October 26, 2014 | 964 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by twilightbloom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews about the tip breaking off and thought it wouldn't happen to me. It did and I wasn't even using it at the time. I got it out of my purse and the onyx side broke of my oynx/smoke. Also the color wouldn't go on my lids smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought it might have just been me but i guess not...these really do suck..haha im sorry CG i just really HATE these. They looked so lovely that when I bought them i got 2 different colors and the matching eyeliner (liquilineblast). On the box it said use both the liner and shadow for an ultimate intense smoky eye look, which was exactly what I wanted so I figured I'd give it a shot.
Before I get sidetracked I must say that both the silver sky and purple plume hardly show up on my lids. They don't even feel good, they feel sorta sticky and dirty. Lastly I must stress DO NOT waste your money on this!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFreak93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm actually very surprised to hear all of the negative feedback about these shadows because I've had great luck with them. I have Bronze Fire (bronze & gold), Silver Sky (silver & purple), Purple Plume (pink & purple), Tempest Blue (blue & blue and Onyx Smoke (white & black). Pretty decent cream eyeshadows that do take a little practice to get good at applying, little bits goes a long way and if you use too much they do crease.
The Tempest Blue is way too blue for a fair skin tone and I think that it would look radiant with someone who has a dark skin tone with really dark eyes.
The Onyx Smoke is the trickiest to apply, and even with care and little bits, you can still end up with a raccoon eye, my least favorite shade.
The Bronze Fire and Purple Plume really warms up your skin and almost makes your eyes smolder, with fair skin, it really brings out color in my cheeks.
Silver Sky is a super-seducing shade and is my ultimate favorite, great for party nights.
Ultimately, pretty decent line, I haven't tried Citrus Flair but perhaps in the future I will. Just didn't think the colors would flatter me at the time. The tricks are to use sparingly, blend crazily and you'll love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by AllieMonique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have this in bronze fire #815 and i dont understand all the bad reviews i think im the only one that this worked for :S
Anyway I use this basically every day for running around and it has replaced most of my eyeshadows it seems to last along time and doesnt crease at all and i have gotten loads of compliments about it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by coaliemanslittlegirl

Maybe I got a really good one, but I actually really like this product, and in the way I use them, they don't crease at all . I put on my eyeshadow primer, then apply a thin layer of these as bases, and then top them with a complimentery powder eye shadow. You can't wear these alone or they'll crease like crazy, but they're amazing bases in really beautiful colors. I have the grey and purple one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

Pros: Pretty color, stays on a long time
Cons: Creases quickly, feels heavy and greasy, costs too much for how bad it is, breaks easily

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Missy298

AwFUL.

JUST bought it and tried it out when I got home. It BROKE. complete waste of money I threw it in the garbage within, 5 minutes of owning it.

NOT happy!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kaylaarias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this, but it didn't work out. I have the pink one. The 'step one' side broke when I was done applying it, plus it felt weird and sticky on my eyes and tugged at the skin. I tried using the other side but it did not look good at all. I chucked it in the trash as soon as I was done trying it, I expected better. Good idea but poor execution basically.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by dyejob98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted so much to like this. The first one I had broke the first time I used it. I tried another one and it did the same thing. Great idea, crummy product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

i got this using a walmart giftcard i got for xmas last year...
i have the color onyx smoke 800

let me just tell you something about my eyes first before i get into this review..

i got cher eyes, meaning- deep set big and round eyes.. i'm personally not a fan of any eyeshadows because i have so much trouble applying eyeshadow on my eyes even though i'm 24 years old...it just doesnt look right on my eyes, i look like a drag queen (even though drag queens are fabulous and prettyful, i'm a girl so i shouldn't look like one)

and sometimes it just looks like someone punched me in the eye :/

even if i spent countless hours watching how to eyeshadow videos i still can't seem to achieve a normal eyeshadow look like everyone else... not to mention that no beauty gurus on youtube have the same type of eyes as me *shakes fist* lucky basta*ds :/

i tend to find myself watching drag queen makeup videos because men seem to match my eye shape more.
but there makeup is a bit to over the top for me sometimes.

anyway the commercial made it look easy to apply this ShadowBlast .. Drew Barrymore herself states ''smoky eye made easy'' ..yeah maybe if you have a makeup artist applying it for you.

ok on to the review...
This comes in a two end plastic tube on each end there is a light and dark color.. i got this product because i thought i could finally wear shadow like normal people.

the shadows are like a solidified cream shadow.
and the colors are both pretty shimmery
now the steps on how to apply this makeup is written on the tube. it just tells you to use the rounded tip end first which is the light shade , you put it all over your lid, then you use the step 2 side and you use it in your crease and near the eyelashes.
then you blend it in

but once i was finished putting it on and blending, my eyelids looked greasy and nasty and even more messier then normal shadow.
i checked reviews on youtube about it and it's not only me that thinks the eyelids look greasy after using it also even with good primer it still slides off your eyelids.

after a couple of tries trying to make this product work for me the black shadow broke off.. but i still use the white shadow end for the inner parts of my eye as a highlighter, thats the only reason i'm giving this product 2/5