December 19, 2014 | 1255 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I would love this brush if it wasn't a bleeding mess.

It's a nice shape, it works wonderfully with cream blush and foundation, and it's the perfect size for my small-ish face. It never sheds.

However, I've been using this brush for a year and have probably washed it a hundred times, but it has never stopped bleeding dye. I tried everything to fix this -- I've soaked it in a dilute vinegar solution 3 times. I've washed it way rougher and with more intense soap than anyone should ever wash a brush. I eventually stopped using it. I've never encountered a brush that just oozes dye forever - usually they stop after a few washes, but this is like...magic reappearing dye.

But hey, if you need durable brushes, this thing is solid. I've tormented its poor bristles and it looks brand new. No loosening of the ferrule, no rust from the vinegar (though I pretty thoroughly removed it), not a single hair shed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I just brought this brush today I really like it it's expensive especially since I brought this while in Mexico. (imported fees) but a makeup artist used this on me to apply a highlighter, I liked the brush, not the highlighter. It's dense yes, but it blends everything very well, I usually use a beauty blender but sometimes I find it pats in on and I need to rub a product in, I can see this being excellent for cream blushes all kinds of highlighters and liquid bronzers, it's small so it takes longer, but better to be slow and accurate then fast and messy. I think this is a investment and recommend adding this to your brush collection

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is a workhorse. I am in love with it and every time I try a different brush for foundation, I always come back to this one. It applies liquid foundation like a dream, no matter what product I'm using. It rarely sheds and is easy to clean. I think the price was around $30, but totally worth every cent. It works well with powders too, but I already have plenty of powder brushes so I dedicated this one to foundation only. Try it, you'll never want to use another brush for your foundation again! I've had it a few years and it still looks and feels as good as brand new.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

I use this blush to apply cream textured products only. I use mainly it for cream blush and applying cream highlighter onto my cheek bones, brow bone, nose and chin. It does a good job blending cream products. Due to its quite small size the brush is good for working onto small parts of your face. Should be good for blending in foundation too.
Be aware that it does shed, but I don't find it critical. Moreover, the shedding seems to stop after a couple of months of moderate use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by breebree89

I love this brush! I use it for applying liquid foundation.It blends really well and offers controlled coverage. It hasn't really shed on me. I've tried several brushes for applying liquid fdtns, and I've finally found my HG :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite and ultimate foundation brush. I will not use anything else to apply foundation. It is really lovely and works like a dream. The only thing i would perhaps change about it is to have a slightly bigger head - but saying that it may not work so well as the small head lets you apply to the trickier areas like around the nose and under the eyes.

I use my brush with the studio fix fluid and there is no streaking/caking ever!!!! Wonderful.

Must buy for those that use studio fix fluid. Yes this brush is pricey but you do get what you pay for. I have been using my current brush for nearly 1 year and still going strong even after washing once a week.

Very happy with my purchase and have another spare as well ;-) x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this brush so much I have 3 of it - it's so good for everything! Foundation, contouring, highlighting, blush - powder, gel, cream products, this brush gets the job done almost no matter what you try with it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Phofe2774

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the finish the brush creates for my foundation but I HATE the shedding. I've had it for a month and it still sheds everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by GetBetterNStyle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this brush for heavier coverage. It does the job well. Bye bye to blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow I am loving this brush! It gives an air brush finish and it makes my skin look so flawless. You really do use less foundation with this brush. I usually sipple my foundation then blend this is amazing! A bit pricey but it is worth it.