September 18, 2014 | 1406 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Powder Play

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Marquesooo

It definitely makes your hair voluptuous. I used it a couple times only using a small amount and it gave my hair a sticky feeling texture and I didn't like that at all bcuz I'm the type who constantly runs my fingers through my hair. But if I were to go to an event or even do an updo, I would use this most definitely. But with my hair down, not an option.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

LOVE this powder! I have fine, flat hair and have tried countless products to give my hair some lift and all leave my hair crunchy or greasy. This stuff is amazing! I flip my head upside down, sprinkle powder in my hands, rub hands together then run my fingers through flipped hair from roots to ends. Flip head up and POOF!!!!! Big hair! The ends get that cool "beach" look (I have layered hair to the shoulders). I scrunch my hair with it too to give more texture to the ends. It is kinda hard to wash out though...once water hits it makes a glue feeling in your hair. Always have to shampoo twice. But it's the only product that doesn't leave my hair greasy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by katy24

Powder Play is my favorite product for adding volume!Dust a tiny amount on the top of your head,fluff it out&hair is thickened beautifully!Great for layered hair of any length.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by sandlot629

I love this product. I have very fine short hair this product boosts the volume by 100 percent! I do have to wash my hair at least twice to remove it all but it is well worth it! I will continue to use Powder Play.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had been wanting to try this but had other hair products to use up so I held off buying this. I spotted this in the clearance aisle at Ulta and figured I would take a chance. My sister, who has about 100x more hair than I do, and therefore, no need of any kind of volumizer, loves this stuff. I have Asian hair, naturally very straight, that is very fine and silky. I usually wash my hair every about 3x a week. When my hair is looking a bit flat, I lift up sections and sprinkle on this powder directly onto roots. After I apply this, I go back and rough up my roots with my fingers. Voila! My hair looks full and sexy! This stuff buys me another day in between shampoos. This stuff seems to wash out easily when I shampoo, too. I like this much better than the Aveda Pure Abundance potion (and it costs much less too). I am planning to repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I could not achieve any volume with this. For reference, I have fine, thin, long, chemically straightened hair that is washed every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by bacasuso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample in my ipsy bag this month.

I have pin straight,fine,limp hair that's currently in an overgrown pixie cut. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this. It's a powdered product made from several kinds of oils and some silica that melts into your hair, that gives it a little grip to lift. It does make your roots feel a little gritty grungy like surf spray without being nearly half as drying.

My hair looked good thru an eight hour shift at work,with no annoying smell. When my sample runs out, odds are good I'll buy a full size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used the Aveda equivalent for a while but never liked it that much; plus, it was incredibly expensive. This hair powder is MUCH better. I use this product every day after using a curling iron on my hair, and it gives my fine hair volume all day. It's a little expensive but I've decided it's worth every penny; plus, they carry it in my neighborhood grocery store, so I don't have to search all over town for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Separate the hair at the scalp where you want volume and tap the tiniest amount onto the hair by the root. Slice the next small section off and repeat. Rough up the roots with your fingers.
Don't go dumping this stuff randomly on your head, make it precise and use a tiny amount.
Instant Brigitte Bardot hair! And without the damage that teasing causes. Best volumizing product to date. Makes me look like I have twice as much hair as I actually do.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by daisy5679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at ULTA on clearance for $3. So glad I didn't pay more. This is the weirdest hair product I've ever tried. It's a powder but when you run it into hair it feels cold and sticky and like a liquid. It did nothing to my hair volume wise. it made it greasy and even dry shampoo couldn't fix it. Yuck.