The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclomethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

on 5/9/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I liked this product. It reduced shine on my face and makeup looked brighter, I needed to use less. A lot of mattifying primers dry out my skin or make it feel rough but this one didnt because of its oily gel-like consistency. It comes in a much smaller tube than i expected which disappointed me at first, but it has lasted me 6+ months. I dont think I want to buy it again since I tend to try out many different products rather than go for the same thing, even if it works. I think this is a good primer. I'd be interested in using the body shop tea tree pore minimiser as a primer.

on 4/18/2014 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Pros:
+ Texture is silky smooth, does have mattifying properties. I mostly use it as an eye primer and prime parts of my face which has pores. It did cover up my pores pretty well.
+ Since I use it as an eye primer, eyeshadow colours did last longer than usual when I don't put one.
+ Packaging comes in a tube, easy to control.
+ On days when I used the primer on my face, the makeup did last longer.

Cons:
- Pricey. Retails for around SGD $29+++

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this with a matte finish foundation and with Rimmel stay matte powder, it didn't work for me. It keeps your face matte for only like 2 hours. Won't buy this again.

on 2/6/2014 4:35:00 PM

I bought this on sale at the Body Shop, which is what prompted me to try it. I'm a faithful MAC Prep + Prime Skin user, but I'm tired of spending $35+ on it. This primer does not keep my skin matte at all. Not even a little bit. Maybe for about 4 hours and then I'm blotting and powdering. If you don't have oily skin this may be great for you, but if you have oily skin don't even bother. Not even for $7 or whatever the sale price was.

on 12/3/2013 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is an good primer, it doesn't reduce the appearance of pores, but it is silky smooth, gives a good base for make up and does help keep your make up on. However, it doesn't last long when it comes to mattifying the skin, it goes on matte, but that doesn't seem to last, it seems to moisturise (no bad thing, but that's not what you want from a matte primer really), so if you have dryer skin and smaller pores then this is a great primer. Wouldn't recommend for greasy skin.

on 10/11/2013 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Does what it says on the tin and with only a handful ingredients. This silicone-based primer leaves skin silky and matte providing a smooth canvas for foundation and/or powder. It also helps keep shine at bay a tad longer than usual. Good stuff!

on 6/27/2013 5:29:00 PM

Decent! It does the job and for a better price than most primers at Sephora. I will likely rebuy.

on 6/20/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Yikes, why such horrible reviews? I love this stuff. I got it on sale for $7.50 at the Body Shop for the first time I've used it and it is what made me buy it. But now, after using it I am on my second bottle and I paid full price for it because I like how it makes my oily face matte. It feels slick, kind of like the ELF Studio primer. However, it does mattify my face and keeps it that way for hours if you combine it with a decent bb cream or foundation. I also put setting power on my face, but I have used it without setting powder and it works well too. I use just a little bit and it takes me months to get through the whole tube. Highly recommended again and again.

on 6/2/2013 2:18:00 PM

I really lied this primer. It definitely filled in my pores and made my makeup saty on much better than without. It did feel a tad bit oily, but it didn't look that way or feel that way for long.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is a cheaper version of Porefessional by Benefit, except better. I've had a rough time finding a primer that suits my skin and makes at least somewhat of a difference to how long my make-up lasts and this is the first one that did it. The packing is nice, you do not need to use to much product and it 'sets' quickly.