April 17, 2014 | 1030 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. It's a very simple, every-day mascara. It doesn't clump on the brush or on your lashes. It doesn't do anything fancy but it lengthens your lashes and is quick and easy to apply with a nice bristle. It makes your lashes appear very natural. I'm not sure about how much product there is in there but it's only $3. Only thing I didn't like is that this product burns my eyes. Sometimes by the end of the night I will rub my eye and the smallest amount and my eyes start burning. That could just be me, but I will probably still repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by anghas3boys

I am allergic to beeswax which makes finding mascara - any mascara- very difficult. I had been limited to Cover Girl Lash Blast products (which I don't care for) and Tarte which is nice but expensive and a bit clumpy. Whenever I see a mascara that I haven't tried before I read the ingredient list. Yay! ELF has synthetic beeswax, not real beeswax. And I love the product. I love the wand. I love the deepness in color. I love the coverage. I love that you can add more coats without a mess. Great find!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by missmarilynmonroe

Okay, this is the mascara I use everyday. That being said I hate taking it off. It really is a pain, it almost flakes off all over my face. Positives: it really defines my lashes well, it doesn't clump for me, it makes my lashes separate well, and makes mine look longer. It is a cheap product that I really like, I just hate taking it off. So if you are need of a cheap mascara, here it is. It will work well, just make sure you have a good eye makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This mascara is just "meh" for me. I can only use one coat before it starts clumping, and that is a deal breaker. I like 2-4 swipes of mascara to ensure every lash is evenly covered. Plus, it flakes through the day. Not cute. I'll use it up, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I initially had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this mascara. I used it first off after finishing a tube of my beloved W7 Big Lash mascara, but I didn't think it really did anything for my eyelashes so stopped using it. However, I then had a very unfortunate encounter with another W7 mascara (which basically ruined my eyelashes) and decided to try this one again as I remembered the brush being small and quite gentle on the eyes. And since then I've been a complete convert!

This is a very simple, 'no frills' mascara, but I genuinely do think it does a good job of making my eyelashes look fuller and thicker. The brush is one of those prickly looking plastic things (which I normally avoid) but as someone else has said here, it's quite soft so you don't end up poking yourself in the eye. The consistency of the mascara isn't thick or clumpy and it goes on well, lasting all day with very little flaking. And one of the most important things - it comes off easily, so you're not left scrubbing your eyes like crazy to get it off.

I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a low-cost mascara that gives good results. It costs 3.75GBP in the UK, so at that price you could probably afford to stock up on a few tubes!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by mskittenmittens

I like this mascara mainly because of the look it gives my lashes. I can get a natural, lengthy lash look or a dramatic thick lash look depending on how many layers I build and where I concentrate on building the mascara (at the roots or tips or both). It's very versatile. Flaking occurred in the first several weeks, but now it has stopped flaking in exchange for light smudging every 3-4 hours. I honestly preferred the flaking, but the smudging is gone with a swipe of my finger anyway (not close to raccoon eyes but gray nonetheless), so it's not much of a hassle- certainly not enough to have to pull out a mirror and rub at the smudges with makeup remover. And it's water-resistant, so it won't run (though it'll smudge and flake lightly). Overall, a very good mascara with decent staying power and an ability to provide a separated lash look, dramatic or natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

If you are tight on money, this is a great mascara to try. I've tried several of the ELF mascaras, and this has been my favorite.

It has a perfect sized rubber wand with small plastic bristles (I usually don't like this type of wand, but these bristles aren't really stiff). The formula is just right - not too wet or dry. It has a nice black pigmentation.

I applied several coats, and didn't have any problems with clumping, flaking, or smudging throughout the day. This mascara gives a nicely defined and fluttery look. It's not a heavy or dramatic type of mascara.

I'm not sure if I would repurchase - I'm still searching for my HG mascara :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by youdecide18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It adds volume without getting clumpy and holds the curl of my lashes. I have a really thick and long lashes after putting this on. The only weird but not bad thing that happens when I put this on is my lashes grows longer. I don't know why, but it just happens. About the packaging though, the lettering on the side of the tube disappears, so it will be horrible if I have other products that have the same black tube. Luckily, that's the only product that I have that's in a black tube, so I don't confuse it with anything else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara for dirt cheap. Not much thickening, but excellent for natural lengthening and separating. Perfect for those days when I don't feel like using an eyelash comb. It seems to be pretty water resistant but I prefer to top with a coat of Clarins Double fix sealant just to get some added mileage. It's gentle on the eyes too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by mklee1920

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the price, this is a great product. FWIW, I'm a very pale 60-year old woman and I have no expectation or desire for my eyes to look like the Kardashians', but I do use a little eyeliner pencil and mascara for some definition around my eyes. This product works well for that. It applies well, dries soft, and is somewhat buildable with 2 coats. It looks about the same on me as other mascaras (for comparison, I've most recently used Clinique High Impact Mascara). It lasts all day without streaking, running, or flaking, even when I am out in hot, humid weather and sweat is running into my eyes. It washes off easily when I cleanse my face at night. Lippie rating: I subtracted 2 lippies because I don't like the hard plastic brush, and the wand is longer than I like; and I added back 1 lippie because of the excellent price and the fact that ELF does not test on animals, which I approve.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No