Almay Intense i-color w/Interplay Technology- Brown Eye Trio

3.1

on 12/10/2010 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product is crap... no pigmentation, flaky & powdery, has a lot of fall out... colors blend and make nasty shades. enhances nothing... i even used a primer. Would never spend $8 on this again.....not even $.50 ughh.. TRY AGAIN ALMAY
Was deleted (used to be sarah110592)

on 6/20/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Found a shadow with ingredients that do not irritate my eyes. The darkest color, a deep brown, I use to do shading at the crease and above. I found it to be deeply pigmented, and matte. Have not tested the staying power yet. Even though I am blue-eyed, as another reviewer mentioned, these colors suit my fair complexion. Not one color in the set is "orangey." Am trying to replace my Prescriptive old matte shadow which was "the bomb." Looked like skin when applied. And didn't make my eyes "tired."

on 2/18/2010 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

These colors look gorgeous in the packaging. I purchased the trio with a creamy-golden highlighter color, a dupe of Mac's Sumputous Olive for the Lid color, and a crease color with depth and a touch of shimmer. As with all Almay eye products, there was NO eye irritation. The shadows require some building to have color show on the lids; primer or non-primer made no difference. Although they looked good when I walked out the door, they faded into almost nothingness as the morning wore on. They didn't crease, they just totally melded together and faded away. I will use these for days home or running errands, but I wouldn't repurchase. The price was good--and I hate to throw a product out if it didn't create an allergic reaction or aggravate oil.

UPDATE: I tossed this, and the other shades. Just not worth looking like crap. I would have given it only a 1, but I really like Almay overall as a brand.

on 2/3/2010 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this product in Trio for Browns - I have brown eyes and dk brown hair. I have to say - I really like it! The peachy color really compliments my brown eyes and the highlighter shade has a beautiful pinky/purple flash in it - (I actually used this all over my entire lid up to the browbone first and then applied the peach shade on lid and dk brown shade as a crease and on the lash line). If you apply it this way I think it gives the best results. The applicator kind of sucks but I always use my own brushes anyway. All in all, I think this is a good product and would purchase again. I'm thinking of buying the green shade as well as I think it would also go w/my brown eyes. The hazel eyes palette looks like it would be a great night time palette too.
Oh! and one more thing...the mascara that goes with this is AWESOME! I want to write a separate review for it...It's like Dior show but for a fraction of the price!

on 1/25/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a newer eye shadow product in the intense i-color line.

The packaging is different than the other trios because the highlighter shade is the largest in the palette and the strips of little almay a's all over.

First off, I have blue eyes and neutral shades look hot on me(if I do say so myself) and they bring out my eyes and my warm skin tone. So even though this is advertised for brown eyes, I use it to bring out my blue eyes.

The pigmentation is pretty good and it looks great when worn. The colors are shimmery but not overpowering so great for a day time look. The only contention I have is that application is not clean. In other words, when I use my brush (have not tried the applicator) and applied it, you get some shadow falling out but it's not bad or anything, often barely noticeable, but most noticeable with the highlight shade.

Besides my contention, the color coordination is wonderful, great for blue eyes, and has a nice shimmery for the day look. If I don't something with similar colors that doesn't get the fall out I was referring to, I'd stick with this.

EDIT 2/1/10: I've down graded this from 4 lippies to 3 and decided to return it. The colors are amazing together, no doubt, the eyeshadow itself is a mess. It is messy to apply and with primer the colors hardly show. In fact, I think it's better without primer but still, I feel like the powder is just loose and falls out. It's not a terrible product, but there's better.