Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 5/18/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Somebody had given this to me a long time ago and I forgot about it. I recently discovered this again and I'm so glad I did. I use this powder by itself or over my BB cream. I feel like it gives a nice, smooth finish and it matches my skin color perfectly! I don't recommend the chisel brush. Use a regular powder brush. I've been using the flat top powder brush from ELF and it works way better in my opinion. The Pur Minerals brush they pair with this foundation sheds like crazy! So annoying.

on 5/7/2013 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my favorite mineral foundation. I have oily/acne prone skin, and I have to be very careful about ingredients. I previously used Bare Minerals in Fairly Light, but found that if I built coverage too much, it would cake up. So, I tried the Pur Minerals and fell in love with it. I think the main trick is the brush you use to apply it. I do not care for the chisel brush they recommend. It does not allow for even coverage. A kabuki brush or powder brush works well. This gives great build-able coverage, and I even use it over my daytime eye cream to conceal under the eyes. It does well not giving a dry look under the eyes. The only thing that bothers me sometimes is that when you get down to the last bit of product, it sometimes breaks into pieces and you either have to crush it up and put it into another container to use the rest, or just throw it away. Despite that, I really love this foundation!

on 5/3/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is awful. It caused huge cystic acne and I don't know why =(

This has replaced Bare Minerals. I love the polished look I get and how easy I can blend this with blush/bronzer.

I've been using this for several years, I use it probably every day. It doesn't dry me out or make my skin oily, I've been seen it cause breakouts either. I'm in the lightest shade, and it looks great on my skin. I don't think its particularly long lasting, but it feels great out my skin and it looks very light and doesn't make me look like I have on heavy make-up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love how this blends color-wise BUT it leaves my skin looking so dry! I just don't get how it turns out like that. Not going to buy again but may try another of their products because of the color blending ability. It also has staying power but who wants to look all dry and withered all day? Exactly.

on 2/23/2013 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love love love this powder!! I have really dry, acne prone skin and this stuff does not cause me breakouts. It also doesn't cling to dry spots on my face. I was looking for a powder to put over top of tinted moisturiser, and everything accentuated my dry skin. This stuff doesn't! It's amazing. It provides great coverage while feeling light on my face. The powder does not look chalky on my face either. I only wish the colour was a little better for my skin, this powder is slightly yellow. Overall a great powder!

on 2/19/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favourite foundations.It covers my skin well( I used to have acne, all I have now are small acne scars and a pimple or two on my face) and it is easy to apply.

The only problem I have with this foundation is that the Porcelain shade makes me look like I'm VERY pale. The Light share is too dark on my skin. I am found inbetween the two shades which makes me unhappy.

on 2/4/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Does not work for me... I've tried it with a variety of moisturisers as well as primers and it still made me look "made up" - much more than Jane Iredale or EL. It accentuated my pores and made me VERY oily within 2-3 hours...

I also don't like the packaging - having the mirror at the bottom makes it very awkward to use...

on 1/25/2013 1:55:00 AM

Purmineral pressed foundation was on my list for about 5 month and finally I got a starter kit on sale for 25$ at Ulta.
The package includes
- pressed foundation
- primer
- bronzer
- mascara
- stipple brush

First of all it's winter and my skin is dry. Ulta assistant warned me it may look Cakey on my dry skin, but I bought it anyway. So, yes it looks Very cakey on my face, even if I moisturize it befor. I had to put it away for a warmer time.
I think this is a good choice for normal to oily skin or for warm season! If you have dry patches this foundation will accentuate dryness and fine lines.
In terms of coverage it does cover my blemishes and my red cheeks very good. I have to apply only one layer to cover what I need to, but it is quite build able. Let me say that with build ability comes cakiness almost with all foundations, but with this one in particular. I try to blend it really good and if there are some breaks outs ( which happens a couple of times a months) I pick up a little bit foundation with my concealer brush and go over them only.
It has SPF 15, very big plus even though you have to wear separate one under it. The thing I like about it, that it takes me only 3,4 minutes to apply it, when with my liquid foundation it takes twise as long or even longer. I apply it with a stipple brush it comes with. The brush is doing a good job in terms of blendebility. The shade light (clair) is a little too light for me, but still looks natural, plus this is fixable with bronzer. The finish is semi natural, a little bit on the matte side. As far as I remember there package says it has moisturizing ability, which has to show during the day, but I didn't notice it at all. It stayed on my face around 7,8 hours and of course I didn't feel a need to blot exes oil, because it's winter and the foundation is drying.
For now I have to stick to my liquid foundation, but in a couple of month I will update on how it works for me in spring and summer.

........................... Update.........................

As spring has come and the days get longer and warmer as my opinion about this pressed base is changing.
As I wrote earlier I looked overdone with it in winter. It accentuated my dry patches and made me look like I'm wearing mask.
Now I like the way my skin looks with this foundation on my face.
My pores are less visible, redness covered an some dark and red sports from pimples are covered completely.
Now I can see the finish it's pretty natural, not matte, not glowy.
The only con is that it oxidizes on my skin and this time of the year my skin is not that oily to cause the reaction. Fortunately, I have it in Clair light, which is a little bit lighter than my natural tone, so it's doesnt look that dark.
This pressed mineral foundation is definitely something to consider if you have normal to oily skin. For me it a good choice for spring, summer and fall, but not winter.

Update: it really oxidizes and from Clair turns to medium. This is the reason I will not buy it again.