December 22, 2014 | 869 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by nani51

My Skin
I'm Asian with NC20-25 skin. Neither of them matches me perfectly. And I have been matched to MUFE HD #140 through Sephora's Color IQ. It's close but not quite. And I'm between L'Oreal True Match W2-W3. I have combination oily skin that is dehydrated. (I'm bad at remembering to moisturize hence dehydrated) I mainly wear foundation to cover some hyper pigmentation from old acne scars and just even out my skin tone. I am prone to acne and that is a worry when I'm trying out foundation.

The Foundation
Since I live in the US, I bought it from eBay for what seems to be a fair price of $14. The seller makes a profit but it's not unreasonably price compared to drugstore foundation in America which generally goes from $10-15. It comes in a glass bottle with a red pump and clear plastic cap. The foundation has an oddly fruity smell which is quite pleasant, it's just unexpected. I bought it in shade 52 Vanilla which doesn't quite match me. It's has a light yellow tone, but perhaps not yellow enough for me, giving me a bit of a ashey tone when I wear it. It's also a tad too light for me, but close of enough that I can get away with it using powder. I'll be trying number 53 the next time I purchase. Compared to my other foundations, this is lighter and less yellow then the MUFE #140. Next to it the MUFE looks almost orange from the yellow/gold undertone. It's also lighter then the True Match in W3 but darker then True Match W2. I don't have a MAC one to compare it to now. It blends easily into the skin and looks quite natural as long as you don't have dry patches for it to cling onto. It dries to a satiny finish. Not at all matte or dewy. It does nothing for the under eye circles but redness from acne is easily covered

My Routine
I first moisturize my face. With dehydrated skin, I need about 10 minutes with a good moisturizer before I apply the foundation. Make sure to wipe off the excess. I pump one pump on the back of my hand and apply with the ELF Studio Powder Brush. I then pump a second pump and finish applying the foundation on my face. With two pumps I have a medium/full coverage. I powder and finish applying the reset of my makeup.

The Wear
I have oily skin. I have super oily skin. And I have yet to find a foundation that wears very well on my oily skin, so I didn't expect this one to either. And it doesn't. Within 3-4 hours or so I need to blot and powder. But then even MUFE Mat-Vel+ didn't keep me matte. So take that into consideration.

Conclusion
I like the coverage, and the way it feels on my skin. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey. If you have super oily skin, remember you will have to blot and powder quite a bit. Dry skin people might have problems with patchiness and I don't recommend it. Anyone with normal skin might love this. I'll be experimenting with UD All Nighter and De-Slick to see if that cuts down on the oily problem. Also I'll be trying shade 53 to see if I can get a closer match. For the price, I love this foundation, I just wish it wore better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by MakeupOCD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I have massive OCD when it comes to makeup but foundation especially. Honestly, i can probably say that over the last year and half i'm not far off spending £700. I have bought Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation, which had too much of a powder finish for my combination skin, Giorgio Armani Luminous Skin foundation and i was so disappointed with this considering it was so expensive to buy. It didn't stay on at all and it made my face oilier than usual. Benefit Oxygen was exactly the same! I thought going for a fuller coverage foundation might be better for me so i bought a lot of these too: Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, Smashbox studio finish and a lot more. Basically, i have spent a fortune for nothing... And then i fount the Bourjois Healthy Mix. For the price this foundation is amazing!!! When comparing this foundation to the huge list of products that i have already bought and tried, this foundation wins hands down. It keeps my forehead shine at bay, it gives a lovely finish (which i always struggle with because of my skin texture), it has great coverage and blends so unbelievably well, the colour matched my skin perfectly and you have full control of how much product you want to use depending on the type of finish/look that you want. OK, so it might not last as long Urban Decay but it puts up a good fight and for the price, you cant complain as it beats some of the other foundations that are mentioned above. When it gets to late afternoon, i just lightly brush my powder over my face and it looks smoother and fresher again without the powder really clinging to the foundation. I found this foundation through MakeupAlley under 'the best of the best' section and overall, i would have to agree!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ilusuens

I like the finish of this foundation. If I use my sigma f82 brush, I get a slightly dewy finish, if i use my beautyblender I get a glowy finish. So this foundation claims to provide a flawless finish while lasting up to 16 hours. Well I use around 1 pump of this foundation and i can cover up most of my acne scars. I'd say its a medium coverage foundation as I use estee lauder double wear (old formulation) and I also use around the equivalent of 1 pump but I get more coverage. As for the lasting power, it definitely did not last 16 hours. It barely lasted 3-4 hours on me. I wore this foundation at 7.20 am and at 10-11am my oil was breaking through. I didnt sweat or anything since I was in an aircon room. By the end of the day, I reached home at 10 pm, removed my makeup with bioderma and I only had to use 3 cotton pads as compared to the 7-8 pads I got from my double wear with the same wearing time. My face was super oily and shiny and I couldnt see any foundation on my face. I really wanted to like this foundation but I would only recommend it to dry-normal skinned girls. As an oily skinned girl I think ill stick to the double wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by sahbear95

Great everyday foundation, perfect for work or school, as it is a build able coverage that can start from a light to medium or become full if desired. Smells pleasant, but could be irritating to sensitive skin prone to breakouts. Love this foundation for when I'm feeling lazy and need something that looks fool proof. The foundation makes my skin look light and refreshed, even thought I have oily skin, and this foundation does not enflame that at all, with the right powder the foundation can last all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by KMCJM

I got this after reading reviews on here. I have acne prone skin, but this last winter my skin had been so dry and the foundations I was using just make it look dry and flaky and patchy.
Healthy mix has been fantastic, my skin looks fresh and dewy when wearing it. Even after finishing with a powder. You will need a powder and probably some kind of base too because it just doesn't last without it. Goes on and blends nicely, it's only a light to medium coverage, but can build it up a little and it still looks nice.
The smell is lovely and fruity. It is quite moisturising which I was looking for. I really like this and would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm reacting to this foundation but the healthy mix serum works just fine.
Not sure why but i am so disappointed because i bought this one off ebay from UK.

Color oxidizes to more "beige" and "orange" than the healthy mix serum, the latter doesn't really oxidizes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Perfectbody

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Drug store foundation with affordable price. Texture and smell is good, easy to apply whatever you use your fingers, foundation brush or puff.I think it suit for dry or normal skin type but on my oily-combination skin it's really bad which my face was getting greasy than usual.

Pros
-light coverage
-good smell
-affordable price
-smooth texture

Cons
-not suit for oily/combination skin type

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

I've been using this foundation on and off for about 2 years now. At first, I thought I liked it, mainly because it was the first drugstore foundation that matched my skin color (MAC NC20-25, Bourjois 52) and the coverage was great. However that was in London, where the air is less dry.

Now that I'm living in the US, the autumn/winter season is comparatively drier and my skin leans more combination/dry (oily on surface but dry underneath - oil/water imbalance... confusing, I know).

This is where this foundation falls apart.

Upon initial application, my face looks flawless, glowy, and natural (I use a beauty blender). But after around 3-4 hours, whether indoors or out, the foundation makes my skin feel like it's shriveling up. When I check in the mirror, I see a flakey mess (especially around my eyebrows, nose, and mouth under sunlight) and small wrinkles show up where I've never seen them before. Granted, it's not as bad as many other foundations I've tried, but flakey skin (even a little) is a huge no no as I strive for a more natural look.

NOTE: I always use a series of skincare items targeted to hydrate the skin before putting on any makeup so it's not an issue with my skincare routine. And there are definitely base makeup that do not show my flakey bits, like the Skin79 Gold Label BB Cream.

TIP: I always check my base under direct daylight, that's how I can tell if a foundation is truly natural-looking. I admit I am very picky when it comes to how natural my base looks, so if you're less picky, you may like this foundation a lot!

OVERALL:
Light/Medium buildable coverage
Satin finish
Most shades have neutral/yellow undertones
Packaging is made of glass with pump
Scent is light and slightly fruity, very pleasant

*******
TL;DR
(+)Get this foundation if you want great medium coverage and amazing shade matches (for neutral/yellow undertones) and you have anything but dry skin (flakey).

(-)Stay away if you are looking for a moisturizing foundation. This will show all your flakey bits a few hours of wear.

It is a great foundation overall, just doesn't work for people with dry flakey skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Charlotta800

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying to find an SPF free (chemical SPFs often cause me probs) foundation with yellow undertones that I could wear day to day and that would suit my acne prone yet super dry skin. Sadly this isn't it! I like it, the coverage is heavier than I expected and it tends to find the drier areas of my face (round my nose, between eyebrows etc) and kind of congeal. It's not so bad that it's a total deal breaker but enough that it makes it obvious I'm wearing foundation. I don't put it on my very acne prone areas, lower jaw and chin because instinct tells me it will break me out if I do, unless I'm going out and it'll only be on for a few hours, in which case I put it everywhere. For me it works quite well as a going out base but I probably won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by jplakhot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome product! I have super fair skin with olive undertone, so it is very difficult to find a light foundation that is not pink and doesn't cost half an arm. I wear shade 51 in the winter, and 52 in the summer, and both look fantastic, exact match for me. Very nice finish, easy to layer for some more coverage without looking cakey (although you still need concealer), and I wear it every day and it does not break me out (even though I have horribly oily acne-prone skin). Also a tip for Canadians, do not buy this at Shoppers, it is crazy overpriced (and I think they may only carry the serum version), but rather order it online :)