Sleek Storm Palette

4.4

on 11/13/2013 2:35:00 PM

Great variety of colors..day to night palete..stays on my eyes without primer just fine

on 9/13/2013 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I fell in love with this palette the first time I saw it. The colors are gorgeous and it has a nice mix of shimmers and mattes. It has 2 matte browns and a matte black. The rest are fairly neutral shimmers. I personally love using the browns and gold together. The other colors are quite deep and would look nice for a going out look. Be warned, these shadows do produce fallout. They are a thicker texture so there won't be any problems building color. The packaging is pretty nice. It is a thin, matte black case that holds 12 decent sized shadows and a doubled ended sponge applicator. The whole top of the case on the inside is a mirror making this palette nice for traveling. I picked up this palette pretty cheap a few years back but I believe they have raised the price since. Also if you are in the USA or Canada you would have to order sleek products online. This being one of my first palettes, I loved it.

on 6/19/2013 3:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This was my first palette, and it's pretty decent. I mostly used the matte colors, and the nude one is great for eyebrows. The darker colors sadly had a lot of fallout which was disappointing. The colors are very versatile though, and is nice to have for experimenting and everyday looks.

This is one of the first palettes i ever bought and i was so excited about it! The packaging is, well, so sleek and fits nicely in your bag. The colours are great but not exactly colours i'd put together in a palette, it looks like someones just thrown them in together randomly. The pigmentation is great but i hate the fall out. Also i found that id only have to knock the palette and the shadows would break, leaving me with two shadows now broken and completely out of the palette (waste!) over all a nice, cheap palette to get by with. Probably wouldn't repurchase cause i ask myself why i bought this one with awful colours when there's other sleek palettes with beautiful ones!

on 6/3/2013 10:30:00 AM

got this as a gift and i'm glad i did not pay for this. these colors swatched beautifully on my hand but once applied on my eyelids the pigmentation was quite bad. the darker colors all turned greyish with a lot of fallout. the only shade that i use is the lighter matte brown in the first row which is a good crease color, but this palette is mostly just tucked away at the bottom of my drawer.

on 5/22/2013 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great palette for the price. I love the neutral shades and to be honest, I don't ever use the color shades. I have swatched them and they are very shimmery/pigmented, I'm just not into wearing forrest green or navy blue eyeshadow. I probably wouldn't buy again because I don't use enough of the other colors but I like the options this palette has in terms of looks you can wear.

on 5/11/2013 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Amazing palette! A good selection of earthy shades and smoky shadows. I absolutely adore the matte dark brown btw, because it's so versatile! The palette is very handy and has a sleek packaging! Comes with a huge mirror too.

The matte shadows do lack the high pigmentations compared to the other 9 shadows, but I'm okay with it. And I'm absolutely in love with the gunmetal shade and chocolate bronze. I usually stay away from shimmery eyeshadows because they can be glitter overload, but I absolutely love every single eyeshadow in this palette! (As long as I don't overdo it)

I do think eyeshadow primer plays an important part in keeping the eyeshadows in place, even though I have worn a look using this palette without primer and it's still amazingly pigmented. I mainly wear this palette with the UDPP, but also experimented it with the Essence eyeshadow base and it lasted all day.

I really love this palette, because mainly it's really high quality for an inexpensive price tag. And this is also my first palette with such amazing quality. (Have been using the cheap Coastal Scents palette that offers little pigmentations)

Overall, a fantastic palette and definitely repurchasing it when I run outa and will check out the other palettes too!

on 5/10/2013 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette! Besides being very affordable(I got in online for around US$12), the colors are all very wearable. Top row is good for day makeup whereas the bottom row is good for a more dramatic look during nighttime.
I don't see a need to get any other palette if you already have this one.
However, the size of each eyeshadow is pretty small. But this is a good thing for me as it's so hard to hit the pan for eyeshadows and you have to throw them out after a few years! I hate the packaging though. Hard to open.
By the way, I notice that my palette doesn't have the squarish texture.

on 5/5/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

definitely a good neutral palette. The ES are soft, easy to blend and quite pigmented. Like most drugstore palettes the matte shades are the weak link. And you also a get some fallout but it's nothing a primer can't fix. I find the wear time good. Overall this is a good buy.

on 4/28/2013 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I don't think this is a bad product, I'm just a bit underwhelmed. This was recommended by my favourite YouTube makeup guru as the ideal alternative to UD Naked, but that only led me to the conclusion that Naked must be pretty "meh" too, then.

I was surprised that it's really quite small, each eyeshadow is only about 2cm (UK: like a 1p coin) in diameter and the whole palette is probably 15cm long. I don't have a problem with that, just be aware that you don't get TONS of product.

The dark shadows are indeed very pigmented, but I don't think they blend very well and they fade quickly with wear. I haven't tried with primer yet though. All but two shades are (very!) glittery, so stay away if that's not your thing.

I think this is a good buy for beginners or for experimenting, especially for the price, as I wouldn't have bought for example a dark green shadow on its own, but now I quite like it.

Popular Palettes