December 19, 2014 | 861 users online

Blush - Yves Saint Laurent - Creme de blush LE

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by laurenre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this blush, but I do feel it is a little expensive for a cream blush. Goes on great and lasts forever, so I guess you pay for quality.

It always gives me this even distribution, which I like. The only downfall is that sometimes the cream gets under my nails.

Great finish though. Not sticky or cakey, and I can't wait to grab some more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Because of my oily skin, I'm usually a powder blush kind of girl, but thanks to the combination of a really fantastic rebate offer from Ebates and endless Google searches for swatches, I found myself in the throes of a budding love affair with these little colorful pots of awesomeness. So far I've tried #9 Baby Doll from the 2013 spring collection. It's a bright cool-toned baby pink (yes, the kind of pink you splash your newborn daughter's nursery with) that gives a believable youthful flush. I wouldn't say the color is terribly unique but it is a perfect spring shade so there's your justification if you already have 100 pink blushes in your stash and can't quite wrap your mind (and money) around yet another one. ;)

As beautiful and classic as the shade #9 Baby Doll is, I really feel the star quality of the YSL Creme de Blush is the unsurpassable texture of this cream blush. Right away you'll notice it doesn't have that greasy dewy feel that typical cream blushes have. YSL's is instead, as so many have previously noted, moussey and dry to the touch. However, that difference doesn't diminish its creaminess in any way - if anything, its moussey quality makes it even creamier, smoother and silkier than standard cream blushes! I use my fingers to apply directly from the pot; I don't find a brush necessary since this blush formula is so easy to work with. My brain explodes with unspeakable joy every time my finger dips into the pot and comes into contact with the soft moussey surface.

This blush has average longevity on my oily skin - I don't add any powder (whether a similarly colored blush or translucent powder) on top, so on its own it lasts about 5-6 hours before visibly fading. I only use the smallest amount for each cheek (two small dabs of the finger) so perhaps additional layering and therefore more intense color would prevent it from fading before 5-6 hours are up.

The packaging is satisfyingly luxe. I love it! It's so exquisiste with its cute square jar and delightful gold toned lid. Call me strange but I find just as much happiness screwing that gold colored lid back onto the jar as I do dipping my finger to swipe the blush. It's like finding a piece of a 1,000 piece puzzle and fitting it flush in its place - so rewarding and fulfilling, heh.

Yes, the price is indeed steep but if you consider for a moment that you really only need a couple of small fingertip dabs for each cheek, you will realize that the Creme de Blush line is worth it because you get 0.19oz./5.5 grams, which in layman's terms means it will very well last you until you get sick of it especially if you already have 100 pastel pink blushes. If you go through Ebates before purchasing it online, you can get a small percentage discount. I got mine when they were having their 14th birthday celebration recently and Nordstrom happened to be one of the select stores participating, so I essentially got it at 14 percent off! Score!

The million dollar question: would I purchase again (even without a discount, however big or small)? Heck yes! The texture, and the colors, but ESPECIALLY the texture are to die for. I've a decent amount of cream blushes in my stash but texture-wise none of them compare to YSL's Creme de Blush! It's worth its weight in gold, if you ask me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect creme blush - perfect color, texture and very natural finish. No funny perfumey smell and no greasy feel either on face or hands. It lasts a few hours on it's own, but I do use a similar powder blush (TF, Nars, Burberry) on top. I have found that any powder blush which is layered over a good creme blush such as this must be of top quality, pigmented and somewhat sheer.

the combination has given me 12 hours of pinky faced wear.

love these. expensive -- but yes, worth it especially if you don't have the time or the convenience of reapplying face products in public. I don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by LaylaRose1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this blush in #2 Powdery Rose. I really like it so far. I had been looking for a cream blush, I hear they are more natural looking. This color is pretty perfect. It looks like just a natural flush on me, almost as if I am not wearing blush and just have a healthy glow. What I like about the cream blush as well is it blends in just like its part of your skin, and doesn't have that powder sitting on your face look. This blush color also while not totally unique still has a way of looking different than all my other blushes. I recommend it so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in #5 fuschia temptation.
I love the subtle smell and the creamy texture! Aah, it's so smooth!
I also love the flashy packaging and that it lasts all day on me AND it's super buildable- the colour is really intense but I wear only a small dot to make it look natural.
I would repurchase this and I really want to try some other colours aswell. Too bad that there's not much product in the package.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by scunagorelik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Expensive? YES. Value for Money? Poor. Quality of Product? AMAZING. I have this in #1 (the peachy one) and i really look forward to applying it. I use it sparingly because it's so expensive, and why it's not an overall 5 for me. To be fair, the only other cream blushers I have are the NYX creams (greasy and heavy on my cheeks. ick) and the MUFE cream in the pump bottle (trial size; ok color, very very pigmented, difficult to apply nicely).

What i love about the YSL is that it's hard to mess up.
(I usually make a mess with the NYX and MUFE cream blushes and wind up looking like Baby Jane in that scary Bette Davis movie.)

Yes, the packaging of the YSL is hard to work with, but this morning I dipped my real techniques stippling brush (perfect size for the YSL pot) into it, lifted just a but of product and applied to cheeks in a circular motion and the result was awesome...i think it took 5 years off my face!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

I NEED THESE IN MY LIFE!! I MUST GET ALL COLOURS!! It's not like the ELF cream blusher or the Maybelline Bouncy Blush.. it's not clay dough... this is a soft very creamy blush... the scent is rose water.. I love it.. it's buildable and super blendable,, best cream blusher that I own... The only negative is that pot is tiny,, the same size as their cream eyeshadows.. I love them all though,, will be buying them all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This is no better than Revlon cream blush in terms of texture and color saturation. The jar is very elegant but impractical. The square top needs to be screwed on just so, or it looks uneven. The metal top becomes a magnet for fingerprints and smudge. The well containingh the product is narrow and somewhat deep so you need to use a brush or you will wind up with blush under your nails. Not that much product for the price. Overall, a dismal disappointment. Even the peach shade I got was pretty blah.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by saraide1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The color, texture, and overall elegance of this product cannot be denied. I wear #2 and it's a beautiful warm pink on my pale skin. However, I had to take to the interwebs to complain about this product's staying power: It fades to basically nothing in a few hours. I have tried everything -- primers, different moisturizers, applying with a brush versus fingers -- and am at an absolute loss. I've worn several brands of creme blushers before (Fusion, MAC, Urban Decay, etc.) and never experienced such fast or severe fading. I'm incredibly disappointed, as otherwise, this would have be a favorite product!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this blush! I bought it in # 6 Rouge Passion (bright red) on an absolute whim in Bloomingdales over the weekend (literally in two minutes flat. it was purchased) but I'm really happy I did because I noticed right away how healthy and vibrant it made me look. I always gravitate toward red-hued blush, as it always giver my light-medium skin a healthy, chic flush. The product is definitely powdery but blendable, and it's totally buildable, too. I like that it's an all-season blush and it'll look just as great in the winter as it does now. The price is definitely a bit steep, but a little goes a long way.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No