July 31, 2014 | 2047 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Powder Play

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had been wanting to try this but had other hair products to use up so I held off buying this. I spotted this in the clearance aisle at Ulta and figured I would take a chance. My sister, who has about 100x more hair than I do, and therefore, no need of any kind of volumizer, loves this stuff. I have Asian hair, naturally very straight, that is very fine and silky. I usually wash my hair every about 3x a week. When my hair is looking a bit flat, I lift up sections and sprinkle on this powder directly onto roots. After I apply this, I go back and rough up my roots with my fingers. Voila! My hair looks full and sexy! This stuff buys me another day in between shampoos. This stuff seems to wash out easily when I shampoo, too. I like this much better than the Aveda Pure Abundance potion (and it costs much less too). I am planning to repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I could not achieve any volume with this. For reference, I have fine, thin, long, chemically straightened hair that is washed every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by bacasuso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a sample in my ipsy bag this month.

I have pin straight,fine,limp hair that's currently in an overgrown pixie cut. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this. It's a powdered product made from several kinds of oils and some silica that melts into your hair, that gives it a little grip to lift. It does make your roots feel a little gritty grungy like surf spray without being nearly half as drying.

My hair looked good thru an eight hour shift at work,with no annoying smell. When my sample runs out, odds are good I'll buy a full size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

I used the Aveda equivalent for a while but never liked it that much; plus, it was incredibly expensive. This hair powder is MUCH better. I use this product every day after using a curling iron on my hair, and it gives my fine hair volume all day. It's a little expensive but I've decided it's worth every penny; plus, they carry it in my neighborhood grocery store, so I don't have to search all over town for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Separate the hair at the scalp where you want volume and tap the tiniest amount onto the hair by the root. Slice the next small section off and repeat. Rough up the roots with your fingers.
Don't go dumping this stuff randomly on your head, make it precise and use a tiny amount.
Instant Brigitte Bardot hair! And without the damage that teasing causes. Best volumizing product to date. Makes me look like I have twice as much hair as I actually do.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by daisy5679

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at ULTA on clearance for $3. So glad I didn't pay more. This is the weirdest hair product I've ever tried. It's a powder but when you run it into hair it feels cold and sticky and like a liquid. It did nothing to my hair volume wise. it made it greasy and even dry shampoo couldn't fix it. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lhuynh10

First off, I use this product differently than what it's intended for. I use it as a dry shampoo. I bought it upon a recommendation at Ulta, not looking at the actual bottle until after four uses to realize it was not actually a dry shampoo, but it works! My roots become very oily after one night, and I absolutely needed to wash my hair. With this, it takes away the oil and gives me volume, something no other dry shampoo I've tried has done successfully. Another great thing is that it doesn't leave an ashy look on my dark brown hair. I'm quite happy for my stumbling upon this product. At first, I was indecisive about the packaging. However, I actually really like it because the small holes, like a salt shaker, spreads the product evenly. Most of the time, I don't even have to rub it in, the white powder just absorbs and disappears. I'm on my second bottle and this worked wonders on vacation. They come in a few different sizes, but i always save the smallest travel size you can buy. All you have to do is unscrew the top, pop in more product from your larger bottle, and it's a space saver on vacation. Plus, a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This worked good for me, but it wasn't good enough for me to repurchase. I know people that love this stuff. It seems to give me volume for a little while but then my hair falls and just starts to feel dirty. I have a lot of hair, but it is on the finer side. I can see how this would work great for someone with thicker hair than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by HOPI87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair would be NOTHING without this! I am IN LOVE with this product! THIS IS THE BEST VOLUMIZER EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So weird, but so awesome. I have really long hair that is thick at the ends but thin at the roots, and I hate how flat it gets on the top. Could be an unflattering cut, but even still, I need a solution - this powder is just awesome. Yes, it feels gummy, but it seriously works. It reminds me of the feel of dancefloor wax powder or rosin or something - it's very strange. My application method = Sprinkle liberally on roots, lifting to get the roots underneath. Flip head over, shake and massage roots, and BAM! Big, sexy hair. Flip and shake throughout the day as needed. If you aren't getting volume, add some more powder when you apply. I haven't experienced a problem washing it out at all.