL WILL REPURCHASE DEFFFF AND PLEASE TRY IT (:

on 2/16/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Many foundations I have tried, have failed - this foundation, does not fail. I have tried all the high-end foundations such as Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, MUFE HD, Estée Lauder Double wear and the likes. All tend to end up being too heavy, cakey, unflattering undertones or way too dry for my combination skin which peels and dries during the winter time yet does not fail to produce enough oil to fry a full English breakfast. This foundation has the right proportions of everything I look for in a foundation. It is lightweight yet buildable, doesn't settle into my fine lines or cling to my dry patches, it doesn't make me excessively oily but delivers an impeccable dewy finish whilst covering up my imperfections which gives the illusion I have flawless, smooth and glowing skin. I can highlight and contour without looking muddy and the shade is the perfect match that gives me an olive/tanned tone. As with most foundations, putting on these cosmetic chemicals will not fare too well with your face and will break you out to some extent if you don't set aside a skincare regimen however this foundation has minimally broken me out and actually helps restore my skin what with the added benefits. Adorable packaging and you get what you need and more for a fraction of the price of the high-end foundations - it also seems to last me forever. My only qualm is that it is not entirely long lasting, I do come home to find that my face has 'worn off' but then again, it is probably because I apply a sparing amount of foundation as I generally have good skin with little imperfections but do frequently break out like a b***h.

Video Reviews & Tutorials