September 1, 2014 | 1163 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Creme de Rose 001

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For someone with extreme dry lips in the winter, this does not work very well. After the balm is worn off, my lips were left worse than before. Additionally, adding this balm over dry parts of my lips didn't help at all! A good lip balm works to heal these areas, at least for me.

A plus, it's rose scented (very light) and is fun to apply. Really expensive though and once I run out I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ChichiV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG, IM SO DISSAPPOINTED! My lips where in OK condition before i used this.This made them dry and peel when the balm wears off.

I looked at the ingrediƫnts and Paraffinum Liquidum is high on the list.
That explains a lot. It's a vaseline type so it puts a layer on your lips but does not moisturize.
and when it wears off your skin can give signes of withdrawal.So you put on more product,making your lips even more dry.

It's a vicious circle.

No i would not repurchase this...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

so, i love dior. and this is an okay balm. but the rose scent is so strong and comes off so old-lady to me that i don't like applying it often. i mean it smells quite intense. i wouldn't buy this again, the lip plumper is nicer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Rubymm

I really like this lip balm I think it's works A LOT better with Lucas' paw paw ointment but it's okay on it's own to! But I suggest applying the paw paw ointment on first and then this lip balm at night and a pretty thick layer of each and your lips will be as smooth as a baby's bum in the morning!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by LisaVanderpump

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've purchased 4 of these this year and won't be letting up any time soon. I love everything about Creme de Rose minus the packaging. Even though the white, flat pot is cutely retro, I would be even more enamored with this product if it came in a more sanitary lipstick tube, so I could take it with me all day long. Still, it's a fabulous lip balm that is really more of a treatment. I slather some on my lips every morning and every night, and it really works wonders. The rose smell is pretty and not intense. The texture is beautiful: hydrating, soothing, and easily absorbed into the lips.

Pick up one of these up and see how you like it. I had a hard time with the price, but once my first pot ran out, I realized I couldn't live without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

i have a love hate relationship with this lip balm. first off this is a great lip balm to put on before you go to bed since it keeps your lips moisturized for hours. and yes, it feels luxurious applying it considering it cost me a fortune. but, and this is a huge but, i realized that as i continued using this product, my lips showed quite serious withdrawal effects once i stop using it. that is they became dryer than ever, and were quite irritated. i felt i had to keep reapplying this balm. this never happened with the other lip treatments that i used, and i figured this might be one of the reasons why people who love this product really love it and say they can't live without it - because this is a product that you can't turn back once u start using it. hopefully i will be able to find a new lip treatment that gets rid of the irritability of my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a bit of a lip product junkie and this is probably my favorite lip balm. It is expensive but there are products where you feel like it's worth it to splurge and bring a little luxury into your life. This is one of those products. The packaging is lovely, it looks like it should be sitting on a parisian bedside table. The smell is wonderful, the texture is great and it really does leave my lips very moisturized. You don't have to use much so it will last quite a while. There is a very, very slight milky pink color when you apply it so, on my lips, it even makes them look more soft and healthy. I don't think that this does anything for "plumping" outside that effect, however. I am really pleased with this product and I'm certain I will purchase it again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Broke down and bought this during the Sephora VIB Sale. I thought the price was ridiculous but I was willing to take a shot since I get painful chapped lips during the winter. I'm so glad I decided to try it...I LOVE it. It soothes and repairs my chapped lips immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by LegitElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I saw this product many, many times at Sephora, and every time I saw it, I would balk at it and the price. I owned the Maybelliene Baby Lips lip balm in the clear shade, and I decided that I would use that up before deciding on buying the Creme de Rose lip balm. That kept me from buying this for over a month.
When I was visiting my family in my home town during my university's Reading Week, I decided to explore my local mall one day just to kill some time. I went into a local department store and explored the perfumes before walking over to the Christian Dior counter. I saw that there was a tester for this product, so I decided to try it out just for kicks. I couldn''t believe how soft my lips felt after just one application of this product! I have very dry lips, so I will definitely use up a good lip balm. This completely blew my Baby lips lip balm out of ther water by a long shot. I bought this product that day and threw out the Maybelliene lip balm, vowing to never buy that one again.
I love the subtle rose scent of this lip balm, and I don't find it to be oily or gross on my lips. It doesn't add any colour or shimmer to my lips, which is a huge plus for me. I don't really notice any lip plumping, but even the sales associate said that the lip plumping properties were very mild. Then again, I didn't buy this product to plump my lips- I bought it to hydrate my lips.
In my eyes, this is my "Holy Grail" lip balm. The high price is definitely worth it for me, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lip balm that will seriously hydrate your chapped lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I received a sample of this and I love it! I bought it the next day. It's not super waxy, or oily, it's just right. It's light pink in the pan but it's clear when you apply it on your lips. The smell is lovely, like roses! And I love rose anything. Keeps my lips plump, moist and comfortable in the Swiss weather. It's expensive, but it's a little luxury treat I can use anytime to perk up the day. I will be buying again.