April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Pacifica - Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by staci13

I received this in my Ipsy bag this month. It is a generous sample size. As with most other Pacifica products I've tried, the fragrance is authentic and is pretty true to the name. This is a nice, clean citrus smell and the consistency of the cream is nice too. It moisturizes nicely too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eh, this was the definition of average. I got it in the January Glam-Bag from ipsy, and I LOOOOOVED the scent.
It is a white product, that is very whipped and mousse-y feeling. It moisturized my arms and legs okay, but it wasn't anything extremely rich, and so I had to layer it. The scent didn't stay, either, and so I'd say it was an average product. It's definitely not anything special, so it's not worth repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I got a generous sample (2.5oz) from Ipsy yesterday, and I'm absolutely intoxicated by the scent. I don't like a lot of scented body butters, lotions, and bath gels, because the fragrances just don't do it for me, but this is glorious. There aren't many orange scents out there, which is too bad because I love them. Oddly enough, I like that a lot of them smell like orange Starbursts or Skittles, and that's true of Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange. Although this does have more of a fresh, natural undercurrent than any other I've ever smelled. Mind you, I've never smelled a real blood orange. I read on the Pacifica website that this includes strawberry and raspberry notes and thought: aha! That's what I smell!

I like when body butters come in tubes because I don't care for sticking my fingers in jars. It always gets right under my fingernails when I scoop it out, and I always wind up getting some little hair or something in the jar and it looks gross. This is very emollient without being too thick. When creams are so thick you can't spread them, you wind up using a lot of product. With the consistency of this cream, I think it's a fair price because although it's thick you can still spread it out well and don't have to keep going back again and again.

I also like that it's vegan, not tested on animals, and a portion of the proceeds supports clean water. I'm not vegan, but I do my best to buy products not tested on animals. And I'm not a huge environmentalist, but when part of my money goes towards and good cause it makes me feel better about spending more. Will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I was incredibly happy to find this half-price at TJ Maxx. :D

The scent dries down to a linear orange, which I'm absolutely fine with, and moisturizes well- I never expected it wouldn't, though. Pacifica generally delivers.
I think these tubes are a little pricey compared to other moisturizers that I've bought previously, but I'd pay extra for their great scents (and I have). I took off a point for packaging just because I personally prefer jars/tubs because I feel like I can get every last drop out of it. c:
That's mostly what I have to say about this- very moisturizing, lasting scent, doesn't feel slippery, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This scent starts out as a straight up, strong orange scent, but once it's on the skin it softens and morphs into one of the most gorgeous scents I've ever smelled, but I can't really describe that scent. Every time I apply the lotion or body butter (I keep a 3oz body butter at my desk) I get tons and tons of compliments. I once had an entire roomful of people stop their activities to ask what I was using because they thought it smelled so good. I absolutely love this scent.
As for the body butter itself, I find it very moisturizing but still light enough to use for my hands without worrying about getting greasy lotion all over my keyboard. It absorbs quickly for me, and it makes my hands feel nicely moisturized. I normally use the lotion on my body instead of the body butter, so I cannot speak to its moisturization for the body. It just moisturizes my hands well. I will repurchase this until it no longer exists.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by AmyFehr157

Love Pacifica products in general and this body butter is no exception. I got this one in the Magic Carpet Ride set of 3 8oz body butters -- Tuscan Blood Orange, Island Vanilla, and Indian Coconut Nectar. What a steal, by the way, if you can, get the set! ALL wonderful scents and the natural body butter moisturizes very well! This isn't my absolute favorite Pacificia scent, but it's up there (Indian Coconut Nectar is my favorite). It's so fresh and juicy! Much more natural and authentic than any other 'orange' scent out there. Great company, great product, great scent!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by ADIOS_AHOLES

I love this scent! I just wish it would last longer but I guess that's what the balm and roll on perfume is for. But even those don't last very long. But I will continue to buy because I'm addicted to this scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this as part of a Tuscan Blood Orange mini-sampler (along with the fragrance and a body wash.) I love this scent - so natch I liked the body butter's fragrance - but surprisingly, it's also a good not-too-greasy but thick, hydrating formula. Good for legs and feet (kinda too much for hand creme IMHO).

Will re-purchase. Smells so great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely, juicy body butter that smells like real citrus. The formula is free of many bad things and chock full of many good ones. Of course, I am not a super expert on that. I do know that it's a dream to apply, absorbs readily into the skin without that synthetic-y, powdery feel that I hate so much, and does a good job of moisturizing for a while. My hands get really dry in the winter, too, and so far no cracks...The scent is potent but not crazy overpowering. It's just one of those things that is a nice pick me up in the office on a dreary cold day. I want to try more of the Pacifica scents!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

I'm giving this a neutral rating just because although the ingredients are nice and it moisturizes nicely (nice buttery feel!) the scent is not strong enough. For a "scented" lotion it should smell a little more like the perfume it's meant to smell like. The scent is vague and doesn't really last on the skin a bit.